Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

You won't be getting pics for a while. This ep doesn't begin filming until the 20th and even then it takes quite a while before the promo pics are put up. They usually show up about, considering this is the premiere, maybe 3 to 4 weeks before the ep is set to air. Don't hold me to that though....I am only guessing based on the release of past promo pics.

As for Cal being the one to have to make the decision regarding Eric and his surgery.....H and Alexx, imo, are sooo going to put 2 and 2 together. From reading the spoilers, Cal's reaction to the situation is pretty strong. She isn't sure what to do b/c, as she pretty much says to Alexx "you are talking about brain surgery." Alexx tells her that it isn't w/o risks but a decision needs to be made. H tells Alexx to give her time to make the decision and Alexx says there isn't any b/c the fragment is contributing to the swelling and they may not get another chance to remove it. So obviously it has shifted in whatever trauma he gets to his head. Which lends to the notion that some had after the finale that he hits and head and simply stumbles away b/c the fragment has shifted and he is disoriented.

Cal is hesitant to do the surgery and even asks H what she should do and he tells her what Eric would want her to do. His answer doesn't help her much and she seems to become disconnected from the moment and then we flashback to 1997.

Based H's statement about her knowing what Eric would want her to do, her emotional reactions in the scene, and just the fact that she has medical proxy tell me that H and Alexx would have to be blind NOT to at least suspect something. I have had the feeling that H has always known...he just always seems to know everything so I wou;dn't be surprised if he did know.

I just hope that this aspect of the ep remains unchanged. Ya know that they don't rewrite it and decide to give H medical proxy.....I think it would totaly lose someting if the decision were left up to him. Giving Cal the medical proxy shows the depth of Eric's feelings for her and his trust in her.

I just really hope that b/c of the fragment shifting and subsequently being removed that Eric doesn't wake up wondering who everyone around him, especially Cal is!! Not only would amnesia piss me off to no end...it would be the biggest f*ck'n cliche of any and every cliche known to man. I mean c'mon, really? It would be such a cop out and totally retarded imo. How many times can they go around in this particular circle?

It would, even though I am a huge E/C shipper, be even worse of Cal is pregnant (as Emily wants to be) and Eric has no recollection of them being together....Now THAT would be the icing and cherry on top of a huge cliche cake imo. I personally think the writers can do better and should do better. They purposelly waited this long to get E/C together, they should definately take the time and effort to treat it right. Not run it over with a cliche train!

Side Note: Remember that spoilers are ALWAYS subject to change and they often do.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

I'm with you. I SO hope they don't go the amnesia route. It would just be unnecessary drama. And I really hope our quota of EC scenes are full of good, relationship-building stuff, not unnecessary drama. But you never know with TV shows! *sigh*

I actually wonder if H has known for a while and just hasn't said anything. This kinda occurred to me yesterday because I caught "All In" on A&E. At the end when Calleigh and Eric go home together, they drive off and the Hummer goes by the entrance as Calleigh's kidnappers are being walked out to police cars. H is up somewhere watching it happen, so I wonder if he saw them go home together. Of course he wouldn't jump to any conclusion about them being in a relationship based on that, especially after the day Calleigh had, but I'm sure he's aware of the strong bond they have and at some point he probably realized it changed into something more.

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I watched that one again last night....:thumbsup:

I am sure that Horatio knows the strong bond Eric & Calleigh have (hell even a blind person can see it). Part of me hopes that he is still surprised that they started seeing each other but c'mon this is Horatio he knows everything.

As far as Eric giving Calleigh power of attorney and allowing him to make his medical decision, I think that it does go to show just how much Eric trusts Calleigh. We all know that Calleigh trusts Eric with her life (because she has said it many, many times) but him putting this trust in her speaks volumes of just how deep his trust in her is. I think the selfish part of her will win out because she can't lose Eric, not like this. I think that Alexx knows that they are together (after SGIYCSI) how could she not. Which is why Alexx will be her strength through all of this. I would love to see Calleigh whispering to Eric that he has to come back to her and that she loves him...but I am sure I am hoping for too much. I really hope that they don't change it to where Horatio gets to make the medical decsions for Eric. There is much more significance to Calleigh making the decisions that Horatio. He already rules Miami, let Calleigh rule Eric...:lol:

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I'm almost sure Horatio knows about them. I don't know how is he doing it, but he always knows everything about everyone. Maybe he's like Superman and he hears everything.:lol:

As for Eric leaving such an important decisions to Calleigh, I'm not surprised. From what we know he wants to settle down with her, wants to start a family with this women, so it's normal she's the most important person in his life. He loves her greatly and trusts her immensley thus it's not so weird he wanted her to be the one to make a decision like this. When you're married such decisions shall take a spouse, so if he's considering her as his future wife (and I'm pretty sure he does;)) then it's only natural that he left it up to her.
    I guess Alex also knows that they are more then just friends, because after 7.14 she would have to be blind to not notice that something is going on between these two:).
    Though I suppose that she as well as H might be a bit surprised at how serious this relationship really is. Because though he loves her like crazy putting his life in her hands still is a really big decision.

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm sure Horatio was already suspicious about Eric and Calleigh being together, but knowing him he'd wanna prove it first, so maybe that's what happens next season.

I personally think that TPTB WONT make Eric wake up not knowing who he or anybody else is. That's too much problems for the show, I think after 801 airs they'd wanna cool down just a bit, you know? I think he'll be perfectly fine....what I'm waiting on is Stetler, now that will be a BIG, HUGE deal when he comes around. hehe, come on september!

6. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hey all,

i'm ecsited about the new season two, I just hope they fix it all in the first episode, and then for the rest of the season get on with life like normal... what ever that is...

and I know I'm going off topic, but I just heard two songs that are so Hipphuggers it's crazy :)

the first is "I'd Come For You" by Nickleback and "Bang Bang" by K'naan Ft Adam levine, that song is really Hiphuggery... becouse of the gun... (and I'd post the lyrics, but none of the places i went to would allow me to copy them)

ok well have a good weekend all :)

oh and I know haratio knows, becouse he's Haratio, if he doesn't know, then somthings wrong...

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Question: I'm not sure if I should post this without a spoiler box, so I did. I was on the spoilers thread and it's kinda a continuation to it, but I really didn't wanna ask the question there because there are some EC haters

Do you think there'll be an uproar if TPTB decided to let Emily play pregnant Calleigh? Would it be worse than the one that happened before the airing of Sink or Swim?

8. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Yes I do, if they make Caleigh have a bun in the oven, then yes of course, I mean I like the idea, though I'd prefer them to be married or at least near that, and have no drama around them at the time, but yeah, the'll be an uproar, but what can you do?

I don't know, I'm at the point where i could care less what tptb do, as long as they don't kill anyone off, and they don't ruin E/C, I'm good, do what you will tptb, do what you will...

9. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Oh wow, I go to the beach and come back to spoiler boxes! YAY! :D :lol:

I'm grinning so much right now at the idea of Eric leaving the important decisions to Calleigh. That's huge. Really huge. But oh man, can you imagine being Calleigh? :( The potential for angst here is just huge!! :D First, for her to have been fighting with him prior to his disappearance, and then to find out she's the one who has to sign off on medical procedures for him...she's going to be taken on quite the emotional roller coaster. :D

I can't wait to see how Emily plays this, if it does in fact play out like this. Calleigh's going to have Eric's life in her hands - there's already fic fodder there; what if she makes the wrong decision? Luckily Eric will be alright in canon, though. ;)

What scares me is what y'all are talking about - the fact that we don't know where TPTB are going with this. Calleigh being pregnant and/or Eric having amnesia seems too much like something they would do at this point. And I think that would be overkill; Eric and Calleigh are going to be drowning in drama here as it is; save the babies for when they're happy and angst-free, and save the amnesiatic Eric for fic, lol. I'm seriously hoping we don't end up going that route.

I'll be happy to see Alexx back, and I'll be super happy to see her and Horatio pressuring Calleigh about this decision she has to make. There's no way Alexx doesn't know about them, and if Horatio doesn't know by the way she reacted in the finale, then he'll know by this point. There's no way Calleigh's going to be able to detach herself enough to avoid letting on that she's in love with Eric, aww.

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I'm not sure why this question is posted in a spoiler box..., but, here goes...
    I'm not aware of the uproar that happened before 7.16 ( I'm fairly new here), but judging by the kind of comments EC received even with the tiniest interaction (remember the look exchanged between them in one of the recent episodes?) anything that happens between EC at this point will cause very strong reactions. You cannot stay indifferent to this couple: either you love them, or you hate them. Luckily, the ones who love them by far outnumber the ones who don't. I, for one, would love to see Emily's pregnancy incorporated into the EC storyline, especially if they show flashbacks of them discussing marriage and having babies.

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Great question C.H.E.A.R!

Unfortunately not everyone loves E/C as much as we do...I am still trying to figure out why...LOL

I think that it'll be hard to incorporate Calleigh's potential pregnancy only because the non E/C shippers will think that it will take over the show. I hope that the writers would do a good job with this storyline (if they decide to take it this way of course) Unfortunately they can not please everyone. They do what they think is right with the story that they are trying to tell. If/When they do decide to take this road, I am going to keep faith that they will handle it properly and not destroy it like they did on CSI: NY. I just don't see Calleigh accidentally becoming pregnant. I would love to see them discussing kids after a case that involved kids...like we have said many times, Eric can see himself settling down with her and having kids...lets at least have them discuss it first.

Oh BTW, Jessica, I am following you on twitter

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I completly don't understand some people. I know that not everyone have to like Eric and Calleigh as a couple and it's ok, they have right to do so, but some of them really overdo. I mean after all they are still just a fictitious characters, so why so much anger. It is truly unnecessary and sometimes rude towards us.:scream:

As for your question C.H.E.A.R if they really do this I'm more then sure that unfortunately there'll be huge uproar, I'd even say a pure hell. I can imagine people who don't like E/C complaining about everything in every episode. They would say it's not a soap opera and that not everything in miami should be about these two. You know if two small kisses caused so much fuss then I'm affraid Cal's pregnancy would make a serious perturbation.:(
    Though I completly don't care about other people's opinion if this whole pregnancy thing will be done in a right way. I don't want only one thing, Calleigh getting pregnant by accident. It'd stupid even for me (and I truly love E/C:)) and only make people complain more.
    I also would like to see them discussing kids, maybe trying to have one, but not immediately succeeded.

13. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Meh, it's going to happen regardless. It's nothing new in the fandom - I remember the huge uproar against JC all too clearly. ;) Before that, it was EN. It is rude and unnecessary, but it's also unavoidable, unfortunately. No matter what pairing is put together, there are always going to be people throwing fits about it. :lol: I still think it's rather tame around here compared to some of the other fandom shipwars I've seen, though.

If pregnant Calleigh does become a reality, then it may escalate to a level that's just ridiculous. I'd be terrified that TPTB would let the uproar influence the storylines to keep people watching - I'd be afraid that they'd kill the baby and subsequently rip Eric and Calleigh apart. :(

I'm with you guys - I want them to be able to discuss kids first. No accidents, no Calleigh finding out she's pregnant while Eric's in the hospital (and certainly no Calleigh knowing she's been pregnant since before Eric went missing, and then miscarrying because of all the stress she's under with regard to fighting with Eric, Eric being lost, and Eric leaving her with all the medical stuff for him - that would be way too much.). I do hope we get an EC baby one day, but I want it to be under the right circumstances - I want them happy and healthy and planning to have a baby. :D

That said, I remain pleasantly surprised at how well TPTB have written the EC relationship thusfar. I can't wait for the new season; EC are going to have a lot to deal with in the aftermath of all this. :D

14. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I am all for E/C trust me but I am not for an accidental pregnancy or a pregnancy in the season premier, not at all. Just would seem to soap opera ish....him in a coma, her pregnant and him not knowing. blah. So far the writers have done good I think with the way they have progressed the E/C romance, other than the way they closed the season so open endedly, but hopefully they will continue to keep their relationships moving forward at a realistic pace while keeping the main focus on crime solving and the team.

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Well, thanks for answering my question:)! If there is an uproar all us EC fans must stick together and stick to this thread to be safe, well at least that's what I'm gonna do...(and sneek into the EC haters thread and sniker at them complaining).

Seriously, has anyone gone over to the 'EC hater's thread'? That's what I call it, I agree with Monica 1604, that they can be rude and their behaviour is disgusting, I can think of two people, who always, I MEAN always are angry at the slightest mention of EC on ANY discussion. And it's not like we go all over the board showing off: 'Oh I love EC, blah blah blah...' but they can easily be angry and rant... we save our gushy stuff for this lovely thread, right?

All I have to say is that, Calleigh is not real and Emily is. I feel sorry for her if she doesn't get her wish this year, think of it, it's horrible that she might have to suffer another year just because the writers might not wanna got here with Calleigh. I however hope there's a way to hide her pregnancy, if they choose not to have Calleigh pregnant in season 8.

I'm ready,:cool: for the uproar.:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.