Procter Has Motherhood On Her Mind

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 22, 2009.

1. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I think you're right, although it's gonna be really hard not to see Calleigh in a while, I really hope that TPTB can write something for Cal for her to leave for a while, I've some suggestions :p

And, OMG, if Emily really gets pregnant, she's not yet, I think I'll be nervous, I don't know ... It has always risk given her age, you know? oh gosh :lol:

2. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I do wish Emily all the best with her motherhood possibilities but it does not need to be a part of the show. t's bad enough E/C has become the focus of the show, but E/C babies? No no no no no no no no this show can not handle E/C babies, it can barely handle E/C. I would personally stop watching the show if Calliegh got pregnant, unless it was the horse dude's baby.

It's nice and all that she asks for things for her character but this is one thing that I think TPTB should have no hesitation saying NO to. It would be a huge mistake and the show would loose a lot of fans if this were to happen. I think that if Emily wants to get pregnant and keep her character on the show that her character will have to take a back seat and possibly turn into a supporting character.

As some of you have said Frank and Natalia have been pushed off the face of the Earth and I want them back especially Natalia. Calliegh has had enough story arcs give Nat one already.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

There are higher risk factors associated with age (not that I'm an expert or anything :p), but it doesn't always lead to problems - my mother was 44 when she had my little sister, and my sister turned out just fine. :)

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Yeah I know, that it can go all fine, but it can't also ... We've to be realistic ;) But, I believe that everything is going to be fine!

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Mrs.DelkoWolfe, I'm gonna quote part of your post since I just found a very interesting point in it, also after sneaking around the threads over this forum ;). Yeah I read something really intersting in a special thread of the forum.
    Hope you don't mind ;)

I was thinking about this for a while because of the 2 articles which have been posted on this forum.
    Both of them mention how Emily suggested TPTB that they should include her pregnancy on the show.

This confused me, but, quite frankly, I didn't care at the time and, now, I feel so bad for making such a mistake. I do think that if anyone had cared about it before, we could have prevented this revolution ;)

Yeah, I rewatched the whole press conference in Monte Carlo with that doubt bugging me the whole time. You know what is the funny part of that interview? Since those articles were all about that interviw.
    She never said that she talked with TPTB about the a possible Emily's pregancy. She just mentioned that Calleigh's pregnancy could work out quite well, thanks to the relationship she's having with Eric Delko, at least that's what she hopes it will happen.

So, those two articles piss me off, really!!! She never said she talked with TPTB, it was just a speculation from her.

Yeah to me, it was quite strange that Emily could ask such a thing to TPTB. I mean it's a good thing (also in terms of promotion, even if wasnt't the best one, IMHO), but it was a little bit too weird for me that she finally made a statement like this ;)

What I mean is that two articles lead us to consider her as crazy woman who begged TPTB to get Calleigh pregnant, when she's has never done such a thing. Because Emily is too down to the hearth to be that brave, trust me ;).
    Yeah we're just making a revolution on journalists' stupidity who just wanted to build up a completely wrong story on Emily's pregnancy ;).

This kind of thigs piss me off since this stuff just showed how a person's statement can be manipulated by journalists who are just looking for a story to write down on their newspaper or blog, so that they can earn more money.
    Yeap, I really wonder how Emily is feeling since she made a very normal statement with a very normal speculation and this lead to a revolt even from her fans :scream:.
    That's what pisses me off mostly, I considered her crazye b/c of a statement she has never made and I do think I should be the first one to apologize.

If you don't believe in anything I'm saying, please look here

Having said this, I still think that Calleigh's pregnancy is the last thing I want to see on the show :lol: and I truely wish TPTB will never see her conference in Monte Carlo or that they will never read those 2 articles :rolleyes:

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, I'm not sure about it being written into the show. Hey, why not? :lol: To be honest I only watch Miami now and then so I doubt it would make any difference to my viewing or enjoyment of the show.

Anyway, for if and when it happens, wishing Emily a happy and healthy 9 months! :)

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Are you referring to this news article and the Watch With Kristin article I used as a source for it? If so, I can't say anything for the intent of Kristin over at E!Online, but I know for sure that I wasn't trying to 'make a revolution' by making false accusations about what Emily did or did not say. My goal was to write an article with the information provided on another site. :)

Nothing in this article (or the source article) should lead anybody to believe that Emily is a "crazy woman" who is "begging" for anything - I saw a poster refer to her as a "mad woman", but this was clearly intended as part of a light-hearted discussion. Whether information was misinterpreted or presented wrongly in these (or other) news articles is a separate issue, but spit happens. If nothing else, it has led to an in-depth discussion here and, I'm sure, elsewhere on the internet. All of this speculation ultimately isn't going to affect the plot of the show, and neither article made any sort of cruel accusation against Emily as a person or as an actress. :)

I can't speak for Kristin, but writing instigative news articles isn't in my job description. ;)

Thanks for the link to the original interview - I haven't watched any of the videos from the film festival. I know there were multiple videos of Hill Harper, and I think at least one other actor from the franchise was there - that's a lot of video to watch! :lol:

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I think like the big fans we are we like to speculate so I see nothing wrong in it.

I know the writers should write equal arcs for everyone but they neglected Natalia and Frank so much that at this point they are just there for me.Maybe a good storyline can change that.And there will be always be characters that would me more up front then the rest.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Don't worry, it's just that I noticed how most of us (I'm the first one who started it :lol:) made a revolution just because, reading the article (and it's not the only one with this kind of mistake), thought Emily Procter really made that request to TPTB ;)

The fact she didn't actually made that kind of statement changes things a little bit, this time. OFC, this time we were lucky since no one offended her.
    I mean this kind of "mistake" (intended or not from Kristin, IDK) could have lead into something worse. And yes I did see someone (me included) mentioning how brave it was from her to make such a request to TPTB, even if I would have enjoyed it.

I know that I'm rambling, but what I'm trying to say that it's not the only article I've seen with this kind of "mistake". The fact that there are more than one article like this, combined with people who may haven't watched the original press conference, can mislead people and I do think that we all know how this enjoyable discussion can easily turn into a bad one.

So my previous post was just intended as an apologize since I was the first one pointing out how brave it was from Emily to make a statemnt like that, even if I would have enjoyed that. But I also wanted to point out how an article like this (trust me, it's not the only one and I do think that it wasn't just a mistake, at least that's my personal idea about this stuff) can bring out bad statments and trust me we're all lucky that we're posting on this forum and we are all very respectful people ;)

Hope I clarified my previous post and the real intention of it ;)

BTW yeah I was the one who referred to her as "mad woman", but as you mentioned it was just part of a light-hearted discussion, not to mention that I voluntarily quote a Ryan's statment towards Calleigh on the show :p

You're welcome and since I just posted the first part, I think I also should post the others
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Enjoy :D

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Are we completely sure that the articles that we've read are all based on the Monte Carlo interview? I mean, couldn't she have been interviewed for at least one of the articles and that's when the "she talked to the writers" part came about? If it's all based on the Monte Carlo interview then she never did mention talking to the writers about it. But if it isn't... I just want to know how we can be sure it's all from the press conference :).

11. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Florry86

The fact that she suggested inculding her pregnancy in correlation with the whole E/C sotryline (which personally I feel has been way over done and drawn out) is what bugged me about this. Emily's character has had, in my opinion, the most story arcs then any other character. The fact that she wants even more especially with this storyline just seems a bit much for me. As I mentioned before Frank and Natalia have basically been pushed aside to accomideat this storyline and I thnk it's time it stops.

I agree the hopefully TPTB will not read the article or see the interview but if they do and in all likelyhood I think they have, they should just flat out tell her no. As I said before I think her character taking a backseat for a while would be a good way to handle it.

12. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

You know, when I first read this article, and I was the one who posted in the Emily's thread, I thought about that, that she didn't mentioned that she had/she was going to spoke/speak with the writers, but then, I thought 'Well, she didnt but I don't know if this article is ONLY based in the Monte Carlo interview' so, I really don't know if this is true or not.

This kind of things happen a lot with celebrities, don't get me wrong, but I feel like the authors of some articles post there speculations, without saying it's a speculation, and it really pisses me off, they could at least, IMO or something :lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Kristin from E has speculated before. There was something she said years ago about an actor from another show (not a CSI one) that was complete and utter speculation that she reported as fact. But, that was back when she was under the name "Wanda". So, it was a really long time ago and I honestly cannot remember what it was she said. I just remember being very peeved that she reported something speculative as fact.

Yeah, the other one was Eric Szmanda (Greg on CSI Vegas). Of course I watched his interviews. Hehe.

14. TML

TML Hit and Run

Who is Emily Procter married to in real life, if anyone? I've tried looking for this information all over the internet but have turned up empty so far.

15. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I've only heard her say she has a boyfriend, but won't say who he is.