The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

In the promo Lisbon says 'Are you threatening me?' when she tries to stop Jane from going after Red John! Well, seeing as he wantas to kill this guy really slowly and your standing in the way of his righteous revenge, I'd say, yeah, he's probably threatening you instead of asking you out for coffee!

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Patrick Jane, pack your bags. According to a press release from CBS, The Mentalist is moving to Thursday nights at 10:00 pm (Eastern time), following a little known show called CSI.

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ You scared the crap out of me. I thought you were going to say it got cancelled and wasn't going to be renewed for a new season.

I almost cried.

Anyways I loved the season finale. More than I liked CSI: Miami's which is my main show... so that's saying something. ;) (Not really, the Miami finale wasn't amazing in any way shape or form.)

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Noooooo!!!!!! I like this show where it is. My thursdays are full enough as it is, I don't need anything else there. Put it back!

Anyway, really enjoyed the finale. Poor Jane :( That man needs a hug. I was really hoping they'd catch Red John, but that would've been too convenient.

Do you think they'll continue with the red refferences in the titles next season?

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't like when the shows are shifted to different days, different time slots. It's sometimes a bad move.

I liked the finale. I felt so bad for Patrick. I agree w/ you Dragonfly, he needs to be hugged. I'm glad he shot that jerk, even while dying he could show no remorse for his actions.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

I was glad that Jane choose life instead of revenge when he shot his only lead to Red john.I also like the talk between Jane and Lisbon.Very interesting episode.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

They seem to be doing an awful lot of Mentalist promoting. Maybe they're moving it to Thursday after CSI because they know tons of people watch CSI and may just leave their TV on the same channel to try out the Mentalist?

I think they're going to continue the red refferences until they catch Red John. At least I'd find that the interesting...

8. Meatball42

That would make sense, and it might work.
    I really admired the fact the Patrick would shoot his only lead in his family's murder to save his friend. I knwo somebody will try to make a ship out of that, but I think it's healthy that he recognizes that people's lives are more immediatly important that his revenge.

9. Missing

Missing Pathologist

OMG:eek: WTF are they doing moving it to Thurs. God I hate Networks they are just trying to kill it. They got a hit and now we have to ruin it. Dont think it will have to much competition against Private Practice and Leno but could be wrong. And I agree I already have to much to watch on Thurs. WHy does thurs have to be the day--once long ago Friday was the day to watch now why cant Tues be the day to watch and jsut keep everything as it it. MAN.....this better not backfire on CBS.

10. Meatball42

I won't be able to watch it with my schedule next year. Especcially at that time. If it stayed after NCIS I might have been able to wrangle it, but now I'll have to drop the show. It's too bad, it was one of my favs

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Be like me and get the DVD when it comes out. I do that with Big Love and Dexter. Can't afford?? Wait a while and go to Amazon where you can get used cheaper.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Congratulations to Simon Baker on his nomination for Outstanding Actor in a Drama. Hope he does well on the Emmy Awards show.

13. Meatball42

I'm in a dilemma now. Jane was nominated in the same category as House, from the eponymously named House. Who do I root for! I'm stuck!

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Just root for both, then you'll be happy with whoever wins! :D

15. Meatball42

haha! I think I will. who do you guys think will win?