Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think the reason that most don't mind Cath/Vartann may be because he's a recurring character. It's a lot different putting a main character with a recurring one than it is putting two main characters together (and when a main character leaves and comes back as a recurring, they are still seen as a main character by the majority of viewers, as is the case with both Sara and Eric).

As far as Miami is concerned, I'm not sure there would be a ship there that would unite the fanbase. :lol:

2. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

there is no one I would want with Horatio... esp. Natalia... I think Horatio should remain the 'boss'.. I wouldn't mind him having a love interest outside of CSI team, even a new character that's part of the MDPD just not on the CSI team.. I think the show jumped ship too early with Marisol... I think her story with Horatio had a lot more potential... and especially since she was related to Delko. Her character would have had a connection to the show, been a nice fit for Horatio and not mess with the integrity of the CSI team and Horatio as a boss figure.

3. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

I am not on the ship, but I am on the dock :lol: ... what I mean is that I see both sides to this argument...or rather have feelings which are both pro and con.. if that makes sense.

I like them because it gives us a peek into the characters on a more intimate level.

Really the only reason I don't like them is because of how IMO tptb sort of put them together in a very plot driven manner. IMO there was no (on screen) closure for Nat and Delko (even if what they had was just fun and games), they still were sort of flirty and/or protective of one another..then all of a sudden it seemed that amid season 5 when Delko was shot, TPTB rewrote history and paired Calleigh and Delko together... I was offended that TPTB did not have Natalia visit Delko as it seemed they decided to just erase their history...and/or cutoff the storyline or bring a real closure to their relationship (after all even though they were no longer hooking up at this point, I still saw hints of feelings towards each other esp. in Delko's protectiveness of Natalia during the Nick fiasco). Then he was shot, and all of that history jumped ship...had they phased out Delko and Natalia a little more clearly and not so abruptly with no explanation, I would be fully on board with C&E

When in season 7 it became clear that Delko had strong feelings for Calleigh, I felt confused. :wtf:

I would have liked to see the build up to their relationship be a little more natural,and then once it became clear that there were feelings there, a little more consistent. (Although consistency in general is my main issue with CSI miami).

In general I am a fan, I am just bitter about how they came to fruition.

I think I would be an even bigger fan, if we saw the other CSI's interacting with C&E.. they clearly know the two have something going on, and I would like to see them as more of a real couple rather than just bed buddies. -- What about all the CSI's out to dinner together where C&E are open and coupley, like when real single friends hang out with their friends who are couples?

Ok I babbled enough, and I'm not even sure if this post is thread appropriate? Hopefully it is

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I don't think there's really any pairing of major characters that would unite Miami fans. I could see Nat with Horatio maybe back in Season 5 after her ex husband died, but if it happened now it would seem a little out of the blue.

I always thought that Valera and Ryan would make a nice couple, but I'm sure there are people who disagree with that.

I think one relationship everyone would like is if Frank got a girlfriend, whether she was another detective, an officer, or someone who wasn't involved in law enforcement. Frank could use some loving! ;)

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

That's one way of looking at it. Maybe it was because I wasn't a big fan of Eric/Natalia, but I was satisfied with the closure they got.

And I always saw Eric's protectiveness of her during the Nick fiasco as something to attribute to his character, not his feelings about Natalia. Eric REALLY doesn't like people who hit women, and I could see him doing the same for Calleigh or Valera. I remember back in Season 2 he was helping out a woman who had lost her husband to a violent crime (I think) with some handyman kind of things and was beaten to a pulp while he was in her neighborhood. He was very insistent that there was nothing going on between him and the woman, and he was just helping her out. Also back in Season 3, he ran interference for Calleigh and an accused man who was defending himself in court and went to the crime lab to see the evidence against him, but was a little too aggressive about it. Calleigh, of course, being Ms. Independent, was annoyed with Eric for stepping in because she thought she had the situation under control. And then, of course, there was the episode in Season 5 when Eric was sued for helping a woman he thought was in danger. I see Eric as protective of women in general.

I'd like that too. It would be awesome to see Natalia or Ryan tease the couple, or tell Eric to be careful because Calleigh's aim is deadly. And it would also be nice to see them all relaxed and not in work clothes for a change. :p

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So very true. No one in the main cast, but Frank does need some lovin'! Maybe his ex wife could come back into the picture and he could get back together with her?

7. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, I don't post here, ever, because , in the beginning it was pretty venomous about the E/C ship. However, out of morbid curiosity, I popped in and was wildly entertained by the fun.

The common thread for a while has been: Frank needs a girlfriend. Okay, drawing from the numerous interviews with Rexx Linn and the preference he's stated, the next wild ship is....Frank and Calleigh!

Go and discuss and have wild humous fantasies.

8. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

i think it can happen on the spoiler lab there its a detail about a new episode about eric and calleigh

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I could actually see that. Valera is a recurring cast member, so her being involved with a main cast member wouldn't bother me, the romance would be mostly off screen.As the show stands now,if there was never another romance it would be fine with me.

10. Emmie

Emmie Victim

As much as I love DuCaine, I'd only want it in fanfictions. I don't want Horatio with the current Calleigh, I'd like him with the Calleigh from season one to three. I hate character changes. ; A ;

As for the dislike, I don't find E/C as exciting as other people find it.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

And there was the end of the sisterabduction episode.:shifty:. In general as per miami writerhistory ANY couple could happen:guffaw:. This is what we "live" with as fans of the show. True Frank might need some loving, but is the character "important" enough as storylines goes to give him an onscreen girlfriend? From a writers point of view?

12. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

the only thread I love is Catnip
    iam still convinced that Catherine and Nick are going to end up together

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

I'm hearing a lot of talk in support of a Ryan/Valera romance. NO WAY!!! Valera is fine as one of the lab rats; but not as Ryan's love interest. She is incredibley boring; ship her to NY with the other boring characters. Ryan needs someone with some personality and spirit. Not someone that is just there. That's almost as bad as wanting him with Erica Sikes. At least Erica had a sleezy personality and gave him a run for his money. :lol:

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Some support Ryan/Valera because it wouldn't be intrusive to the show.But as I said before,if there was never another romance on Miami,that would be fine with me.It's not as though the writers have done a great job in the romance department,ever!

15. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree greatfan; the writers just don't have a clue. First I beleive the characters have to have exceptional on screen presence/chemistry to really write for a great romance. Just because a couple looks hot/cute together; may not necessarily make a great couple to write for. Eventually it looks forced and boring.

I also think if the couple is too much alike in personality; it limits what the writers can do with them. Give me differences and you have an interesting story. :)