Who would you cast? *Spoiler for season 6!*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jun 6, 2009.

1. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I LOVE Rosas Blasi, i used to be obsessed with strong medicine. Anyway, she's awesome. Some Hispanic flava would be good http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0087726/

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

AJ Buckley and Bob Joy are from Canada, and so is Emmanuelle Vaugier - so that doesn't matter much, as long as the actress is in LA to film for the show. :)

3. privatename

privatename Rookie

I don't really have any suggestions, but it seems to me a number of the actresses already mentioned run into the same problem as the current ones -- they are all about 10 years older than their character is supposed to be. (I looked at 3 of the names mentioned and SA is 36, RD is 37 and KH is 33) I like a few of the actresses mentioned and I would love to see them on the show, but they could not, in my mind, play early 20's very believably. Lindsay to me never looked mid-20's which is what she was supposed to be because Anna looks her age (mid-30's.) Believe me I don't have any problem with having people of all ages, but if they specifically want a young new CSI just out of school they should cast a younger actress. Someone who is no more than late 20's. Just my opinion of course :)

Other than that, I think a non-caucasion would be a nice way to bring some diversity to the cast. Someone with a distinctly NY background would be great as well.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  4. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I agree. I don't have anyone specific in mind for the role, but if they are really going to the trouble of shaking up the lineup and adding a twenty-something character, I think they'd be wise to look for an actress that's actually in that age-range and can fill the youthful role for a number of years. Otherwise, they could potentially find themselves facing a similar dilemma a few years down the road.

As for ethnicity, I don't have any specific preferences for this role. I think an actress of any ethnic backgroiund could work -- imo, one of the most important things is to find someone with the right personality and range, acting-wise.

5. Dannyfan2707

Dannyfan2707 Dead on Arrival

How about Rashida Jones (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0429069/) she can do funny and serious... Not sure if it was ever shown in the US but she was in a show called NY-LON and played a New Yorker...just my opinion but I think she has that 'NY look' :)

6. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i thought of another actress but the only problem is that she is brittish but she has lost her accent ( at least i think that she has) and the actress is finola hughes. (she played anna scorpio on general hospital.)

7. Dannyfan2707

Dannyfan2707 Dead on Arrival

What about Alexis Bledel? I think she would fit the age requirements, and in my head I could totally picture her working a crime scene with the team ;)

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I actually wouldn't mind Alexis Bledel. I recently saw Sin City and really liked her in that and thought she did a good job, I wouldn't mind seeing her on screen again.

9. csiwendy07

csiwendy07 Dead on Arrival

I'm with you on bringing Emmanuelle back :( if she was fired for budget cuts, then how are they affording to hire a series regular??? It doesn't make sense.

I hope it's not a blonde either, and I really hope she isn't a ditz, and atleast acts like she knows what she's doing.

10. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

^^ Lol. Same here. No ditsiness please, and this Kaye Sullivan reeks of ditsy (jessica simpson's is tuna chicken, anyone?) haha. That's what that description reminds me of for some reason. We REALLY do not need that. Her character sounds stupid enough. "Eager to Learn" and "Asks A lot of questions" That sounds quite annoying.

Anyway, I found this girl, i like her look and her acting skills are pretty good:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0345477/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  11. privatename

privatename Rookie

Since CSI:NY has started down the path of soap-operaness, why not take another trick from soap operas and bring back EV as Jessica's identical cousin that became a CSI after Jessica was shot. Because she is so bright, she was able to finish all her courses in just 4 months. Then we could have EV back. As an added bonus think of all the angst it would cause Flack --- to be so near someone who reminds him of Jessica, but not have her be Jessica.

Of course, I am just kidding. As much as I would love EV back, I don't want anything like this to happen. Nor do I want to find out the shooting and death were just a dream.

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I thought of Alexis Bledel too... :lol:

Sasha Alexander would be cool... she was great on NCIS. :)

Teal Redmann (Ellie Brass on Vegas) wouldn't be too bad of an actress choice. It'd be nice to see her in that kind of a role.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Now that NBC has (stupidly) cancelled "Life", maybe they can give Sarah Shahi a call. She's 29 (so she's in the age range), she's gorgeous, she can act...I've never seen her in anything other than "Life", but I'd like to see her take on a different sort of role. I think she could bring a certain maturity to a role like Kaye, which could otherwise end up seeming like a high school cheerleader with, like, a forensic degree!

14. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I'll second Sarah Shahi. I loved her both on "Life" and on "The L Word."

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree with you both. :) It would be nice to see Alexis on a regular tv show again, though I do love the movies she has done. IMHO it's time for some tv again.