Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

I thought Erica and Ryan did have a spark, and I do believe they had some kind of relationship, but she was too annoying! Its a shame, because they did have good chemistry, but TPTB would have had to alter her character for her to be in it more.
    I would say that Erica did care for Ryan, but she cared about her career more. And in there last few epis together she just got on my nerves too much for me to want her to stay. I agree with what someone wrote earlier- Ryan has matured since then, and I dont think he would ever go back into a relationship like that. He doesn't need anymore drama!
    And on the Ryan/Nat/Eric thing- that was just strange. Enough said!!

2. electra

electra Pathologist

How could be that the only woman we know Ryan dated was Erica.At least the writers could have given him a better story making her more likeable.

Just for the record,Ryan only dated natalia once,right? I think part of my brain blocked that triangle.;)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yes, the went to dinner and a Mexican wrestling match. Natalia only agreed to it to spite Eric for the "cleared for landing" comment. :lol:

4. electra

electra Pathologist

^How could I forget the mexican wrestling?:lol:But they never said how it ended or if they went out more then once.

BTW, I seriously hated Eric when he said "clear for landing".

5. GregNickRyanFan

I think Ryan and Nat probably decided they were better off as friends. :lol: And I know what you mean about Eric saying that. I think many of us (especially those who are Eden shippers) were practically ready to throw something at our tvs or yelling at him. :lol:

6. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

You are correct GNRF because I was one of the people yelling.

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Hmmm, a thread about putting people's opinions together and seeing which one's the best yet still nobodys opinion is wrong, well just because an opinion is an opinion, and not fact.

EC to the flippin world!

The thing that makes EC a good romance for the show imo is that they've known each other for so long, and are great friends, that's a good relationship right there. The relation to brother/sister relationship is like saying they look out for each other and are just there for each other like brother and sister would be. What happened recently in season 7 was that a sudden realization, actually from way before because Eric told his therapist about her, that basically says 'you know what, i think i might love this person' Because of this long term friend relationship, the two can be together forever, because a friend is there through thick and thin and blah blah blah. They can live around each other without having more than one occasional fight and so on. The switch into being lovers is great, cuz we know they have the potential to last. Maybe living together and getting to know each other better and being closer together is gonna cuz differences to surface. Eg difference of opinion in Seeing Red, the finale, BUT it's normal.

That sudden spark, I think wasn't shown that well on tv, but it happened, cuz they're in love. So if you dont see it, accept what you believe.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I actually liked EDEN when they were together.I just was certain that it would not last.But I was upset with Eric becouse it was a derogatory comment to women in general.I seriously wanted to enter the TV and slap him!!

E/C will always be something that some will like and some not.But if the spoilers are correct they are becoming way serious.After that ,it will be difficult to see either of them with anyone else.I mean ,if they break up they main couple would be Horatio and Yelina to put an exemple.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Yelina is the only one I can see Horatio with.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It must have been a particularly bad date :rolleyes: The fact that it was never mentioned again. The whole epi was pretty silly though, I have seen primary school kids who are more mature.

I cant say I am a fan of E/C. I never saw them as that close friends and I think the relationship was played out very badly. If it had gone another way, I might have been more amenable.
    As it as, now that E/C is here im hoping that next season will see a reduction on there 'romantic' moments. I dont think it should just end- now TPTB have started it they should continue it properly- just not to the detriment of other characters, and decent plots.

I liked H and Yelina together, but sadly I think that ship has sailed away. :rolleyes: I agree that it would be difficult to stop the whole E'C thing now it has been so thoroughly (epi after epi) established.

11. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Stupid question: why we should have a couple on crime show? I mean, it's crime show, it's no necessary to have a couple there.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

^ Oh,I was just talking about the posibility(not that I want it that way) becouse this is the ship debate afterall.To be fair,it's kind of hard for me to picture Super H being involved with anyone romantically.But I am perfectly fine with no ships in a show like criminal minds to put an exemple.

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thats true. I do like a bit of romance in a show, but not so that it swamps it. Electra- Criminal Minds is a great example of a show that doesnt have any of its regulars involved with each other, and I think the show is better for it. They have JJ and Pen with non-regulars- so there is a hint of romance but not every episode, and only in small doses. I think Miami would be better off doing that kind of thing- the writers IMO arent great at writing romance so they shouldnt focus on it so much.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I do like Criminal minds as it is but at the same time I really enjoy E/C in a relationship.Actually ,I used to watch Miami on and off and now I watch weekly since they are together.

On other topic,Solitaire.Why do you think E/C has taken over the show?I see it differently but I would like to know you opinion.I think you are very fair to every character so that's why I am interested.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks. I try to be fair to them.
    In all honesty I haven't seen most of s7 yet, so I suppose I cant fully judge the E/C development. I do know what has happened between them in s7, but I suppose it is not the same.
    Im going off what I have seen in s5, 6 and the fiirst 5 epis of s7 (and rather out of order the s7 finale!)
    In regards to them taking over the show- My main problem is that it always seems to be the 2 of them working together. I dont mind that a little, but I want to see each of the characters work with other people. Cal and Ryan have great chemistry, Cal and Nat, Eric and H etc In my opinion, in order to show off the romance TPTB have decided to show them together all the time.
    Another thing is that in order to develop the romance Cal and Eric are both missing out on character development. It all seems to further the romance. In the one with Eric and the shrink instead of being a proper look into Eric' state of mind and recovery it turned into a chance for E/C 'longing' (although I actually enjoyed this epi more than I expected) Same with Cal. And its not just Eric, I didnt like the stuff with Jake either. I just find it annoying that her character is becoming defined by who she dates, or is attracted to.
    I think the jist of it is im just not that into romance in crime drama. I like alittle bit, the odd flirtation, a few hints at a relationship, but that is it.
    In theory im not against these 2 being together- they just need to tone it down and have less of the angst and more happiness!

So, there is an answer, thankyou for asking :)
    Can I ask you what you see as the positive points of the relationship?
    It is good to see these things from a different angle.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009