CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I still don't understand how someone's opinion of a FICTIONAL character can be so emotionally damaging to people. Lindsay's not real and neither is the DL "romance." :rolleyes: Getting butthurt on her behalf really makes no sense to me, especially since you know who the people who don't like her are and have the choice to ignore what they say. :rolleyes:

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I hardly think it would benefit the show to have Danny moping around for most of the season. Although wait, he might take compassionate leave and not be on screen for a while...yep, that could definitely be an improvement (sorry Danny fans, but a lot of the time I find him boring and whiny)

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That's a good point. I happen to like mopey, emotional Danny, but I can see how that would be a drag on the show. Unlike Flack, who really is the suck it up and deal with it type, Danny will definitely be a wreck. I gotta admit, I enjoy Danny when he's in an emotional crisis, but I can see how that would be annoying for some. He really is pretty whiny. :lol:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Remember that rumor about Danny getting hurt and being in a coma? Maybe there's actually some truth to that and this is why they need a new CSI (to fill in for Danny) and then once Danny comes back to work, they decide to keep the new girl... If they do go the "danny hurt/comatose" storyline, I hope that if he's hurt badly enough, that they play it more realistically than when Eric (on Miami) was shot in the head and back to work the very next episode.

Well, I agree with you on this. Stella and Lindsay to me seem more like niece and aunt who only see each other on holidays. :lol: They haven't really bonded at all.

I really hope no one else gets killed off this soon. It would be overkill big time and especially if it was another female character after Angell's death. I do think there is a possibility that after the close call in the bar, Lindsay could decide to be a stay at home mom, at least for the first few years of Lucy's life. And if that happens, they'll probably put Lindsay on recurring status and have her only appear when storyline deems necessary or something. And she'll only appear as Danny's wife and the mother of his child... kind of like how Hotch's wife appeared sporadically on Criminal Minds.

As for who they could get to play the new character, I can't think of anyone in their 20s. :lol: The only ones I can come up with are in their 30s (or late 20s). :lol: I guess the actress wouldn't necessarily have to be in her 20s if she looks that young, the character could still be that young. :)

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I think that maybe killing Lindsay off at this point could be detrimental to the show. Viewers have just been introduced to the happy family storyline. It was rushed and completely out of left field with the baby and the writers need to allow the fans to get invested (those of the fans that actually enjoy the storyline) and let D/L/L become more cohesive before bringing in some tragedy such as a parent dying. They have given a lot of airtime to D/L in S5, which I know has left some fans with dry heaves, and have promised scheduling issues and new parent drama and a few surprises thrown in for fun. So they need to let them have some of that before yanking our chains again. Of course that all goes up in smoke if Anna wants less screen time and more time with her children.

I don't know if I could stand Danny if Lindsay died right now. If Danny died, Lindsay would compartmentalize the whole thing and shut down, but if Lindsay died I think Danny would be a slobbering blubbering pile of emotions and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. And I'm not sure it would play well off of Flack's stoic self-contained grief in the face of losing Jess. Too drastic a difference in the confines of one show for one season.

Now for other responses:

1. Lindsay Hair and Makeup - Top41, you said it. The haircut was unfortunate and they need to change makeup and wardrobe for this actress. If I were her I'd pull a sit-down strike until they fixed it. Unfortunately, post pregnancy hair is hard to deal with because the prenatal vitamins give your hair a lot of volume and body. When you get off the vitamins sometimes the hair reacts drastically. A lot of women with new babies end up getting it cut short fairly soon after birth. Also because it's just easier to deal with.

2. Bringing in a new character will be good, now that I've had a chance to digest the possibility. This cast has been together since season 2. Adding a new person to the mix will, hopefully, bring fresh life to the show. I like the cast, but I think I've gotten too comfortable with them and it's becoming predictable.

3. Rude vs. harsh. Harsh is a better word to use and I'm glad you used it yourself, Top41. I've had to get used to your honesty in your assessment of Lindsay and had to get past taking it personally. You definitely speak your mind, and I think that encourages others to speak theirs as well. Sometimes I think you just love a good debate!

You said that Lindsay started to grate on your nerves during "All Access". I, on the other hand, started to feel sorry for her. She had three tough cases right close together involving violence against teenagers and women, and quite frankly, that should be hard for anyone to cope with, let alone someone not used to the pace and drama of NYC. What I saw was Lindsay having to cope with all that plus the past that she left behind and not handling it well. Things started piling up and she freaked. Was that portrayed well by either the writers or the actress? It could have been done better by both, I think. At that point we didn't know what her past was so it came across more clearly to me in the DVDs after I saw season 3 than on TV first runs.

Okay, I'm done. Well, maybe not. I would like to see someone that Lindsay had a good dynamic with. She and Stella have never seemed right together. Stella sometimes comes across as rather superior and smug with her interactions with Lindsay and I think Lindsay could benefit from having a female friend at work. It would flesh out her character without having it involve Danny.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  6. Top41

I agree that it would definitely be rushed if they killed her off at this point. If the whole thing hadn't been so rushed this season, that might be jarring, but they've gone from barely speaking--and from last season, him sleeping with someone else--to her getting pregnant, them getting married and her having the baby. That's a lot in the course of a season for a couple that wasn't really together the season before, and has always been rocky.

That being said, I think this is one of the strongest arguments for not killing Lindsay off...at least, not yet. ;)

Another good reason, but I do think that Danny has been somewhat muted this past season. Let's face it: Danny is at his most interesting when he's suffering. Danny's most compelling storylines are Tanglewood/RSRD, Trapped, Snow Day and the Ruben arc in season four. None of those really involve Lindsay, and I think he's a less interesting character in this happy little family.

The haircut was a big mistake. She looked like she aged a decade between seasons three and four. Not sure if it was her call or the show's stylist, but it was a big mistake. They should let her grow it back and bring back the waves.

The show could definitely use some fresh blood, that's for sure!

I absolutely do love a good debate! That's why I'm here. Sure, looking at pretty pictures of Danny and Flack is fun, but I'd rather get into a honest-to-goodness discussion of an episode, a character or a plot twist any day of the week. I enjoy debating quite a lot, and just because I do it passionately doesn't mean I don't respect the person on the other side of the fence, or that I'm discounting their opinion.

I saw it as Lindsay making what happened to Stella about her. In the same way Danny's dumb wall punch in "Pay Up" frustrated me, Lindsay's reaction bothered me. What happened to Stella wasn't an excuse for Lindsay to act unprofessionally and storm out of an interrogation. She was being a drama queen, and I found that incredibly unsympathetic.

What I like about Stella is that she doesn't put up with Lindsay's BS. She's tried to be nice to her, but she's also someone who will call Lindsay on her bad behavior, like she did in "Silent Night." Lindsay strikes me as a hard person to befriend, so I would like to see the new girl be someone who is outgoing and gets along with everyone, even Lindsay. Lindsay could definitely use more moments to make her more sympathetic, so if the new character could bring that out, that would definitely be a plus.

7. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

he can be but id still like that better than danny dying and anna having to do some emotional scenes:rolleyes::lol:

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I know they are having budget cuts at the moment but couldn't they get her some hair extensions? they don't cost that much! She could do with a new wardrobe aswell, she went from fresh and youthful to middleaged mumsy overnight.

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I have to agree with those who said killing Lindsay off is a horrible idea, I think that the Danny/Lindsay storyline needs to be left alone for a little while - not have any real drama yet.

Also, Danny had a hard enough time coping when the boy who lived across the hall from he died - if his wife and the mother of his child suffered the same fate he would probably fall apart.

As far as Anna's hair goes a lot of women once they have a baby cut their hair so it's easier to deal with and also babies will grab hair.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That doesn't mean it was a good choice for the character. I agree the hair, makeup and wardrobe choices for the character have aged her significantly - especially if we were supposed to believe she was only 24 in S3 - and done absolutely nothing good for her.

11. Top41

^The show is definitely missing that sexy young female role. I think Lindsay was supposed to fill that, but Anna is not the sexy type, even when her hair was cut more attractively. I wouldn't even argue that Stella is--Stella has a certain elegant sex appeal to her, but it's different than what I think they're trying to go for with this new character. The show doesn't really have a female character like Catherine or Calleigh, that exudes both sex appeal and intelligence at the same time.

Danny's kind of the de-facto babe of the show, or at least he was before he got rid of the glasses and married Lindsay. That's taken a lot of the sexual oomph out of the character. Flack kind of stepped into that role, and has done so rather nicely, but he's a detective and not a CSI, and isn't on screen enough.

12. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

y would we believe she was 24 in season 3?

13. Top41

^Some bad math with the episode where her friends were killed. Lindsay was either 14 or 18 when that happened, putting her at 24 or 28 in the show's third season.

14. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

ohyh of course
    i was thinkin of that. but i mean get real anna may look quite young but i wouldnt even put her at 34 let alone 24 :lol: and that haricut didnt really help matters :guffaw:

15. Top41

The season four haircut was what really aged the character. In seasons two and three, I would have put her at 28-30. But in season four she looked 40. Season five helped a little, but she still looks like she's in her late 30s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.