CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

very true and i think she suits darker hair rather than light. not judging the woman on the way she chooses to look just sayin she looks nice wit dark hair

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Sorry, just getting back in here. Real life...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hawkes? Adam? Flack? What happened to Stella wasn't remotely similar to what happened to Lindsay. I'm sure there was supposed to be some sort of womanhood solidarity going on there, but it made Lindsay look like a twit. She wasn't that close to Stella at that point--she never really has been--and it just seemed like she was making a scene for no reason.

She did--after blowing up in front of a suspect. It's TV, so there weren't any consequences, but in real life that could have blown the questioning for good. She acted like a child, and that was incredibly grating.

Stella didn't act professionally in that case either, no. I will readily admit bias here and say that even though Stella wasn't right, I thoroughly enjoyed watching her chew out the too-smug Lindsay. Lindsay has never apologized for her own lack of professionalism (which has reared its head many times, usually with Danny as the target), so I can't feel too bad about her not getting an apology from Stella. What happened to Stella was at least fresh--and relevant to the case.

I can't remember if there was another time or not. It was a great Stella moment though, and I was cheering to finally see someone calling Lindsay out on being a total brat! "Leave me alone!"--what kind of person says that to her boss??

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

For some reason the characters are younger than the actors and that doesn't always work. Gary Sinise is 54, but I don't think Mac is that old. Melina is in her early forties I think but they stated that she was younger that that in Grounds for Deception. Anna is like 37 so to make her 26 is cutting off a decade - and I don't think it really works to do that unless the actor looks young.

5. CSI Cupcake

Of course what happened to Stella was not remotely similar to what happened to Lindsay, but I still think that the violence of it hit a little too close to home for it not to affect a response from her, even if she and Stella weren't close. She and the violence were close and that is how I look at it. I'm willing to blink on that one because she did come back and fix it. Same thing with Danny during the Suicide Girls case. She bailed on talking with the mom, gave him a short explanation as to why, but by the end of the episode she worked it out and came back and did her job. With the exception of telling Stella "leave me alone" I can't remember any situations when she didn't deal with herself and come back strong.

I will admit, however, that she did deserve it when Stella came down on her (leave me alone scene). I won't deny that.

6. Top41

But if you get into that, into two situations only tied together by violence...then why is Lindsay a CSI in the first place? The CSIs deal with violence all the time, with death and gruesome crime scenes and the like.

[quite] She and the violence were close and that is how I look at it. I'm willing to blink on that one because she did come back and fix it.[/quote]

Did she? I guess she did go back to doing her job, but Danny had to talk her into it.

Right, after letting Danny do the hard part, after standing by as Danny got slapped in the face, she came back for the (relatively) nice part, to show the mother the video of her daughter. And she had the nerve to say, "It's the job" like she deserved a medal for doing what she should have done in the first place.

I don't think she exactly deals with herself--Danny is usually the one who deals with her. In both instances ("Oedipus Hex" and "All Access"), Danny had to go after her for an explanation, and in OE, take care of what she wouldn't. She's unprofessional--or she was, back when she got personal storylines of any kind. ;)

She was such a petulant child in that scene--behavior like that makes it hard to take her seriously.

7. CSI Cupcake

Did she? I guess she did go back to doing her job, but Danny had to talk her into it.

Right, after letting Danny do the hard part, after standing by as Danny got slapped in the face, she came back for the (relatively) nice part, to show the mother the video of her daughter. And she had the nerve to say, "It's the job" like she deserved a medal for doing what she should have done in the first place.

I don't think she exactly deals with herself--Danny is usually the one who deals with her. In both instances ("Oedipus Hex" and "All Access"), Danny had to go after her for an explanation, and in OE, take care of what she wouldn't. She's unprofessional--or she was, back when she got personal storylines of any kind. ;)

She was such a petulant child in that scene--behavior like that makes it hard to take her seriously.[/QUOTE]

This is just personal opinion: she seems to be able to hold most of it at a distance, which allows her to do the job of CSI without being affected by a lot of it. However, in three cases, Oedipus Hex, Stealing Home and All Access it seemed to get past her guard and become almost a personal thing. Most of the time the cases relate to strangers but she knew/worked with Stella and Sarah was from Montana so she couldn't distance herself from them.

I don't find anything wrong with Danny having to help her out a bit in All Access. She is human, afterall. I've had to sit with someone and talk them into or out of reactions before and didn't think less of them because of it. It's all part of being a team.

As for Oedipus Hex, there was no way to know that the woman was going to haul off and slap Danny. Would it have been nice to see Lindsay apologize for herself afterwards? Sure. I don't know why they didn't put that in the script. There was also no way to know that she wouldn't do the same thing to Lindsay when she went in the second time, depending on what might set her off again. I actually was expecting it. Personally, I would have been more tempted to bail the second time, knowing what a swing the woman had, but she didn't. She took her turn, and while the slap stung, having her stay with the mom while she cried may have been just as hard. I translated her comment about "it's the job" as more of an admission of her figuring out that she couldn't hide from it, not something she should get a medal for.

But it's easy to debate old episodes now because my interpretations are colored by newer information that made me rethink behaviors and attitudes that initially made me go HUH and understand what made Lindsay say and do certain things.

8. Top41

Random aside--these quote things are annoying. :lol: I messed one up above, too!

I guess if it was just once, it would be one thing. Stella messed up in "Open and Shut." Danny was a brat in "The Dove Commission." But with Lindsay, it happened over and over again--if she wasn't shirking/messing up her job like in "All Access," "Oedipus Hex" and "Silent Night," she was bitching about not getting to the cool stuff, like in "Manhattan Manhunt."

Again, once...sure. But it wasn't just once. And her manipulation of Danny in "Oedipus Hex"--a guy who had two episodes ago had declared his feelings for her--always sat wrong with me.

I'll admit, I never thought of it that way and my dislike for the way she initially reacted to Danny giving her that job may have colored my perceptions of her later actions. I still think she owed him an apology, but you're right--we don't usually see that in the scripts.

Definitely true, and I haven't seen some of these episodes since they first aired. I wish I had more time to go back and re-watch some of them.

9. CSI Cupcake

Those quote things: yeah, you had me going for a bit. Everything was backwards or something!

You really are in the background all the time aren't you...even when your little "on-line" indicator says you're not. Pretty sneaky!

This has been fun. Thanks for taking the time. However real life calls and I need to go.

10. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Yes, I don’t really think they’ll kill one of the regulars – at least not right away, but it’s possible they will use season six to introduce the new character (and see how she does) while somehow phasing out one of the regulars. In Lindsay’s case the stay at home solution is an option, but off the top of my head, I can’t really think of a show that’s done something like that. Characters who are married/engaged/involved do occasionally leave shows but seems like there’s usually a break-up, separation, divorce, or death involved so that the show and characters can move on.

As an individual, I think there are still some interesting things they can do with Danny, especially if they go back to some of the storylines that were introduced in earlier seasons – his family and the Tanglewood connections, promotion and progression issues, his impulsiveness, etc.

With Lindsay, however, I think they’ve written themselves into a bit of a box. From a personal standpoint, she’s had a dark secret storyline, rocky courtship, marriage, and baby all in a relatively short period. While I think they can still get some mileage out of the new mom juggling work and family scenario, I’ve got to wonder how long that will last and what they can do next. Professionally, I can’t see her out in the field chasing down suspects and wielding a gun (especially as a new mom); nor does she seem to have the presence and interpersonal skills to be an effective interrogator or victims’ advocate. And in the lab, I can’t see much difference between the work that she does and that of Hawkes and Adam.

So what role can Lindsay actually play in this team, especially among the women? Stella is the maternal goddess type….She’s experienced, tough, and attractive, can hold her own with the guys, and even gets to be the nurturer when needed. And if the new CSI is anything close to her description, she will be smart, spunky, curious and attractive. (Maybe she’ll even be able to team up with Stella occasionally to create that girl power dynamic.) I’m not sure how well Lindsay will fit into this picture.

I think Stella and Lindsay have had some decent scenes together but don't seem especially close. I wonder if MK and AB struggle a bit with their scenes because they’re not exactly sure what the relationship between them is supposed to be – close friends, big sis/little sis, mentor, etc.

Going just off of this first description, though, I wonder if the new CSI would have much in common with Lindsay. Of course, a lot depends on the actress and how the character is actually protrayed.

11. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

First of all, WHERE in the world have I been these past few days that I have not seen this info???

------------------------------------------
    [KAYE SULLIVAN] A new CSI, attractive, funny, extremely sexy, late 20s to early 30s female. Takes risks. Just two years out of graduate school with a degree in forensic science. Eager to learn. Asks a lot of questions. This is her dream job and has an unwavering and apparent desire to learn as much as possible. Her textbook knowledge eliminates any impression that she's just a rookie...SERIES REGULAR
    -------------------------------------------

*wants to puke*

All i've got to say is we better be getting another death or serious injury that prevents one of the CSI's from either working full time or ever again. The past spoilers have said the cliffhanger is going to be "life-changing" or whatever.
    Well, it better :censored: be. Because if someone else doesn't go and they just add someone else, after they laid-off Emmanuelle, to say I will be PISSED OFF is not even the half of it. No logic at ALL. Do they think we are stupid?!

It says series regular for sure, and if this is the real deal then :confused::wtf::rolleyes::angryrazz::brickwall::scream::mad::censored: (all the WTF? faces I could find)

TPTB have some splainin' to do!!!

Oh and this: "attractive, funny, extremely sexy, late 20s to early 30s female. Takes risks." Um, that was pretty much.....oh yeah, ANGELL!!!

*sigh* all we can do is wait for more info.

However, if someone is going out for the cliffhanger (which would be the only logical reason of adding someone new) then my vote is for Lindsay to go. Sorry for the Montana fans but JMO. She can go be a full time mom and Danny can update us every once in a while or she can make a couple of appearances

12. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

maybe in S6, they're goin back to two cases each episode thats why they're adding up a new cast..

13. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

I'd go after the creator if he gets rid of the main characters (Mac, Stel, Danny, Linds etc. etc)
    I really hope they don't do the same thing they did with CSI: LV... getting rid of Grissom, ok was good story line but if they got rid of Mac or Stel (or Danny or Linds etc.etc.) I would be maaaaaad!

14. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

I saw one of the promo video of the finale(I can't find it on youtube right now). In that video actors said they don't know who's going to die, and I didn't think that someone is Angell then. I do think someone died in the last scene(except for Flack. the new cast is a CSI, not a detective).

15. electra

electra Pathologist

The show definely needs a young sexy female role.My biggest problem with Lindsay is that she bores me.I can't love to hate her like I did with Sara or plain like her like Catherine or Calleigh.So if the plan is either to kill or reduce Lindsay screentime and bring someone exciting,this sounds good.That said,Why not make Angell a regular instead of killing her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.