CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ...uh, nicely copious vomiticons there Ghawazee :lol: lovely, just lovely :lol: :lol:

TV Guide have a very brief interview with Pam Veasey about the new character. She also talks about the decision to kill off Angell. http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/news/sarah-carter-joins-csi-ny-1762.html

Thanks for that. Kaye sounds interesting on the one hand because of the whole book-learned vs. RL experience angle, and the fact that it's a variant on letting us get to look at forensics and law enforcement from the outside in again with that kind of curve in mind. Less interesting in her insinuation into the overall grand scheme of things due being incredibly witty, charming and brilliant, and harboring a secret. I'll hafta see how I feel about the character before I can say I'd care about a secret, and I guess that will depend on how she's introduced and written; in a way I can kinda see Carter fitting that character, but I'm wary, and I guess in a way mighta had hopes for a different kind of presence joining the show.

I really do hope that Flack gets some great focus this season, and that his aftermath doesn't take a complete back seat to Danny's injuries, and to DL. I also hope that other characters still get some great moments, that guest stars are good and not just trawling for ratings and demographics. I am glad that Hawkes will be getting some overdue attention this season. :p

Thanks for posting the TVGuide interview, JellyBelly. :) I'm not sure what to make of the new girl. I guess my reaction may depend on how she is introduced, and why she is a 'person of interest'. Because I kinda read it as she's so witty, awesome and fantastic that Mac just has to give her a job, which already annoys me. :rolleyes: :lol: Of course, that surely isn't how most forensic science graduates will get their first job. At least, I hope it isn't and I hope I'm wrong about her being introduced in that way.

Anyway, Angell's death should have an effect on Flack. As they wanted to kill someone in the finale, I certainly can see why Angell was the ideal choice. I hope this means they will explore Flack's feelings and that we'll see some reaction to her death. :)
I agree. And the 'person of interest' is kinda curious.

Melina talks to TV Guide about whether or not Mac and Stella will hook up.

Not really spoilers, just Melina talking to Matt Mitovich. The spoilers really lack at TV Guide now. :/

(First video at the top).
Thanks for that too. Nuthin new really. Mind you, I'd guess she gets asked that question alot :lol:

Originally Posted By Duke:
I love Mac & Stella, but like I've said before, I wouldn't want them to become romantically involved. For me, it would completely change the dynamics of their relationship, and they have one of the best on the show. They're close without being close, if that makes sense??
I tend to agree here too. (But can I also say that the handshake at the end of Officer Blue felt kind of odd and unnecessary:lol:)

Thanks for posting the TVGuide interview, JellyBelly. :) I'm not sure what to make of the new girl. I guess my reaction may depend on how she is introduced, and why she is a 'person of interest'. Because I kinda read it as she's so witty, awesome and fantastic that Mac just has to give her a job, which already annoys me. :rolleyes: :lol:
Yeah, I'm never a fan of being told by the other characters that I should like this new person because he/she is Just That Great - without seeing much to form that opinion myself. :rolleyes: But hopefully that won't happen with Kaye (or whatever her name ends up being). I want to be confident, but I'm wary. :p

I believe Kaye Sullivan will be a fresh addition to the show. I guess not being a CSI will give her space to ask questions to herself about them giving her POV on the team

Also i would like to know Sheldon's girlfriend. Is going to be Kara or a new one? :D

Besides, how many episodes will have in S6? Because in some spoiler page it was mentioned 25 episodes again for this season

http://spoily.com/

Ps: No, i didn't change my mood completely.It was I just took a nap:lol:

I just thought I'd share something with you all, it's really, really silly, but still, hilarious. :guffaw:

I had a really weird dream last night, it was so incredibly vivid though. I was watching TV in my dorm room with some friends, which is weird because I don't go to college until late August and we haven't even decided on a television yet, but yeah. :lol:

Anyway, we were watching the news, and a commercial comes on, and it's the teaser one they always release right before the season premiere, and it was for CSI: NY and, man, my dream of it was so vivid, it had a flashback of the shooting, and Danny in a wheelchair, and this murder with a lake, and then at the end of the commercial, there's a flash of Danny sitting in his wheelchair and Flack sitting next to him in a chair and he's resting his hands on the wheelchair and moving towards Danny for a kiss...:eek::eek:

And then the people I was sitting with we all started freaking out, and I woke up when I said out loud, "I don't believe it!!"

When I woke up, I swore it was real, it was put together just like all the other ones were!! I was freaking out, I even checked here for news because I was so confused.

I have a very overactive imagination, I suppose. :lol: But it would be so cool if that were real. :p -sigh-

Last edited:
Oh, Nat_Attack, how I wish you just had a premonition last night!!! :lol: If there's one pairing that would give them the 18-25 demographic it would TOTALLY-DEFINITIVELY-ABSOLUTELY be Danny and Flack :guffaw:

On a more serious note...

Both interviews were interesting! Thanks JellyBelly and vegaslights for the links! :thumbsup: I'm also one of those who think it is an interesting approach what they'll do with Kaye, bookworm VS experience. Although I'm still bored about the secret. I'm a LITTLE bit less reluctant about Kaye and I'm curious how they will introduce her. But like Elsie and Faylinn said before me, her Miss Perfect-Knows-It-All-Mighty-Greatness already get on my nerves... And shame on me but the choice of actress kinda influenced how I feel about Kaye lol It's sad it's a white blonde chick but oh well... PV did say they were aiming for the 18-25 demographic... business is a sad thing... lol

And I hope they're not thinking of pairing Mac and Stella. They have a terrific dynamic and chemistry but I don't want to see it being altered by bad romance story lines. There's just things that deserve to be left for the imagination! Like Stephen King said himself : "Movies, after all, are only an illusion of motion comprised of thousands of still photographs. The imagination, however, moves with its own tidal flow. Films, even the best of them, freeze fiction — anyone who has ever seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and then reads Ken Kesey's novel will find it hard or impossible not to see Jack Nicholson's face on Randle Patrick McMurphy. That is not necessarily bad... but it is limiting. The glory of a good tale is that it is limitless and fluid; a good tale belongs to each reader and its own way." I think it can also applies with what the audience make of the characters off screen. So, no, please do not ruin Mac and Stella for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Oh, Nat_Attack, how I wish you just had a premonition last night!!! :lol: If there's one pairing that would give them the 18-25 demographic it would TOTALLY-DEFINITIVELY-ABSOLUTELY be Danny and Flack :guffaw:

On a more serious note...

Both interviews were interesting! Thanks JellyBelly and vegaslights for the links! :thumbsup: I'm also one of those who think it is an interesting approach what they'll do with Kaye, bookworm VS experience. Although I'm still bored about the secret. I'm a LITTLE bit less reluctant about Kaye and I'm curious how they will introduce her. But like Elsie and Faylinn said before me, her Miss Perfect-Knows-It-All-Mighty-Greatness already get on my nerves... And shame on me but the choice of actress kinda influenced how I feel about Kaye lol It's sad it's a white blonde chick but oh well... PV did say they were aiming for the 18-25 demographic... business is a sad thing... lol

And I hope they're not thinking of pairing Mac and Stella. They have a terrific dynamic and chemistry but I don't want to see it being altered by bad romance story lines. There's just things that deserve to be left for the imagination! Like Stephen King said himself : "Movies, after all, are only an illusion of motion comprised of thousands of still photographs. The imagination, however, moves with its own tidal flow. Films, even the best of them, freeze fiction — anyone who has ever seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and then reads Ken Kesey's novel will find it hard or impossible not to see Jack Nicholson's face on Randle Patrick McMurphy. That is not necessarily bad... but it is limiting. The glory of a good tale is that it is limitless and fluid; a good tale belongs to each reader and its own way." I think it can also applies with what the audience make of the characters off screen. So, no, please do not ruin Mac and Stella for the rest of us.

I totally agree with you about the Mac/Stella thing Cyn, and nice King quote! :D
A fanbase is, after-all, built a lot on speculation and sub-text between characters, hinting at things and everything. It's fun to try and de-code the actors expression and body language and see what's really going on. If they were to pair Mac and Stella, I would want it to be at the end, and even then, not like, LOUDINYOURFACE. *cue 'My Heart Will Go On' playing*

Yeahno. :lol:

But...on a MORE serious note, I totally agree about getting the 18-25 demographic with Danny/Flack.
No really, I mean it!
What with all the new ground being broken for gay rights, it being in the news more and more, I think it would be in the best interest of more mainstream TV shows to have more characters other than just straight ones.

I know all they care about is ratings, but it's just not realistic. :(

Oh but, yeah, Hill Harper did they something about Adam not liking girls... :lol:

While I'm really looking forward to seeing Flack in some great storylines in S6, I hope he isn't so angry/broken that he loses his delightful sense of humour. I couldn't bear an entire season without his snarky, witty one-liners.

On second thoughts, maybe his anger/sadness will make him even more snarky than usual?? His "don't have time for the bad guys persona" could really be pushed to the extreme this coming season. Oooh, I want to see him shove a few suspects up against a wall and get really, really, mad.

I know we weren't discussing that, but I just thought I'd put it out there. :p

While I'm really looking forward to seeing Flack in some great storylines in S6, I hope he isn't so angry/broken that he loses his delightful sense of humour. I couldn't bear an entire season without his snarky, witty one-liners.

On second thoughts, maybe his anger/sadness will make him even more snarky than usual?? His "don't have time for the bad guys persona" could really be pushed to the extreme this coming season. Oooh, I want to see him shove a few suspects up against a wall and get really, really, mad.

I know we weren't discussing that, but I just thought I'd put it out there. :p

Ooh, me too! The one thing I really, really want to see this season is Flack finally being pushed off balance. Not too much - it would be just tragic to see Flack lose his sense of humour - but he's always been so together and stoic, and undamaged. I want to see extra snarkiness - bitter/snarky one-liners are always fun.

I'm hoping they don't take the broken-ness too far...I love Mac, but I don't want to see Flack turn into him, really. :(

Hehehe, this is straight from Hill Harper's Twitter, thought you guys might enjoy this:

"On set. Carrying a bigger gun than Mac and Flack. But always remember "It's not the size of the gun..." Well maybe size DOES matter!LOL"

:guffaw::drool::guffaw:

I am laughing and wiggling my eyebrows at the same time! Dude! Hawkes with a high caliber weapon = SUPER hot!

I think am starting to like this season a bit. ;)

I totally agree with you about the Mac/Stella thing Cyn, and nice King quote! :D
A fanbase is, after-all, built a lot on speculation and sub-text between characters, hinting at things and everything. It's fun to try and de-code the actors expression and body language and see what's really going on. If they were to pair Mac and Stella, I would want it to be at the end, and even then, not like, LOUDINYOURFACE. *cue 'My Heart Will Go On' playing*

Yeahno. :lol:

But...on a MORE serious note, I totally agree about getting the 18-25 demographic with Danny/Flack.
No really, I mean it!
What with all the new ground being broken for gay rights, it being in the news more and more, I think it would be in the best interest of more mainstream TV shows to have more characters other than just straight ones.

I know all they care about is ratings, but it's just not realistic. :(

Oh but, yeah, Hill Harper did they something about Adam not liking girls... :lol:

Hahahaha! I laughed my ass off with the "cue 'My Heart Will Go On'" :guffaw:I imagined Flack opening his window office and bringing Stella in front of it, opening her arms... and she would stare in front of her with an expression that reads "OMFG, my best friend/boss just lost his mind :wtf:".

*cough* My imagination took off once more... Going back to the discussion...:lol:

I concur, it's either at the end or NEVER. Because at least, at the end, the audience still can use its imagination to build-up the relationship. Or destroy it :devil:

And I also agree about Danny and Flack! I laughed about it but I meant it too! Wouldn't it just break some "boundaries" and taboos that are still alive on TV?! The biggest franchise having the first gay cop couple! Now that would be interesting drama! Besides, the 18-25 demographic are really for man on man with all the fanfictions and such. They're not just OK with it, they WANT it lol I don't have cop friends but something tells me that even today gay cops might not have it easy...

Duke said:

Maya316 said:
The one thing I really, really want to see this season is Flack finally being pushed off balance. Not too much - it would be just tragic to see Flack lose his sense of humour - but he's always been so together and stoic, and undamaged. I want to see extra snarkiness - bitter/snarky one-liners are always fun.

I see it either it will make him a little bit bitter and more snarkier than ever or he will remain professional because, like you said Maya, he's so together and stoic. And he never cross the line between what is the job and what becomes personal or... it used to be that way :lol: So maybe that will threw him off his nice little balance for a while but I don't see Flack as the guy that would let himself fall in a self-destructive pattern or just completly loose it. He'd most likely to get his shit together by giving himself a huge kick in the butt. He's got this strength within him. I was about to write "and he is well surrounded" but now that we know Danny will be injured, I hardly see Flack dumping his problems on his best friend that will also be dealing with his fair share of shit! So, I'd repeat what I said previously... I'd like Flack to turn to his sister!!! Though I don't know if they would have time for something like that with Kaye, D/L and Hawkes great moments!

Okies, so - the TV Guide website hates my computer (seriously). Could someone who is able to watch the Melina video transcribe what she says for me? I've got the link to use for a news article tomorrow, but I can't quote at the moment. *glares at computer*

Virtual cookies and eternal love from The Fay for anybody who can help a sister out. ;)

I'm sure others will correct me if I missed something or messed this up but I think this is pretty verbatim what she said. ;)

TVGuide Mega Minute with Matt Mitovich ~ http://www.tvguide.com/video/player.aspx

MEGA MINUTE: Will CSI: NY's Mac and Stella hook up? *dun dun dunnnnn* (sorry, that's me :p)

Preface: "While many csiny fans choose to dwell on matters of death, namely who might've been killed in the season finale, others are turning their thoughts to love, wondering if Mac and Stella might ever turn their professional partnership into something more. I asked Melina Kanakaredes for her thoughts on the hot topic, here's what she said."

MK: "They fit together, I always joke about the yin and the yang, it's a great team because they approach things differently, but at the end, - you need each other. So, romantic or not romantic, I think, you know, there is that, that big brother, kind of family thing, and sister but -" (interviewer interjects here saying 'it could be too much though with Danny and Lindsay involved to have Stella and Mac, then it becomes Love Boat,') "... - yah, and then, when you put your two leads together, it's usually at the end of the run of the show, you know what I mean?"

CSINY kicks off it's 6th season on Sept 23.

end.

Hope dat helps. :p

Last edited:
As much as i want SMacked to happen i think it's for the best that they get together if D/L break up or the end of the show's run. This is me thinking realistically.
xoxo
Lil

I was about to write "and he is well surrounded" but now that we know Danny will be injured, I hardly see Flack dumping his problems on his best friend that will also be dealing with his fair share of shit! So, I'd repeat what I said previously... I'd like Flack to turn to his sister!!!

I'd love to see Sam come back this season and be there for her bro. I hope she isn't going to turn into another Louie and just....disappear/be forgotten?? Wait....is Louie meant to still be in a coma or did he kick the bucket? :wtf: That's the one thing about the show that annoys me the most they never seem to follow through and then give it closure. :scream:

But yeah, Flack isn't the type of guy to dump his problems on his friends, and with his best friend injured, if he can't turn to his sister then who will he turn to?? Mac? Since the season 2 finale, and although they've had a few run in's since, I always thought they had a pretty good relationship. Respectful. The same could be applied to Stella [am I the only one that would really, really, like to see a romantic relationship between them at some point?] Or maybe he'll bottle it all up, in which case we could be in for an angsty and angry season 6 with Donnie.

January can't come quick enough for me. :lol:

Hehehe, this is straight from Hill Harper's Twitter, thought you guys might enjoy this:

"On set. Carrying a bigger gun than Mac and Flack. But always remember "It's not the size of the gun..." Well maybe size DOES matter!LOL"

:guffaw::drool::guffaw:

I am laughing and wiggling my eyebrows at the same time! Dude! Hawkes with a high caliber weapon = SUPER hot!

I think am starting to like this season a bit. ;)

He's so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back