The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I like this show. Not one of my favorites but enjoyable TV. :) Almost all characters are fun in their own way but I just don't get Lisbon. I don't really know why exactly. I know you sometimes need a few episodes to warm up to some characters but I've seen 12 episodes so far and I'm still not getting her. I hope she'll get interesting in the near future because she's starting to annoy me. Am I the only one that still doesn't know what to think of her?

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I actually think they're all a little off somehow. :lol: The show reminds me a bit of those cheesy 80's mysteries like Matlock and Murder She Wrote. The characters and dialogue tend to be pretty simplistic and one dimensional at times.

BUT, Patrick's character makes up for all of that. I really love how he operates. It cracks me up the way he deals with people. :lol:

3. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I have a quick random question...

I had the same exact problem with the whole football game in the way of the Sunday ep. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was posted on the internet somewhere? I checked CBS, but they only have clips, not entire episodes, unfortunately.

Thanks!

4. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I like this show. Of course, my favorites are the CSIs however this is another favorite. I love Jane, he has that personality that draws people to him. Lisbon is interesting. She is trying to project that she is the boss, but I think Jane is getting to her. As the show is progressing she is becoming alot more likable(to me). Plus the interaction between Lisbon and Jane is always fun to watch :thumbsup:. I have to say that I really like this show. *shrugs* who knew?

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

HipHuggers#1Fan, please remove either the text or the image from your signature, because this is against the rules. You can choose the text OR the image, not both. Thanks :)

6. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Simon Baker is absolutely adorable! I just really like this show. I liked how in last night's episode we got a glimps into the "old" Patrick Jane. Now we see Jane as being this good guy hero, but we had a chance to see what he was like before his wife and daughter were murdered. I had almost forgotten that he was a "crooked psychic". We had a chance to see that he may not have been such an upstanding guy. I mean, he wasn't a criminal or anything but he did take advantage of vulerable people. Now, we can see that he really feels bad about it and it seemed that Jane hated going back into his past and reliving those memories.

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^ I loved that fact too. Most of the time Jane is portrayed as the good fellow, enjoying to play jokes on his collegues, but this flashback reminded us that he wasn't such an upstanding guy. The way he threw the rest of his glass over the ledge, made me feel like he was more concerned that his "prediction" wasn't right, and that basically he screwed up, than about the woman.

I'm curious to how he'll react when he meets Red John, his wife and daughter's killer. I don't think it'll bring out the best in him. A few episodes back, he expressed his feelings about revenge, and I think he'll do anything to have that served cold.

8. Project DAY

Project DAY Hit and Run

The Mentalist rocks! I've been watching it since the very beginning. Jane is absolutely great--his ability to read people and predict things as well as his sense of humor and chemistry with his colleagues is just entertaining to say the least.

I'm especially curious about Jane and Lisbon as they seem to have a little something there possibly. Oh and Rigsby is just adorable with Van Pelt.

9. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Jane assured Lisbon the last time Red John was brought up (can't remember the name of the episode at this time) that if he ever finds Red John, he WAS going to kill him. Then Lisbon said basically that she will be there and arrest him. Then Jane said something like now we understand each other. He didn't seem the least bit concerned that Lisbon would arrest him if he killed Red John. Anyway, I so thought Rigsby and Van Pelt were going to kiss at the end there for a second!

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Saw this show for the first time the other night (because I saw the promo on CSI:Miami) and dang it all I missed the last 15 minutes of it. :(
    What I saw of it though, I liked. I might possibly start watching it but I don't know....

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I've only seen three episodes of the show. I am hooked! I really enjoyed this week's episode.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm now offically hooked on The Mentalist. It's my must see on Tuesday nights now. I love the Patrick Jane character.

I love that it's a small ensemble cast too. Pretty cool.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

<<< VCR / TIVO ALERT >>>

Due to the president's speech tomorrow night, The Mentalist will be delayed one hour and air at 10:00 pm Eastern Time. As usual, check local listings for time and channel in your area.

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yeah I didnt know that but I set my VCR from 8-10pm CST to make sure I didnt miss it. It was a good episode. If you haven't seen this show start watching--all you need is to see one episode and if Simon Baker cannot sell you on his smile :drool: :devil:, I don't know what can.

15. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

For me it's not Simon Baker's smile, it's Rigsby's. :D

I know the show is all about Jane but I still don't get Lisbon. Okay, she maybe a bit dull but she is also starting to intrigue me. :lol: I want to get to know her better.