Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Re: Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Welcome Cath.S and lila to the forum and the german thread. *waves* :)
    Two more students. Really cool. :D

On the CBS stuff. I have the TVU player installed (mostly to watch some soccer games that are only showed on pay-tv and the player has CBS in his list. It's even working. But I'm not sure if it's possible to watch it the whole day. I wanted to check for CSI once but I missed it. Being awake at 3in the morning isn't really great if you have the first course at 9 the next day. ^^

Right now there's 'Houses for $300'. *lol* Have to wait until the afternoon to check for some real shows/series.

You can also try to get an IP from the USA so you can watch on CBS online but I don't know how to do that. It's too complicated for me.

2. lila

lila Victim

I tried the TVU player thing once, but I didn't find CBS in the list. there were only channels from china and russia and FOX news....but I'm going to try again!
    Getting an IP from the USA really sounds complicated. I have no clue how these things work, I would probably end up with no IP at all :). but it would be great to be able to watch CSI on CBS. It's annoying to wait until the episodes are aired on german TV and it's kind of expensive to buy all the DVD's to watch it in English.

Did you see Obama Cath S.?

3. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I just typed CBS into the search thing and it's been there.

Right now I only have seasons 2, 3 and 4 as original. All the other season are downloaded from the internet. But whenever I see another season quite cheap and I can afford it I buy another part. Otherwise it's too expensive. Especially as every season is split in two parts. Really hate that.

4. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

:lol: No not really! He was "invisible". :lol:

They made three security zones around the Kempinski Hotel Taschenbergpalais where he spent the night, Dresdner Zwinger, Frauenkirche, Schloss, Historisches Grünes Gewölbe... and you could enter these zones only with a special permission and than only accompanied by a policeman. So you had no real chance to "see" him.
    But at the Altmarkt there was something like a "Welcome-Festival" with public viewing. ;) We could see the press conference of Obama and Merckel and also their visit in the Frauenkirche on a big screen.

Well after that I think he is very sympathic. He has made a good impression to me even if I couldn't talk to him in person. :lol:

btw
    A few years ago Wladimir Putin was in Dresden together with Angela Merckel to visit the Historische Grüne Gewölbe. There were not such high security arrangements. You could stay before the "Gewölbe" and see both when they came out of the buildung and got in their cars. :shifty:

5. Dany

Dany Victim

Recently joined the forum after months of reading....Hier ist noch ein Sachse *wink*

From Leipzig, West Saxony ;)

Nice to see some more Germans here =)

Well, dont know what to write...wanna know something? Ask me ;)

(Dany is short for Daniela, so I'm female ;) )

6. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Hi Dany! Welcome to the board! I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

You're also from Sachsen... that's great! So I send you some greetings from our capital Dresden! :)

7. Dany

Dany Victim

Thanks for the nice Welcome - waving back to DD!

I'm still looking around here, so much to discover....:eek:

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Hey Dany :) I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here :thumbsup:

I'm from Saxony too... I study in Meißen and come from Reichenbach, near Görlitz, which means east Saxony :lol:

Well, we're pretty many Saxons here, that's cool :D

My name is Stefanie, but you can call me Stef if you like... they all do here :)

Have a great time ;)