CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I got this in an email. So what is going on here? TWO newcast members? All we know for certain is someone other than Danny has a thing for brown eyed blondes.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I might really have to start crying/wailing if we get hit with half the amount of D/L from S5 and they're still not over by the season's end. Hated, hated, hated the overdump in S5, but at least they had a semi-reasonable excuse for it - they had to explain Lindsay's pregnancy. There's no excuse this time. None. No, Lucy is not an excuse. Catherine Willows had a daughter and managed to live without bringing her by the lab every day for her coworkers to gawk at/fawn over.

As for Kaye's dark secret...I'm actually more terrified they're going to go the route they did with Lindsay's over-kill secret. Make it something that completely victimizes her, allowing absolutely no blame to fall on her; something gory or evil and traumatizing that would leave most people in the hospital for years with severe PTSD - only she was able to get over it and become a cop because she's so awesome!1!1 (and of course, because they really needed her to start sleeping with Danny/whoever they're planning to hook Kaye up with :rolleyes:) I'd probably be happier with the "drug addiction" storyline, honestly - at least we'd know that was Kaye's fault. It'd mean we're not supposed to be seeing her as perfect. With the Tara-addiction, didn't they add it so they could kick her off the show? I only saw the one episode where she was found out, and it looked like she was getting fired...

3. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

From what I understand, Sarah Carter is the actress who was selected for the Kaye Sullivan role. I don't know much about t.v. contracts, but it sounds like she will be contracted for season six (at least) but not necessarily appear in every episode.

I didn't watch Shark so am not familiar with the actress. Based soley on the photo, she does have the young, pretty, perky look it seems they were going for -- we'll have to see how it plays out onscreen.

Just guessing, but I wonder if her secret has something to do with her real identity. Maybe she already has been trained/educated as a CSI (as indicated in the original description) and took on the technician role for some reason. She could be a mole as someone suggested....Mac certainly hasn't been running the tightest ship lately....Or maybe she is hiding from someone who is out to get her (sigh).

Re: the Danny storyline....It' not too surprising that he's the one injured, especially since it seems no one will be leaving the series at this point in time.

I am curious and also a bit skeptical about the wheelchair storyline, though. It could be a very interesting arc if handled the right way, but in a crime drama like this, I wonder if they will have the time and patience to do it in a deep and realsitic way.

I do think it's good that they are apparently starting the season with a storyline like this, which hopefully will allow them to explore some of the character relationships a bit more. That's an area that I felt was weak in the early part of season five when IIRC they had as many as 14-15 million people watching and could've used more character focus, imo.

Re: the impact on D/L...well, we'll see. It's certainly the type of storyline that should allow the writers and actors to show us (rather than tell) the nature and depth of the feelings between Danny and Lindsay, and this is also an opportunity for Lindsay to show some maturity and a stronger presence onscreen.

The one concern I have is that this event (Danny's injury) and the impact on his relationship with Lindsay will become the dominant factors influencing and impacting the personal lives (and actions) of all the other characters. Yes, they all care about Danny and Lindsay and should be supportive, but the team is not the only support system that Danny and Lindsay have. This is a good opportunity for Danny's "family of cops" or some of Lindsay's relatives to show up as that is what one might expect in such a RL situation.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm still wishing they went with Anne Dudek instead. :(

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't think there will be two characters. I think it's just that they reported that they would be casting a series regular, and reported that Carter got the job - but Hill was specifying that the character won't necessarily start out in every episode.

It's a bit confusing. My interpretation is that there's only one new person - and we just haven't gotten a lot of info to clarify what the character's status will be on the show.... I think Hill probably would have mentioned that they were getting two new people (although I don't know when the recent interview took place, so it's possible that he may not have known)...

As an example, although I may have mentioned it before, AJ had a contract as a series regular from the start of season four - I believe it specified that they had to include him in a certain number of episodes, but he wasn't guaranteed to be in every episode. They could have done something similar for the new girl - get her under a contract to guarantee her presence when they need her, and after the trial period they can choose whether they want to end her role there (a la Tara Price on Miami, who is apparently gone after a single season) or increase her role and make her a full-time reg (maybe at that point, she goes from clean-up tech to CSI).

If what I just said made any sense. :lol: If they release details that indicate that I'm wrong, I foresee a clarifying news article in my future. :p

6. Duke

Duke Witness

Ugh, Sarah Carter. I remember seeing her in Smallville and just wishing that Clark would fly her far, far away! Ugh, ugh, ugh. I'll give her a chance on NY, but I'm not holding my breath on liking her. She seems too perky, ya know? :(

And I agree, vegaslights, Anne Dudek would have been great, she's older too. Maybe that's a negative. :(

*sigh*

7. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I remember why she looks so familiar now! She was in the movie "Final Destination 2" (for a couple of scenes); I've seen that movie like a hundred times, but she never stood out in it.

I'm not holding anything against Carter just yet - she looks like she could fit the Kaye role, though I'm iffy on how well she could actually bring "sexy" to the yard...she has the "cute" look, not the "sexy" look. But I wonder how much experience she's had...the way it looks now, it's going to have to be her who does most of the work on Kaye's character.

8. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Anything involving Danny means Flack needs to be involved. Anything involving Flack means Danny should be involved. But, the two of them dealing with drama at the same time - this will be a great season! Can't wait.!

Thanks, Fay, for the spoiler!

9. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Danny and Flack always go together like peas in a pod.
    I bet they're as close as peas in a pod too.... :devil:

...Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

10. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

I'm with you on the casting. Oh look, a blonde! What a shocking casting for TV! :rolleyes: Oh well, there goes my dream of the cast of CSI: NY looking like, well, New York.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting! Thanks for bringing that over. I gotta say, the more I hear about the new character, the more I'm intrigued. She sounds a little like Ryan Wolfe in her desire to join the team and be a CSI, and I always liked that about him. Ryan is one of the more interesting characters on Miami IMO.

I think they killed Angell off to mess with Flack. Flack's so centered and grounded, but he was really pushed in the fifth season, first with concern for his sister, then with falling under suspicion of killing a suspect, then with Angell's death... and now Danny is going to be hurt. I wonder if they're trying to get him to a really dark place. I'll be curious to see what happens with that!

Oh, Flack and Danny do indeed go together. I love their friendship, and I hope season six really delves in and explores it given that they're both going to be traumatized--Flack by Angell's death and Danny by being shot. Flack's always been Danny's rock... but with what he went through in the finale I wonder if he'll still be able to be that in season six. Danny will be so lost if he doesn't have Flack to lean on!

13. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I had to go back and find this because I am so wrong most of the time with my wild imaginings but isn't this what Pam V. was talking about in her interview?

As for Flack, I really like how they are challenging this character and can't wait to see what dark places they take him to before it's all over. I remember in an interview Carmine said they were running Flack around more these days and boy, he wasn't kidding!

14. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Dammnit i tried to keep away:lol:

I just knew Danny was going to get injured in the finale and i can't say i am that looking foward to seeing the new season
    i can just picture Lindsay 'trying' to get all emotional and moaning and whining about it, some huge blown up scene about it and then he recovers by the next epi:guffaw:

i really hope it isnt like that though:p

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah it certainly looked that way - and she was highlighting that most csi jobs seem to go to other people, like cops, doctors etc, rather than to forensics grads. i was almost a forensics student but i failed chemistry a level :) if i'd thought it was possible to have a boss like mac i might have tried harder :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.