Sara Sidle Returns

I'm thrilled and over the moon, It totally made my day and my weekend, I've told everyone
pompom.gif
Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle was one of the main "heartbeats" of the team, and a bit of the heart was gone when she was gone> I don't care why or how she is coming back. Her sensational aura, her extrodinary acting, her beauty, and her camraderie with the team has always excelled. I bet she and Dr. Langston click imediately, their both compassionate, and her other buddies will be thrilled to see her. As far as her love interest her man, he will be back too. Their still a couple and this will never change. The title "FAMILY AFFAIR" could mean many different things.. She was one of the originals and has millions of exerberant fans anticipating her return, and maybe a baby, to bringing Hank home to their condo, or something all together different, but anywho.. THANK YOU JORJA
jorjaew_7.png

Last edited:
Well, it's like old times. I was hoping to make a positive comment about this topic, then leave, but I guess I will have to work a little harder. Making derogatory comments about Jorja and her fans is uncalled for. Thank you to those who have been happy for us in the return of our favorite character

I really don't think I was making derogatory comments about the fans. I was complaining about the power they had over TPTB. I am sorry you feel that way, but it was not my intention.

It just boggles my mind why TPTB would want to bring back such a polarizing figure, but I guess polarizing means higher ratings in their eyes.

We don't know why Sara is coming back, so getting upset about her storyline and screentime is certainly premature. Maybe Greg is in a crisis and she comes back to help; who knows.

That sounds good to me. :) Greg needs a storyline desperately. :lol: I'm not upset about her returning at all. I knew it would happen eventually. I'm just surprised it's so early in the season. I figured they'd save something like that for a sweeps episode. :lol: But, like I said before she could just be appearing briefly in the premiere and then not appear again until later in the season.

Someone said she'd be in five eps. Is that including the premiere or in addition to the premiere? And does anyone know if these eps will be one right after the other or if it will be spread out throughout the season?

I don't mind her returning for a bit, especially if it means that the other characters, especially Nick and Greg get more decent screen time. Like I said, Sara and Greg's friendship was always one of my favorite things. So, I'm very anxious to see a scene involving the the two of them. I'm hoping that tptb don't let me down on that one. :)

The title "FAMILY AFFAIR" could mean many different things..

That's the title of the premiere episode? Hmm... I didn't know that. The only thing that comes to mind about that title is that maybe it will have to do with Eli. But, it may have more to do with the case of the actress who is killed in the episode. Maybe a family member is the culprit. :shrugs:

Desertwind, that Jorja icon that you posted at the end of your post is stunning. I love the softness of it. :)

Well, it's like old times. I was hoping to make a positive comment about this topic, then leave, but I guess I will have to work a little harder. Making derogatory comments about Jorja and her fans is uncalled for. Thank you to those who have been happy for us in the return of our favorite character

I really don't think I was making derogatory comments about the fans. I was complaining about the power they had over TPTB. I am sorry you feel that way, but it was not my intention.

It just boggles my mind why TPTB would want to bring back such a polarizing figure, but I guess polarizing means higher ratings in their eyes.

Polarizing figures are much more interesting and they generate a lot of discussion. That's ultimately good for the show.

Besides, we don't want Destiny to get bored. :hugegrin: Things have been pretty dull around here lately.

I have to agree with you, GregNickRyanFan, I like Sara and Greg as a friends, not as a couples and I do like Sara and Nick too. I hope TPTB will do to see how Nick and Greg feel about Sara return. I wondering how Sara will react that Nick and Greg got Grissom's office. I'm glad Sara return to the show. I like her since Nesting Dolls.

Last edited:
I would be more excited if the S1-2 Sara was making a come back...but the "new" Sara doesn't sit well for me. I like Jorja, so it'll be nice to see her...but her character really should stay gone.

I am in the 'meh' crowd. I was never a big Sara fan. I didn't have any real problems with her, I just didn't think she was the greatest. I'm interested to see how they bring Sara back, and exactly how big of an 'appearance' she'll make. I do think they're going to shake things up quite a bit, with Ray&Riley just beginning to settle in, now they're bringing Sara back.

I'm another one who is not really that happy about all of this. Like a couple of people said above, it's like TPTB don't trust Marg and Fishburne, et al to do a good job.

Then, it also takes away from the other actors'/characers' screen time, which IMO is not fair, especially if it's a large, drawn out GSR related story arc.

Now, I know that there's been nothing said about Petersen coming back, but if Fox is coming back for multiple episodes, it's got to be GSR related, right?

All in all, I don't like it, mainly because she left, Petersen left, and the show has got to move on from that point if it's going to survive. It's like Oh, ratings dipping? No problem, let's just pull this out of our back pocket, and it'll make it all better. IMO, not good for the show's development long term.

I'd like it better if that they did acknowledge that since Petersen left, there have been some growing pains, and figure out a way to smooth that out. Honestly, I haven't seen them doing that from just the little I've watched of this season. Frustrating.

Who's in the "meh" crowd, raise your hand! **raises her hand**

I have never been a big Sara's fan, but I've always enjoyed her till the whole GSR oplà. I'm not against this ship as I do think it has been handled far better than others on this franchise *ahem*. But I for once am disappointed with her coming back possibely for more than one episode especially if it's going to involve more GSR possibely with their wedding. They already ruined Gil's departure, to me, that I don't think I can handle another wedding on this franchise :rolleyes:.

As long as she keeps being a special guest star, I'm perfectly fine with it. But once they'll tell me she's back on the show regularly...well all I can do is making a big booo towards Jorja. She was the one who left the show b/c of whatever reason why she couldn't keep on working for it, she just can't come back like this, IMHO.

I was really disappointed with her at the time and I would be even more disappointed with her, if she were to come back as a regular.

I think she misses the money. :guffaw:If the writers are in need for more ideas on shows why don't they ask us. On the CBS board there are a lot of ideas for shows and I am sure if I look enough on this one I will find them too. Lets just hope that Sara's return is nothing like my real life right now. I don't think I could handle watching it. I need something positive.

Who's in the "meh" crowd, raise your hand! **raises her hand**

**Raises hand!**

I personally am starting to get the feeling that since she seems to have to be there each season (since leaving) that she's beginning to feel that leaving in the first place may have been a mistake. It's starting to feel like she's that relative that keeps showing up at the front door for a visit and won't tell you why. :confused: I can't get interested in finding out what Sara Sidle's been doing with her time because she hasn't been gone long enough for me to develop a curiosity about it.

Susan

I think she misses the money. :guffaw:If the writers are in need for more ideas on shows why don't they ask us. On the CBS board there are a lot of ideas for shows and I am sure if I look enough on this one I will find them too. Lets just hope that Sara's return is nothing like my real life right now. I don't think I could handle watching it. I need something positive.

I agree with this 100%. Yeah, Sara coming back just brings depressing storylines and she'll bring everything down.

Oh *raising my hand as high as I can get it*.

So many fans are over the moon and thrilled that she's returning and why who cares, she'll make CSI like it used to be phenomenal.. none of us know what's going on behind the scenes. It's been a drag to not have this stunning actress still on here. She has stated that "I'd never do another crime drama, if that were the case I'd stay on CSI"~ I'm not sure, if this has been posted but here's a little poll form AOL as to why fans think she's returning. There could be other reasons as well:thumbsup:

WHY DO YOU THINK SARA IS RETURNING TO VEGAS?

1..Sara and Grissom have broken up?
2..Something has happened to Grissom, and Sara needs CSI's help~
3..Sara's pregnant comes home to tie up loose ends~
4..Another CSI leaves the team, and she's temporarily filling in~
5..She's engaged wants to plan a quickie Vegas wedding~
6..NO idea, will let the CSI's solves this one~

So many fans are over the moon and thrilled that she's returning and why who cares, she'll make CSI like it used to be phenomenal..

IMHO, I think the show is phenomenal without her and so many fans are NOT over the moon or thrilled that she's returning.

I've said it before and that I'm happy the Sara fans are getting to see their favorite character again, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about seeing her. I was hoping for ONE season without GSR since we've had to deal with it since the end of Season 6 and that it ruined the show.

Tptb didn't go with the Nick and Catherine romance (CSI's original ship) and they made a great decision not to. They should have applied that same decision to Grissom and Sara. Man, even my mother thinks that relationship is so wrong and all she does is watch the show.

Having Catherine and Warrick have that 'flirtation' with each other was fine, but I wouldn't want to see them in a relationship.

Back