Photos #6 - Lights, Camera, 'Snap'!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nattybatty55, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

2. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Lovely pics Becci, Jay and Izod, you all look so pretty. :)

I got my hair cut for my birthday party, so here's a recent pic of me. :D

[​IMG]

4. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

aww, you're so cute and pretty :)

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

this is kinda old too, taken on millennium eve night, but it's when i was still thin ;)

me on my way to a gig

6. Zelda

Zelda Hit and Run

^^^ cute outfit!

Here be me, trying out a new makeup colour combination...

[​IMG]

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Okay, I don't think I've ever posted here before but I will show you me.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/Tsukasloth/n738705083_6352785_7495145.jpg
    This is me (The one with the sideways ponytail and the blue plaid shirt) and my fellow "witches" in our school production of "Macbeth". I really hated the makeup for that play:lol:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/Tsukasloth/2401_79488914368_540814368_2278165_.jpg
    Me at Winterlude party in February. It was a masquerade.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/Tsukasloth/n540814368_227984_7528.jpg
    Me and my sister almost two years ago lol. I don't have very recent pictures.

8. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  9. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi Here is a picture of me , when i went to london
    Picture 1

10. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

11. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

12. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Really gorgeous pics everyone. :D Here's me holding my baby cousin Calum. :adore:

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I couldn't decide whether to post the following item here or in the "Rest and Rememberance" thread. But here goes:

Kodak Will Retire Kodachrome, Its Oldest Color Film Stock
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: June 22, 2009

Sorry, Paul Simon. Kodak is taking Kodachrome away.

The Eastman Kodak Company announced Monday it would retire Kodachrome, its oldest film stock, because of declining customer demand in a digital age.

It was the world’s first commercially successful color film, immortalized in Mr. Simon’s song in 1973: “They give us those nice bright colors. They give us the greens of summers. Makes you think all the world’s a sunny day. ... So, Mama, don’t take my Kodachrome away.”

It enjoyed its heyday in the 1950s and ’60s, but in recent years sales have dropped to just a fraction of 1 percent of the company’s total sales of still-picture films.

“It really has become kind of an icon,” said Mary Jane Hellyar, the departing president of Kodak’s Film, Photofinishing and Entertainment Group.

The company, which is based in Rochester, now gets about 70 percent of its revenue from its digital business, but plans to stay in the film business “as far into the future as possible,” Ms. Hellyar said.

Kodak has seven new professional still films and several new motion picture films introduced in the last few years.

Kodachrome was favored by still and movie photographers for its rich but realistic tones, vibrant colors and durability.

It was the basis not only for countless family slide shows but also for world-renowned images, including Abraham Zapruder's 8-millimeter reel of President John F. Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963.

The widely recognized portrait of an Afghan refugee girl that appeared on the cover of National Geographic in 1985, taken by Steve McCurry, was shot on Kodachrome. At Kodak’s request, Mr. McCurry will shoot one of the last rolls of Kodachrome film and donate the images to the George Eastman House museum in Rochester, which honors the company’s founder.

Unlike any other color film, Kodachrome, introduced 74 years ago, is purely black and white when exposed. The three primary colors that mix to form the spectrum are added in three development steps rather than built into its layers. Because of the complexity, only Dwayne’s Photo, in Parsons, Kan., still processes Kodachrome film. The lab has agreed to continue through 2010, Kodak said.

14. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Aw, Dynamo, I guess a lot of people were hoping to see a pic of you here ;)

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

If I did that, you might lose your breakfast, or dinner, or whatever you ate recently. I once did post my driver's license photo a couple of years ago. Will look for that file or might re-scan it. Other than that, I think the last photo of me was in my college yearbook back in 1973. Surprised the lens didn't crack.