Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

I don't see how getting rid of a character who was only in a few eps a year would save them much money. :wtf:

Angell was a useful and dynamic character and Emanuelle is a good actress. I'm sorry, but Anna Belknap is in the opening credits, which I assume pays more than being recurring, and gets to work part time; plus she is not even holding her own as an actress, let alone excelling at her part. And Lindsay has been reduced to nothing more than a glorified lab tech and an incubator. Add to it that she and Carmine have absolutely no romantic chemistry and it's obvious they killed off the wrong character and let the wrong actress go. :scream: :(

They had better follow up and give Eddie some good material next season to at least make up for this a tiny bit.

2. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I think the world would be a better place if money didn't exist. But that just my thoughts. I adored Angell, she was my favourite character.
    It seems like every character I like dies or leaves. I liked Aiden and Angell. But...
    And I liked Warrick, Sara and Grissom from CSI: Las Vegas. (I know they don't have anything to do here (A))

At least she left the show "with style". lmao. not.
    *hides in the corner and cries my heart out.*

3. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I read Emmanuelle's interview on why she was killed off, she seems like such a sweet person. I am going to miss her

4. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

DYK she's only had 23 episode in the whole of her 3 seasoned stay! I mean combined that's only accumulates to one season! I mean not that i want ANY character killed off but honestly it does make more sense to kill of someone who you pay MORE for full on screen time rather than her.

I still think it's a lame reason to kill her character off but i kindda agree with her if they are going to ask you to leave i think i would want to die as well... it's jsut adds a little more interesting to you acting as well your character and the whole show... But then it does mean she would never be able to come back to do guest appearnces which is not really nice =(

5. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I guess the full time actors on that show have contracts and the show would have to find a way to get out of those contracts. I just wish they hadn't killed Angell. They could have transferred her to another precinct and when the money situation was better, they could brought her back. I'm so pissed at TPTB and CBS right now!:scream:

6. electra

electra Pathologist

That was low if it was to budget costs.I still see no need to kill her off still.Anyway,she was a kick ass character and I will miss her.:scream:

7. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Completely agree! Angell was a far more valuable character than Lindsay. I don't buy this D/L lovefest. Carmine and Anna have no chemistry and Lindsay is ruining Danny's charcter, i miss his old ways. I find myself growing farther away from him, not liking it.

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I must say I would feel betrayed if I were Emmanuelle. I wonder what she might think to hear about the new CSI-member for whom there is obviously enough budget left, while Em was told she had to go for budget cut reasons.
    It leaves a bad taste somehow.

9. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I KNOW!! That's just really really not correct. I don't know what TPTB are going to say about that, in her interview she said that they directly told her she was going to be let go because of budget cuts and now they add someone new?! It's pretty dumb. The only explanation is if they let a regular go.....

10. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Yeha, why the hell would they hire a new actress when they fired an old one because of budget cuts...? :scream: :scream: :scream: Unless...

My theory: A series regular is getting fired because 1) he/she feels like leaving the show or 2) Gary hasn't accepted his pay freeze [yet]. Again, the problem is budget...Christ's sake = . = Nooo...then why would they hire someone again...? Would that not waste even more money? My brain friggin' hurts...Okay, forget part of this theory...

Another theory: A series regular is getting killed off and they want to replace him/her in the same episode with a jolly new regular to "fill in the two holes (Angell and insert name)"...bad idea, TPTB...

Last theory: Melina lied about Angell [Emmanuelle Vaugier] not getting replaced...I don't think it's 'cause of this though...

Alright, I'm done my theory/ideas but I am not finished with TPTB...I'll hang them from the 35th floor if they do anything drastic...or wait...they already did!!!&(*&%^)$+)*-/N!QBKQ* Crying out loud...man! I feel pissed...:rolleyes: Going to cool myself down with a shower...(like that'll work:lol:)

~"Happy" Miyukiseta (emphasis on "Happy")

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  11. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Is there actually word that there will be an introduction into a new character? Because okay yeah people have said it but it doesn't make sense.... Maybe said new actor/ess is cheaper?

12. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

She must be a lot cheaper than Vauguier...this woulda done your freakin' mamas proud, TPTB...:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

*Sighs of exasperation and shakes head*

This newb bettter be good...or else fans will feel even more pissed and ultimately stop watching...:scream: :scream: :scream: Some Golden Age of CSI: New York...more like the Dark Ages of the show...:rolleyes:

13. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, Gary just recently said he´s still very happy with the show and has no ambitions to leave, so he will definitely not leave. And of all the other actors/actresses also no-one seemed to want to leave voluntarily, unless one of them bluffed.

Killing off a regular and replacing it with a new CSI-regular wouldn´t make sense if they wanted to cut the budget. Why not kill a regular then and keep a recurring character like Angell whose salary certainly wasn´t as high as that of a regular?

And I don´t think Melina was lying; I´m sure she and the others are as surprised and stunned by these news as we are and their fear that one of them will be killed off the show will increase. Because keeping the team AND adding a new regular would contradict the budget cut-version of TPTB.

I´m eagerly waiting for explanations, Mr. Lenkov :devil:

14. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Dear Andromeda,

I, honestly, cannot wait to kick some TPTB a$$ in September...:lol: I mean if the premier is at least okay, I won't really do anything...at least I don't think I will. :shifty: But if it's bad...TPTB, you better watch out and get some serious police protection...;) :cool: Just a friendly warning! :p

~:scream:Miyukiseta:scream:~

15. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Dear Miyukiseta, I´ll help you kicking some a...., in case the season´s premiere will suck :D. It was a good cliffhanger, though not so good that Angell had to die, but if they spoil the premiere with some dubiuos or silly outcome of the cliffhanger, then I´ll be utterly disappointed, to say the least :devil: