CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Im just happy that Anna and Melina are safe:)

I hope the rest are also safe as well!!

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

CSI_Cupcake, Maya316 and JellyBelly (and anyone else who might want to jump in!)...I've moved our most recent posts into a new thread which can be found here. I figured that would allow us to continue our discussion (which I'm really enjoying so much!) and allow the spoiler thread to continue on with discussion of the new character and item from Ask Ausiello. :)

3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^ You just freaked me out. I was in the middle of posting here then ended up in the 'who's more damaged thread'. :)

4. Top41

LOL, sorry! :eek: I was concerned about that happening! Hopefully it's all good now and everyone will head to the other thread. It's a really fascinating conversation (I think), but I was starting to feel guilty about diverting the spoiler thread. :eek:

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I agree - if they told her she was let go because of budget reasons they shouldn't suddenly have the cash to hire a new regular - when Angell was recurring. If they had just wanted to kill Angell off because they thought they needed to spice up the show or whatever they should have just told her so.

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I really do doubt that they told her it was 'just' budget cuts. While the budget may be the main driver, I suspect creativity played a big part. I can imagine them saying they wanted to take the show in a certain direction and that if money wasn't a problem they'd keep her around. The fact is, money is a problem and Angell was the most vulnerable character as she was the second detective on a show that's primarily about CSI's.

We've only heard from EV as to the reason she was 'let go' and I imagine that the reason she gave was largely because she wasn't in a position to give information on the creative direction the show was going in. I'd like to think that if one of the writer's/producers were asked we'd get a little more than just budget cuts.

7. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I still do not think it was right. They can get creative with what they do have. EV was only in a couple of episodes. I'm sure if they would have given her the right material, she could've done wonders with it, and add a lot to the show. Honestly, if TPTB's way of getting creative is by adding a new CSI, the show doesn't have much of a future. I kind of feel cheapened if there won't really be a specific or good enough reason for adding a new CSI. I am not at all completely opposed to the idea of this new CSI (I will hold until she is introduced at the very least). But if they're excuse is that they wanted to be clever and artistic with the show, then....well that's just upsetting. And it certainly doesn't help TPTB's "image," i guess you can say.

I really hope we do get an explanation from them--soon.

They probably did tell EV more than just budget cuts. But she probably felt it wasn't her place to talk about it in the interview. It is however, quite obvious that they didn't do their best to keep her, if they are going to add a whole new regular without offing another character. I'm all for TPTB doing their best to add spunk or whatever to the show, but the way things are looking right now, they seem sort of cruel (hope that's not too strong a word) for doing that.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  8. Free2BMe

Free2BMe Victim

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
  9. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I dunno, he specifically said that she wasn't replacing them. A lot of other shows have finished their contract negotiations by now so he could be saying that because he knows they're returning for the full season just by hearing that their contracts have been renewed.

10. Top41

Please do not post images on the board that aren't from sites you own or have an image hosting account with. It's called hotlinking and it steals bandwidth.

I think that image is just a placeholder anyway and not the final cover art. I wish for once they'd put the whole team on the cover, a la CSI or Miami.

I have a feeling no one is being replaced, that the new character is just an addition.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's what I think, too. At this point I'm just grasping at straws because I think letting EV go and then adding another regular sucks. Plus I want Lindsay gone, so I'll live in denial until either S6 starts or we get more info about what's going on and I'm proven wrong. :p

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Maybe no one is being replaced as such but one of the main cast maybe reducing their hours or stepping down to recurring status.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Interesting the DVD cover still calls it a 'new show'.

*nods at poppet* I wouldn't mind much if Anna stepped down to recurring myself.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if someone is stepping down to recurring status, the only ones that make sense is the ones with the new baby. I mean, technically Flack would make sense (needing time to grieve), but he's not a CSI so they wouldn't need a new CSI to fill in for him.

15. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Seems quite unnecessary to add a whole new regular without having another go. Hawkes, Sid and Adam barely get enough screen time; or maybe that's just my opinion. But before I would hire someone new, I'd give more material to the already there regulars. I don't see any logic in it.....wonder how it's going to work out....

I'm also extremely curious to see how the actors themselves are going to react to the news of a new character/actress. I wasn't watching NY yet when Vanessa left and Anna came in, so I do wonder what they think about this.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.