The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They're still in the folder with the rest of the brushes, but they aren't loaded when I click on the brush icon. I have to go through the whole thing of clicking on the little arrow by the brush menu (at the top of the photoshop window) and then click on load brushes and load each one individually all over again. It doesn't keep them in the brush menu/tools key.

2. H_Miami_fan

H_Miami_fan Police Officer

Could you screencap that (the brush menu)? It's way easier to determine what might be the problem that way.

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep, you helped me a lot since I knew very little about LJ and that tutorial helped me a lot with it :thumbsup:

4. GregNickRyanFan

First of all, a different issue. Does anyone know why every time I open Photoshop it does this? I let it finish updating that file and yet every time I open the program it tries to update the same stupid file.

Okay, on to the brushes issue:

The brushes don't stay in the menu (to the left) here... only the ones that came with Photoshop will stay there. yet they're still listed: here (in the big white menu/window) and they are still in the folder here.

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Every time i open my photoshop it does the same 'Updating Adobe online compnents from adobe.com' :) I think it must just be a universal thing :)

6. H_Miami_fan

H_Miami_fan Police Officer

well then there is nothing wrong at all. You don't have to load the brushes, just click on the name of the pack that you wanna use and they'll show up in the box on the left. :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

Actually, this doesn't work for me. When I try to click on a brush in the big white menu, it asks if I want to replace all my other brushes with that one. And I don't want to do that cause I want all of the brush sets in the menu on the left. And if I want that, then each time I have to reload every single brush set that I have in that folder.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  8. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Lol. That was indeed the problem, at least for me. :brickwall:

New question --> I already kind of asked this before, but I'm still contemplating whether to get Photoshop CS. On the site, it said it cost $700 -- a lot of money to a broke college student. I started using a free trial of CS4 and have officially fallen in love with it. I want to grow up and bare its beautifully colored 100x100 babies. Nonetheless, it's a free trial and it's running out fast. My dad said he was willing to get me CS4 as a Xmas and Bday present, but I don't think he realized just how much it cost. So my questions are:

a) Is it worth it?

b) What is the difference between CS4 and Photoshop Elements?

c) any other suggestions for programs/places to find CS4 for Macs, or on how to convert a PC version to a Mac?

d) In general, do you guys feel like your coloring abilities are significantly hindered by Gimp?

9. GregNickRyanFan

:scream: Now my stupid PSP Photo X2 brushes have all disappeared from the menu and I can't get them to come back up. :( :brickwall: At least I can reload the Photoshop ones, but I can't seem to be able to get my PSP ones back in the menu. They are still in the folder. It only shows one brush on the menu and the stupid program came with more than that. I may have no choice but to unistall the program and reinstall it and see if that works. Ugh.

And can anyone tell me why whenever I make something animated like from these two pics: 1 and 2, it turns out looking all grainy like this? I'm using Animation Shop 3. I've never had an issue with this before. It just started. :( [scratch]Could it be because the images were pngs rather than jpgs which I normally use?[/scratch] It turns out just as bad with jpgs. I tried it with both of the still images as gifs too and it turned out even worse. Ugh. Why can't I get a clear animation?

By the way, since resize2mail.com won't resize pngs, I had to find another site that would. iresize.com will resize pngs or jpgs. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  10. happyharper13

Is anyone else having trouble with photobucket right now? My links are definitely still working, but I can't actually access any of my albums.

11. GregNickRyanFan

^It's working for me.

==
    Question:

my psp has a feature where it counts the colors in an image. The original of a particular picture was very dark, yet it counts the colors at 20538. But when I added text and colored shapes, the counted colors dropped to 9353. And after adding the text and colored shape, I added some coloring to it and then it said the color count was 6589. How can it drop in color numbers when I'm adding more colors to it? :lol: That's so confusing. Shouldn't the color count be higher once I add more colors to it?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  12. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

That happened to me before, but after a while it return to the normal :)

13. happyharper13

Thanks! It started working again shortly afterward.

Would it be possible to start a critique thread here like the one in the Misc. board? I know we have the beginner/intermediate/advanced thread, but I would really love to be able to post stuff that isn't anonymous as well and I really like that thread, even though there haven't been as many posts.

Also, CSIFann (or anyone else who knows this), how did you get your banner to alternate? I've been trying to do that on PS CS4, but have had no luck.

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I've just sent off a PM to my lovely co-mod about a few new threads I'd like to try out. Give us a bit of time for discussion, and we'll get back to you ;)

15. GregNickRyanFan

I use Animation Shop 3 to do something like that. :)