Procter Has Motherhood On Her Mind

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 22, 2009.

1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

:lol: I never saw this thread before but what shocked me the most was that Emily Procter is 41!! :lol: I thought she was about 5-10 years younger:p anyway I hope she gets pregnant if that is what she wants I havn't seen the latest season of csi:miami yet so I don't know what Calleigh/Delko's relationship is like, but hopefully they will do a decent job of writing it in of they decide to.:)

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

That's the only part of the press conference which actually bugged me about this too ;)
    But, then again, I guess she'll always say that E/C is nice and that this couple is great. I'll never agree with her, but she totally entitled to say something like this ;). If that's ok to her, to TPTB and to viewers (it should be, since it's just her opinion), it's ok for anyone ;)

That was my thought too, but the fact they literally quoted some parts of the press conference adding some other stuff (from the conference too) made me think that the intention was to put that "she asked TPTB" as part of that conference. IDK....again, I can be completely wrong and I would be the first one to apologize in that case ;)

That was the fear I had while pondering about this "situation" because yeah that's exactly the sensation I had while reading those articles ;)

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I honestly can't see anything wrong with Emily wanting more storylines for her character but that's just me.Producers and writers are the ones that decide which character should receive more storylines or not as far as far as I know.And that depends in so many reason(popularity,schedules and all) that it would be hard for me to have the whole picture.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^
    Hopefully the producers and writers will decide not to include the pregnancy in the storyline. I'm sure some of the reasons to include or not include a storyline is also based on for the greater good of the show.Fans are not going to remain happy with the focus or spotlight on the same characters the majority of the time.Popular or not,the whole picture needs to be looked at.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  5. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I agree with you greatfan. The character of Calliegh has always been in the spotlight since season 1 and started to gain even more from season 4 to season 6 and season 7 seems to revolve around this character. Other characters such as Frank, Ryan and Natalia need to have their turn. To me this is the main reason why people are really starting to adore these chracters. Peronally I thnk if Emily wants her character to have the same amout of adoration as the others, then she needs to step out of the lime light for at least two seasons. Space makes the heart grow fonder you know.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

The problem is that if Ryan,Natalia and Frank are ignored by the writers is not Emily Procter fault.She is just an actress that was asked by a reporter about the fictional characters she plays on TV .I am not sure how Emily wants her character to have others popularity.If I am not mistaken she was mentioned in a forbes magazine as a well loved character.All of them are a great group of actors and my impression is that fans appreciate that as well IMO.

Coming back to topic ,I also don't want any pregnancy storyline written in.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I have my own opinion on that,but I'll keep it to myself.
    No one said it was Emily's fault,but the writers are surely aware that there are fans that are interested in the other characters and there needs to be some effort to please those fans too.
    I agree that all are a great group of actors,but you would never know that by the writers that see fit to ignore them.The fans appreciate them, true,perhaps appreciation can be shown to those fans by writing for all the actors.
    We do agree on that point.

8. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Her character my be well loved but so are the others. Now I'm not saying the anything is Emily's fault but if she didn't want her character to the other's popularity then why ask or suggest more storylines for her character when the other still have yet to have their chance to shine?

This is true. The characters need to grow and mature. Ryan in sublte ways has mature especially since season 3, but Natalia is still the same, and Frank has disappeared. a new season is comming up, it's time to move on.

I think most of us agree on that if not all of us!

9. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Don't get me wrong, but I don't think we've the right to speculate about how popular Emily/Cal want to be, but if her character is in the spotlight, it wasn't her choice, it wasn't her that wrote the storylines! She's in the spotlight? Awesome for her, but, although lately the other characters didn't have many storylines doesn't mean they are not loved as well.

You know, anybody said exactly 'it's Emily fault' but reading some comments, I had that feeling, and I don't think it's right to say that. It's just a matter of respect.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

See? That's what I thought it was going to happen thanks to that article or to our misinterpretation.
    I'm going to repeat this for the last time ever:
    SHE NEVER ASKED OR SUGGESTED ANY STORYLINE TO TPTP ;).
    She never did it. She once asked TPTB to find her a boyfriend (which at the time wasn't even a possible storyline) and it was over 3 years ago. She hasn't been asking for anything else for all these years, no matter what you think thaks to blogs and interviews.

She has just worked and she has just done whatever TPTB wanted her to do since she's a CSB employee. TPTB wanted her to promote the whole E/C stuff? Well she did it, what's wrong? I hated it since I don't ship them, but she just did her job and she did it in a great way.

It is just useless to blame actors about something they're not responsible for, at all.
    I know that most of you don't want to blame her and, probably, wouldn't dare to it (at least I hope so), but going on reading that she asked for a storyline pisses me off. I'm not judging you and I wouldn't dare to do it, but it's time to stop with it. Seriously.

She hasn't done anything wrong. She just did her job. I know that you prefer other characters or actors of the show, but I do think we're crossing the line in terms of respect.
    Now, can't she go on working and doing her job? Is she going to be blamed another time in case TPTB decided to get an E/C wedding? For god's sake, she's just an actress, she's hasn't written it, she hasn't begged for it, even if you'll go on believing it.

Look, I've read many many times posts (all over the web) about her begging for E/C to happen so that she could kiss Adam. At this point, I can't really wait for rumours telling that she's having a relationship with Adam....oh ops it already happened a while ago :brickwall: .
    There's a big difference between reality and a show, but I guess that it's a very complext concept for lots of people. Emily Procter is not manipulating the show, even if most of you are convienced by it.

I'm not defending her just because I'm a fan of her. I'm defending as a human being. This time it's happening to her since she's the lead actress and since TPTB wrongly go on insisting with her storylines. It's TPTB's fault and not Emily's one.
    Situations like this (whenever it happenes on a show) make me really want her out of the show so that everyone's else fans can live in peace. But, then again, I really find it ridiculous that people still blame her for TPTB's stupidity. It is just stupid they insist with her character even considering fans' wishes, but, at the same time, it is stupid that people inist blaming her just because she's a TPTB's employee.

I'm really really sorry for this rant, but I also thought it was much needed since I'm not the only one here (also outside the forum) who has the sensation that people easily tend to crucify actors even if they perfectly know that they're not responsible for anything. The only thing actors are really responsible for is the outcome of their peformances on an episode or a movie.

Having said this, I'm begging you "please, move on!!!" Let's change topic because I'm really having a hard time trying to avoid this kind of speculations ;)

Again, sorry :)

I'll be the first one to move on. I don't want anyone pregnant on this show! I agree with all of you. They have already made this mistake on CSI:NY and I don't want it to happen to anyone on Miami.

11. Trisha

Trisha Civilian

Well good luck to Emily Must be something about the age as Jorja Fox also wants a baby. they are both about the same age.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,agree with Florry and csifann.I have absolutely no issue with the talk(good or bad) about a character but when it's an actor ,it's something else.

I can understand why Emily wants to have a baby now and I wish her luck.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree with your post but I do have a small comment since I don't totally agree with one part:

I just think that stating as a fact that TPTB sent Emily basically on a promoting campaign for the EC storyline is stating more an opinion than a fact. We don't know for sure that she was told to promote the storyline specifically even though it might make sense that they did. The actors do promote the show and talk about it on interviews, but that's a different thing than saying that TPTB wanted her to promote EC specifically. It just sounds like some people say this because the only way she can be so excited for the storyline is because she has to promote it and appear happy with whatever the show does. It is my opinion that she likes the storyline so everytime she talks about it she is excited about it; but that's just my opinion not a fact. I don't want to offend anyone but I just get a little iffy when I see stuff written as fact that is just opinion. Though if there's an article or some kind of evidence that TPTB did tell her to promote the EC story specifically then I take everything back ;).

As to the thread topic I do not want the pregnancy written in and wish Emily the best and that her wish to become a mom does come true :).

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And this is the kind of posts that make me flip out, seriously :scream:. Trust me, it's not against YOU personally, but it's against a tendency which seems to be very common especially here.

My post was made just with the intention to stop any kind of speculation against Emily Procter as a person. There has been a tendency to blame her personally for most of the things people may not enjoy.
    She's an actress and she's paid for the job she's doing, even promoting or not promoting the whole E/C stuff, whcih we're not talking about at the moment and I really don't see the need for it.

I brought it up as the first example since it was the first one it came out. There are so many other examples I can bring out, but, quite frankly, I don't want to bring them out since they already caused too many troubles even to her and the other people involved.

As for my statement, OFC, it is not just TPTB who want her to promote the whole E/C stuff. She may like them and there's nothing wrong with it, but it is just useless to blame her, her and her, for the whole E/C stuff, for her being present in the majority of the storylines on the show, for not letting the others have the space they deserve. She is not to be blamed. Same thing is for Adam Rodriguez or anyone else.

OFC, she MUST NOT be blamed for the whole E/C stuff, since she wasn't the one to write Calleigh in a coma with Eric whispering the sweetest words you could ever imagine!! She didn't wirte it.
    OFC, it wasn't just an opinion of mine and, OFC, it is a fact 'cause everyone should know she's not a writer. For god's sake, does anyone want to understand that she's an ACTRESS and not a writer?. She doesn't control the show since she's not part of TPTB.

But, then again, I do feel that lots of people enjoy complaining on any kind of topic :rolleyes:.

Sorry, again, but I'm really getting tired of this tendency to complain on everything. I wasn't talking neither on Emily nor on E/C in a bad way, so, to me, there was absolutely no need to bring out this stuff saying that I was stating my opinion as a fact...because that's what it is. It is a fact: EMILY PROCTER =/= TPTB (hope that this equation is clear now ;))

Havint said this, I'm off!

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Florry it's ok, we're actually agreeing here. Like Dory from Finding Nemo would say "relaaaaaxxx" :D. I totally agree that Emily is not to be blamed for the stories TPTB have come up with. I also do not I think she has been influencing the writers to give her more storylines than the rest of the cast. She's too sweet and kind of a person for me to think of such a selfish act from her part. I just wanted to point out the whole "tptb sent her out to promote EC" part because I've read before that the only reason she talks happily about EC is because she has to promote it because she is being paid to. Some posts I've read pratically say that the only reason she says she likes EC is because she has to speak well of the show and nothing more. I just want to throw out there the possibility that she actually is sincere in liking the storyline and that maybe she talks well about it because she actually does like it. Maybe she has to promote it but maybe she also likes it. That's all I wanted to point out. If you read the first part of my post you'll see I do agree with everything else you wrote ;).