The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I'd love for them to become canon in the very last episode. That way no one can mess with their Love and we all would be happy!

I can just see it. The whole team goes for breakfast one last time, Nick and Greg sit next to each other and Greg leans his head on Nick's shoulder because he's so exhausted. Cath would smile and say "Nicky, why don't you take him home?" And Nick would smile, wrap his arm around Greg's shoulder and tell him "Come on, babe, let's go home."

Another way I could imagine for them to become canon is an episode that centers wholly (I think that's a word) around Nick or Greg (I know, never going to happen). And at the end of the episode, Nick or Greg would open their home door and the other would ask him "Hard day" Nick/Greg would just smile and say "Not anymore".

Sometimes I have no idea where this sappiness is coming from. That's why I love the Love so much. It makes me so happy that I forget my usual sarcastic/cynic self and let out my inner-romantic :lol:

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

And next great ideas how to make Love canon! All are great and I have problems with voting for a particular one:lol: It would be great make them canon in last ep like you all said - no chances for damiging this great relationship. Now in my head are all your ideas:lol: Hmmm... I like the mentioning that it can happen thanks to Cath or Riley. I'd rather Cath she knows them a way much longer and saw many hints of their relationship. Maybe her comment won't be that sarcastic, for a change she can give some sweet romantic advice, 'cause why not? Riley is smart so well, she saw our boys' connection. She can tell them sothing sarcastic:lol: No matter which idea, I'd love to see in future Love becoming canon:D

3. CSI-Fan3

CSI-Fan3 Victim

Wow, a lot of posting has been done since I last posted. I've got to read up a bit...

My 3 The-Love songs are (in no particular order):

Thank You Stars - Katie Melua
    Lovely song that reminds me of Nick and Greg. A bit of the lyrics:
    Some call it faith, some call it love.
    Some call it guidance from above.
    You are the reason we found ours,
    So thank you stars.

White Flag - Dido
    I think this is really the 'theme song' for the love. I know there have been made several fanvids with this song, and it just fits.

Nature's Law - Embrace
    It's a song that I think fits with when Nick and Greg aren't together yet, when they're thinking not to act on their feelings because the other won't feel that way. A bit of the lyrics:
    You should never fight your feelings
    When your very bones believe them
    You should never fight your feelings
    You have to follow nature's law

That's a great idea! Maybe it could be a bit like that scene in the diner from For Gedda, but then with Nick and Greg sitting next to each other. Maybe an idea for a fic? And I agree, they should become canon in the last episode, then their relationship is still a bit up to everyone's imagination, but it's still out of there and proven.

4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I'm with you on that one!! When I think about the Love a big smile takes over my face.

Here's 3 Signs you Know you think about the Love too much (if that's possible:rolleyes:)

1. Your boss asks you why you're laughing. You can't exactly explain it's because he just asked you to send a document to a guy whose last name is 'Love' and whose company has the word 'Ship' in it. True story I swear! :lol:

2. You're working out at the gym and covertly watching the wrestling class to see if you can't get some inspiration for Love fics. (Said workout goes by in a flash when your mind is wandering and dreaming up scenarios!)

3. You can't wait to get home so you can post about the above!!

Anyone else?

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hm, 3 Signs you Know you think about the Love too much?

Let me think ... Hm, yes, sometimes out of nowhere I think about a line I've read in MsMaggs Where You Are. It's right at the beginning when Greg moves in with Nick and Nick's female neighbour calls Greg a "geeky gay guy" :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: I must have laughed for at least five minutes and it's still hilarious.

I can't wait to check the Fort for any new posts as soon as I have finished breakfast.

Well, and that really happened, I was standing in front of my class and was explaining something or a pupil was writing something on the board (can't really remember) and then out of nowhere I had to think about the Love and had to grin.

It's the little thinks that make me happy ... ;)

6. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

3 Signs you Know you think about the Love too much

Every time you hear the words "Leggo my Eggo" You laugh and sigh "Ahh The Love" And the people in the room have no idea what your talking about!

When you doodle in school you doodle words like..."24/7" and The love"

All during your 8th grade graduation your thinking..."I wonder if Nick and Greg met in high school" or "I hope their doing some fun stuff at home!"...I mean I don't do that but its what I've herd....:shifty:

7. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Wow, I have a lot of posts to catch up.

Great comments, everyone! :thumbsup: I'd also like that they made The Love canon in the last episode of the last season; this way, they couldn't mess it up and as all_falls_down has already said: "They start together, they end together".
    Nick and Greg had their first scene together in "Pilot"; it was Nick (not Grissom, Catherine or Warrick) who introduced Greg to the audience and, in that very first scene they talked about....anal swabs :devil: You already could see the sparks flying everywhere...

[​IMG]

Good catch! :thumbsup:

Awwww....flirting Nicky......I guess we know what kind of tune Nick wants to hear from his Greggo ;)

8. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

3 More signs you know you think about the Love too much.

1. You print your favourite Love fics and bind them to look like ordinary reports so you can read them at your desk. (I read a lot of reports...uh huh...yup.)

2. You keep your notepad well hidden because when you ARE reading legitimate reports, you're taking notes. That is....writing Love fics.

3. You find yourself grinning at the oddest times because a thought about the Love crosses your mind. Even at innappropriate times like at meetings and during conversations with your boss. Or while you're walking down the street. No wonder strangers stare at me :lol:

Oooh I can just imagine....vividly ;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  9. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

That happens to me way too much! When I talk to the principal or a teacher I tend to day dream and I think about The Love. Then I start to smile and giggle. Everyone in my class thinks I'm laughing at something that happened yesterday...I would though lol.

10. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

I really hope they become canon in the very last episode, and I love all your ideas haha :)

I can only think of two songs that remind me of The Love for now:

- Kissing by Bliss. This is just such a wonderful and sweet song. It reminds me of someone lying on a beautiful beach at midnight with their loved one beside him, probably because I had this on repeat while I was reading 'A Certain Sunset' and it just fitted perfectly.

- Gorecki by Lamb. I think this absolutely beautiful song is about finally finding that perfect person to share your life with, and I believe they both found the one they've waited for. :adore:

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

One song that really reminds me of 'The Love' is: Can't fight this feeling by REO Speedwagon. It just says so much about what I think their relationship was/is like. They have been friends, Nick falls in love but tries to fight how he feels about Greg until he can't fight it any more and gives in. Read the lyics here

12. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

Ah yes, very lovely ways of the love going canon in the last episode. Something subtle yet gratifying<3

Oh and I love the episode "Turn Turn Turn" where it's Nick's birthday.

RIGHT after Nick blows out the candles to his cake, he turns to look at Greg (who also turns to focus on Nick) and they lock gazes. So it's obvious what Nick wished for as he blew out the candles, isn't it? :x

[​IMG]

More caps Part 1, Part 2

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

OK Thanks for the caps (and the descriptions) that scene you showed in your caps from TTT, I never thought about it before but everyone else gave Nick his gifts in the breakroom but Greg didn't. We know this because up in the attic he said he was keeping the gift card. So All falls down has given me a new light on this scene. Because as she stated, Greg planned to give the giftcard to Nick later. That says a lot about their relationship, doesn't it?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Hi guys. Is anyone else experiancing problems with WMTDB. I cannot view the Recently Added page, it keeps popping up as a search page. Who do I notify about this *scratches head*.

I really hope I havent missed an important Nick/Greg fic updates. I am a serious "The Love" addict. I need my N/G add fix. Sop if WMTDB is down, where can I find N/G fics?

15. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

LoneWolfe, What Makes The Desert Beautiful is working fine for me.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks a lot for those great screencaps, all_falls_down :thumbsup:

I think that you and Wojo hit the nail in the head; the exchange of looks at Nick's birthday plus the scene where Greg tells Nick that he's keeping the gift card, the fact that Greg didn't give Nick his gift as everyone else....put all those things together ;) I think it's the writers' subtle way to tell us that there's something going on between Nick and Greg, that they have a relationship that goes beyond of being co-workers....*points to her signature* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.