Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. lila

lila Victim

Re: Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Semesterferien aren't until August, but over Pfingsten there is something called Exkursionswoche at my university. It's to make field trips to historical sites for example and the university partly pays for it. I know some people who are going to New York this year to "study".
    Anyway, it's one week without classes and I am going to make an excursion to the nearest parc to lie in the sun:lol:

2. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well you're lucky to have Semesterferien... I don't have that because I attend a Fachhochschule... so right after study I'll be working... that's pretty hard...

But at least I hope for you all that you have a great summer and can enjoy your holidays with the best sunny weather :D

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

It looks as if I will have more free time on my hands than I want to as I can't seem to find a job :( I will finish my Ausbildung soon but still haven't found a job. If anyone knows someone who needs a Fremdsprachenkorrespondentin bzw. Fremdsprachenassistentin for English and Spanish in the area of the Ruhrgebiet, please let me know ;)

4. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Wow another Sachse here. I'm normally from Neustadt. Maybe you know it because of the Monte Mare the only attraction we have there :lol:

Are you studying on that Verwaltungsfachhochschule? It's the only one I know there. :(

Actually I have exams at university but I have to cancel some of them because of disease so I have to do it in fall :(
    So I have a kind of involuntary holidays... :lol:

5. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Ohhhh yes I'm from that Verwaltungsfachhochschule there... I also don't know another thing to study there :lol:

And I also know Monte Mare :) I was there a few times :D

I hope you have good luck with your exams even it's hard for you now. I'll have mine at the end of June and at the beginning of July... let's see if I can get my lazy butt moving to learn for it in time :lol:

6. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

While reading your post and also reading my post again I began to laugh because I wrote "another sachse". If you pronounce "another sachse" with sächsisch slang it sounds like "e nasser sachse". :lol: Sorry. I'm studying german and the differences between the german dialects are very interesting for me and even sächsisch will become a theme for my exam... ;)

Well I read somewhere above you are normally from a town near Görlitz. I was there a few years ago. It's a nice "city". I was there with my father because he has studied there and so he showed me the houses of all 21 bars he has visited when he was a student and of course the street where they've rolled a beerfass... haha... and now I should take him seriously yet... :lol:

7. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well I was born in Bautzen :) But since 1999 we live in Reichenbach near Görlitz... well Görlitz is a nice "city" but Bautzen is cooler I think ;) But of course they're both just small cities...

So you study German... wow... Do you know what you want to do when you finished it???

8. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

I think you're right. Bautzen is cooler but Dresden is am coolsten (damned grammar :lol:). ... In Bautzen I caused to make my tattoo but I think that studio exists no longer. And a few years ago I was in Bautzen to a open air concert. Maybe you know Plain Steel? But actually I'm not often in Bautzen only when my mum coerces me to shop with her in the KornmarktCenter. :rolleyes: I hate to shop with my mum. She is so stressful then... just mothers. :lol:

Actually there is a plan after my studies but I don't want to do it and I can't say it loud because it's one of the worst and most dangerous jobs you can do in these times. :lol:

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Ohhhh yes the KornmarktCenter :lol: I like it there to but I never go with my mom shopping... we would both end up death I guess :guffaw:

Bautzen is a nice city and I would right move back there if I would get a job there :)

Dangerous job??? Well I hope you know what you do :lol:

10. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Nope. I don't know what I do. :lol: My father always says: "Cath, for this job you need a gun-and-close-combat-training." :lol: Crazy father, I'm sowas von unathletic that I should hire a pack of bodyguards. :lol:

11. lila

lila Victim

I didn't expect an episode of CSI:NY tonight because of whitsun (is that the right word for Pfingsten?) and then there were even two episodes from season 1 I didn't know on Vox. Great! It was funny because some of the actors looked so different back then.

12. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Wow!!! Barrack Obama will be in Dresden this evening!!! :rolleyes:

It's not that I don't like him, I really do like him but the huge efforts they make is really just to roll the eyes...

I mean he's in Dresden and this night 200 policemans slept in our students hostel because Saxony owns it... and they parked their cars in our parking lots... the ones we pay for :shifty:

Not to mention Dresden itself... I bet you'll have much fun today Cath.S :lol: Do you need o leave your flat or something???

13. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

He will be in Dresden? I haven't heard anything about that yet...strange! Usually you know stuff like that ages before it happens :p

I have a short question...is it possble to watch American TV channels here in Germany? I want to watch shows like CSI for example without the German voices because they really annoy me. I know that with Unity Media, etc you can watch like AXN, FOX and TCM with the option to watch it in English. But do you know whether it is possible to receive for example CBS? A friend told me it would be impossible to watch them because of the Erdkrümmung and stuff, so you can't receive the signals...I have no idea if that is true.

14. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

:lol: Oh no I have not to leave my flat and at the moment it is all quiet. But we have high security arrangements. I live on the brink of the grey security zone that's the outmost zone of the three security zones. But I live so that I can move freely without permission. But I can not go inside so I can not see him. :(
    There are many policemen from different Bundesländern. And yesterday american helicopter pilots have practiced the whole day the flight from the airport in the town center. So the atmosphere is light tense and it will be rise until the evening. :shifty:
    We'll try to see him tomorrow but I'm pretty sure there will be no chance to see him. But after all I could say "Hey Obama was in my town and he has spent the night in a hotel which is ca. 300 meters away from my apartment." :lol:

Well I'll make a report tomorrow afternoon about this great event. ;)

15. lila

lila Victim

It was the same when he was in Baden-Baden because of the NATO summit a few month ago....I don't live there but about 40km away...the police slept in the hostel across the street from my student residence and they parked their cars all over the place, even on the campus of my university:lol:

Sorry, I have no idea! I'd like to know this too! It would be great to watch CSI directliy on CBS. It is possible to watch episodes of CSI online on the CBS page when you live in the US but if you try it from Europe the site tells you that your server is located in the wrong place or something like that.