Who would you cast? *Spoiler for season 6!*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jun 6, 2009.

1. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

perhaps they can get Elisha Cuthbert.......she is 26, so she's right in the range for the character.....and she can certainly play a CSI alright!

I guess the only problem would be will she be able to get away from 24 long enough to be do the role of a series regular on NY.....considering her character Kim Bauer will be in season 8 of 24.....hmmmm but then again.....24's 8th season is set in NYC....so....maybe she can.....hmmmm

2. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I'm gonna nominate another Canadian....Tara Spencer-Nairn, recently of "Corner Gas" fame.
    Now that the show's finished it's very respectable 6-year run, I imagine she's looking for work.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0818166/

She's played a cop (albeit in a comedy), but has a bunch of movie-of-the-week credits to her name.

I just think she's gone a great dead-pan comedic timing, but can play funny or quirky without coming across as ditzy.

Failing that, I really like Stephanie Jacobsen, recently from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1089338/

It'd be cool to see an asian actress as a regular on one of the CSI series, but maybe they'd have to rethink the character's name...Kaye Sullivan has an obvious Irish vibe to it.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Love, love, love, love her! She was awesome on House. She'd be great and would definitely be an interesting addition to the cast.

Another one I really like. I think she'd bring a nice combination of sass and seriousness to the role.

I haven't seen her in Life, but she's coming off another crime drama which says good things.

She was amazing in Battlestar Galactica's TV movie "Razor." I was blown away by her--NY would be lucky to get her! And the name of the character can always change...like the name Summer Hamilton (uck, what a terrible name) did.

I think there are a lot of great choices out there. I would love any one of the above especially.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

What about Meta Golding, who played Tina Brown, Warrick's wife on CSI: LV?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0325707/

She appeared in a recurring guest stint on Criminal Minds when AJ Cook was on Maternity Leave, and was really good, Did well on CSI, even though she was criminally underused, and did well in a one time role on House as a call girl. All three of these roles that I saw her in she was widely different. Not sure how old she is, but she does look Late 20's or Early 30's, and I think would be a good fit on the show.

Another possibility is Susan Kelechi Watson

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1635244/

She hasn't done much, but she was convincing in what I've seen her in, appears to emote well, and has some range.

Both these ladies would bring some needed diversity to the cast, would likely be good fits chemistry wise with the rest of the cast.

Honestly, I would love to see another person of color in the cast, and I would also love to see a bit more New York flavor on the show, but most of all, I'd like to see somebody who works well with everybody else, and has a good range as an actress. I'd also like it if they brought someone in on a trial basis and then if she worked out, kept her, if not, moved on to someone else.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I kind of wish they were looking for an older actress - I started watching "Firefly" the other day, and I have developed a major girlcrush on Gina Torres. This is one case where I would be totally okay with them re-working a character to fit the actress. (Plus, I believe she was cast in a pilot that CBS didn't pick up, and she's married to Laurence Fishburne, so she's familiar with the franchise - CSI:NY PEOPLE, GET ON THIS!)

*wistful sigh*

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I saw Gina Torres a month ago, and oh my god, is she gorgeous! She's got a real presence. She would be a perfect addition to CSI: NY!!

And you're watching Firefly, Fay??? :D We must talk about that at some point. I want to hear your thoughts on it! I love that show. :D

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I know Laurence has said he would like to act with his wife on CSI - it would be better if she joined NY and then they could have a crossover with CSI and everybody would be happy. :p Gah, I really wish this would happen - I don't care what it would take. :lol:

Yep, I've thought about it for a while, so I rented it from the video store the other day. I've seen the first 7 episodes (well, the first six episodes and the pilot) so far, and I'm about to go watch some more. I also got Serenity today to watch when I'm done with the series.

It's a rare occasion when I love every character on a series, but I really do. All of the actors are great, and I'm just really enjoying it so far.

And that was totally relevant because Gina Torres is awesome and I have such a crush on her that it's not even funny. :p (I'd be open to any of the other women from Firefly joining NY as well, but especially Gina. ;))

8. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I believe Anna Belknap worked with CBS before and that was a LARGE part of why she was chosen. Wouldn't they choose someone who has been with CBS again? Or at least I think that would be their preference. Maybe a show that got cancelled, etc. Like Roselyn Sanchez.I hated her in Without A Trace. She is the reason I stopped watching that show (He, yet she was the first person to pop into my brain though)

So I don't think this would be the best idea. It does sound like they are trying to go for the more unknown actors though.

Uuh, and I LOVE Gina Torres. Seen her here and there in some stuff. I know I wouldn't hate her if she played this character. I just wouldn't be able to do it. Kind of like how I can't ever not like Adam......And of course she's gorgeous:drool:

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'm fairly certain that she's already committed to NBC's 'Parks and Recreation' with Amy Poehler.

ETA: Gina Torres would be amazing! The one thing I'd wonder about with her is that I thought she and LF had a very young child, so I'd think that she might be less available to work full time. Then again, I still have it set in my head that maybe some network will give Firefly another chance, even though that seems especially unlikely right now with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin and Joss Whedon all on other shows confirmed for next season.

Since someone mentioned Stephanie Jacobsen's brief work on Battlestar Galactica, I'd say there are quite a few other BSG alums who would do quite well. One of my two favorite characters from BSG was Dee, played by Kandyse McClure, and I think that she would be a great choice. Grace Park, who played Boomer/Athena/#8 on BSG, would also be a good bet. Katee Sackhoff probably doesn't fit the physical descrip, but she is so amazing and I'd love to see her on any TV show.

To be honest, the description of Kaye sounds a lot like Ronnie Lake from CSI. Young + enthusiastic + asks a lot of (or, in Sara Sidle's opinion, too many) questions = Ronnie.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  10. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I like the idea of Gina Torres. I saw her a few years ago on Angel when she did a guest stint as a higher power. She did really well, and I really liked her presence and her voice. Also, they can do wonders with makeup and stuff. See Pauley Perette in NCIS; She's 40 or thereabouts, and she plays the role of someone 25-30 years old beautifully.

I do agree, that the description sounds a lot like Ronnie Lake from CSI: LV. I actually really liked her and wish she could have stuck around the show more as she really was a great character. I wonder if a transfer to the NY CrimeLab could be ordered up. It's happened before on spinoff shows.

Speaking of CBS/CSI franchise Alums, What about Aisha Tyler, who played Mia on CSI: LV? She worked well for the one season she guested, and I don't understand why she couldn't stay. She'd be fun, and would also bring diversity to the cast.

I'm not AS concerned about age of an actor, as they can do wonders with makeup and even digitally. I'm more concerned about getting an actress who can give the right spirit and energy to the role. IMO, the show has really taken some hits over the past year or two, and the right new blood could really revitalize the show.

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Katee Sackoff has been recently confirmed to join the cast of 24 for season 8 as a series regular..........so unless her character on 24 is killed off really early in new season.....I don't think she will be able to take on a second series regular role for a major TV show......

12. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Speaking of Battlestar Galactica, I think Grace Parks, who played Boomer, would be great. I think she played in two other series after or during BG. One of them, The Cleaner, which i've never seen. Anyway, she really is gorgeous, and brings a really intense quality to her part of Boomer.

13. telumadrid

telumadrid Civilian

What about Jurnee Smollett? She's young and talented, and I think would be a good fit.

14. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Zoe Saldana would be my dream choice but the odds of that happening are worse than slim to none. :lol:

She's hot, sexy, Latina (which would add some flavor to the rather ((with the exception of Hawkes)) white bread cast.) And she was raised in Queens until she was 10, then moved the the DR, and then moved back to NY as a teen. I saw her in Center Stage and she DEFINITELY pulls off the NY attitude superbly.

Bah, why am I getting myself so excited! It could never happen. :rolleyes:

My second choice... I dunno just someone ethnic. Like I said, with the exception of Hawkes, the show is very white bread.

15. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

How about Bianca Marie DeGroat?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1189073/

It looks like the only thing she has done is Cyberchase. She played a character named Bianca. She might be a bit young for the role. I'm guessing she's in her early 20's. She's also done commercials for McDonald's and Turbo Tax.