CSI: New York - Season 5 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by aconnell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Great finale!

I thought it was a great send-off for Angell too, and I liked Mac's speech. Yes, it was kind of cliched, but I imagine they always give that kind of speech in the police force/fire service/military etc - that the person was a good cop/fireman/soldier and the best way to honour them is to get on with the job, and in this particular case, catch the people responsible. It was what the cops and CSIs needed to hear, IMO. I imagine the more personal, 'memorial' style speeches came at Jess's funeral.

Finally, finally, finally it seems the writers are at last going to make Flack something more than just the good-looking cop with the snarky sense of humour. It's about damn time! Don't get me wrong, I love that aspect of Flack, but that's pretty much all we've seen these last few seasons. Finally it seems Eddie will be given some real emotional stuff to work with, yay! His performance in this episode was just brilliant, and shows he can more than cope with the more serious, emotionally heavy storylines. I also love that he shot the unarmed guy, it's about time they gave Flack some flaws/a bit of a darker side, and showed that he might be a lot more than just 'a guy who's so by the book he doesn't even swear'. I can't wait to see what happens with that next season, will Flack be truly under the spotlight of IAB as both Danny and Mac have been before? And this time, we know he did something questionable.

I loved all the little nuances of the characters that came through too, Hawkes getting to do his doctor thing is always nice to see, reminds us he's more than just a CSI. Loved Mac's speech, and how he shoved that guy in the auto shop against the car when he got pissed at him, and shot to kill to save Connor. Loved every single moment of Flack, how we really got to see some different sides to him, from the scene with Angell's father to the scene where he shoots the guy. Danny's reaction in the hospital was spot on Danny, and it was nice to see him try to be there for his friend. Loved Stella comforting Mac, and her sadness over Angell's death, and of course she would be the center of attention at the bar, the one trying to lift everyone's spirits and remember Angell in the best way possible.

Liked Dunbrook/Mac's interactions, Mac was right to suspect Dunbrook, but Dunbrook did come across as sympathetic after it was revealed he had nothing to do with it, and the final scene with Mac suggests he could actually turn out to be an interesting nemesis. His remark 'you stay safe' could suggest he's behind the shooting, but I don't know, wouldn't that be kind of obvious, if Mac, a major witness against him, ends up in a shoot-out? That could be it, of course, but also I'm thinking what if that guy Flack shot had friends and they somehow found out Flack had killed him? Or could it be something else entirely? I really don't know, nor do which one of them will be hurt/die. I'm pretty sure Mac and Stella will be okay, but not at all sure about any of the others, except maybe Flack, it would be such a waste to lose him now.

Great finale. Aggh, though, six months or so to wait to find out what happens!

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the finale. I didn't think the storyline was particularly strong, but I suppose the main emphasis was on the emotions of the team and of course the action.
    I liked Angell, so it was a shame to see her go, but I think they killed her off well.
    My Mum commented, when Danny whacked the wall that 'he always does that.' And I agree, its just his character and I think he was there to support Flack. My Mum is convinced that Flack didn't shhot the guy, but it will be interesting if he has. I hope they dont just drop it.

I thought they wrote Dunbrook quite well in this epi. He wasn't just a one dimensional character.
    I liked the end, good cliffhanger! Far too long to wait and discover what happened.
    I laughed at Mac's speech- isn't it the mounties who always get their man?!

3. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

:( now season 5 is over we have no new csi:ny till season 6.

hopefully it will be worth it!:)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I enjoyed the finale, although it wasn't quite as emotional as I was expecting. Still, it did break my heart a little to see Flack cry. :(

I can't wait to see what happens in season 6! :)