Grade 'Pay Up'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 14, 2009.

?

How would you grade Pay Up?

1. A+

61 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. A

40 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Bunchie

Bunchie Dead on Arrival

thought the epi was good..had some very intersting and intriguing scenes..the cliffhanger however has not left me in any suspense..

2. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

Danny wasnt the one that shot the guy in the head that was flack

3. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

You guys we are over looking the obvious... it didnt show anyone get shot last night they all hit the floor to duck....what if "Someone's life hangs in the balance while awaiting the start if season 6" means that Flack's life as a cop hangs in the balance.... he did shoot the guy in the head after the guy was taken doan and could have been cuffed. All Don could see was that this was the guy that took his love away. SOmeone mentioned that Danny should get in trouble for shooting someone..... he didnt shoot at anyone unless he was fired at first. SO he isnt due for any trouble. Thats all I got guys tell me what you think....does anyone know when S6 starts

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's a very real possibility. It would also "forever change the lineup" if Flack was disciplined for his actions. But I really hope he gets off in a legal sense. I'd really like to see him struggle with the knowledge that he took a life out of revenge. I think once his grief and pain aren't so raw he will regret what he did and seeing the emotional aftermath of what he did would be so much more interesting than an investigation or action of discipline, IMO.

I still think it would be pretty damn easy to prove that he executed the guy, though, so maybe he will suffer some consequences other than the emotional ones.

5. Nerazzurri_89

Nerazzurri_89 Victim

:( Just about describes the whole ep for me. An A but not an A+, no episode with Angell dying can ever get an A+ from me.

It was a great ep, one of the best ever imo but still not worth killing Angell for, for me anyway. I will miss her character and F/A so much.
    I was not prepared for Flack to be on the phone to her as it happened that was awful. RIP Jess.
    Definately got to me emotionally, the only plus side of that was i really enjoyed seing all the team bonding moments. Got a real close-knit vibe all the way through.
    Eddie Cahill was absolutely brilliant, can't wait to see more of the fallout for Flack in season 6....especially from when he shot the guy :wtf: when it went silent for a sec i thought the moment had passed and he didn't do it but maybe not....definately the most interesting character moment of the season. I hope it's not dropped.

Flack/Sid was touching and the Mac/Stella hug cheered me up at the end. Seemed like an almost kiss moment to my delusional eyes, but that would have seemed out of place.

The cliffhanger....meh, i thought the car slowly driving by was creepy but i just don't believe anybody else has died. If nothing else it would be far too depressing.

That does seem like something they would do. Just playing with the words and leading us on as usual :rolleyes: :lol: And i suppose it would be true-his life-girlfriend gone and then could lose his job too would be in the 'balance' poor poor Flack. I just can't see anyone even being seriously injured or in hospital after Jess already died, it would be a bit overkill. But you never know i guess.

6. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Here's something of interest that was included in the show.

When Sid came into the hospital morgue and talked with Flack he tried to give words of comfort and then said "How weak and fruitless must be any word of mine:. Well, knowing how Sid likes to qoute things, I googled the phrase and found that it comes from a letter attributed to Abraham Lincoln that he penned during the civil war to a mother who had reportedly lost multiple sons in battle.

The full quote is : I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the republic they died to save.

I thought that was pretty cool!

7. weepingangel

weepingangel Victim

I enjoyed the performances in this episode a great deal, particularly Eddie Cahill. I would also like to note that Sid's line to Flack, "How weak and fruitless must be any word of mine," is an Abraham Lincoln quote in a letter to a widow who had just lost all her sons on the field of battle. That really highlights our dear coroner's literacy, and fits in quite nicely with his character, beyond being simple poetic.

8. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

i thought it was friggin amazing!!! I love how they stayed with one person, Eddie did an amazing job. It was nice to see a different side of Flack. I'm really nervous for whats going to happen next season, who's going to get shot, and if Flack will be punished. I hope they at least address the Flack shot him (or maybe he didn't) cuz if he did Danny totally saw.. i odnt know god i dont think i can wait that long!

9. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I guess everybody knew Angell and Flack were dating, including Angell's father. His line "She always had a smile on her face, but in the past few months it was different..." suggests papa Angell was assuring Flack that Jess really loved him. ;) Or so wants to think my shipper heart.

But people knew about them. It stopped being a secret back when their bosses found out a few ep's ago.

I don't believe theiy're gonna make Flack go through legal problems because of shooting the guy, since he was a cop killer, I think the police will pretend nothing happened. BUT maybe we'll be able to see Flack struggling with his feelings about it.

I'm not sure if Emanuelle wanted out of the show indeed, or if it's TPTB's fault that she's gonne. But one thing is for sure: neither Emanuelle Vaugier nor TPTB have any idea of how much Angell was liked and popular, and she will be thoroughly missed. (unlike other Montana characters... :rolleyes: who apparently they seem to think people like)

10. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Thats an interesting thought since as far as we saw no one was hurt in the shooting - which is not to say definately no one was hurt just we didn't see any evidence that anyone had been shot. Which doesn't really make it a cliffhanger does it?

Pretty cool! I always think Sid is one of the most interesting and complex characters, he is understated and I like that.

11. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

When I read the info on the episode, i was a little freaked to see that one of the characters was going to die and i immediatly thought of Adam. I am so glad it wasn't him but I will miss Jessica Angell.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think they know how popular the character was. I also think it's unfair to generalize that Lindsay isn't liked while Angell was. Yeah, there are some very vocal people, me included, who dislike Lindsay; but there are also very vocal people who really like and connect with the character. The same holds true for Jess. Not everyone liked her. I am curious to know if Angell was killed off because Emmanuelle wanted to move on or TPTB decided to off her to give Eddie and the rest of the cast some good emotional material. No particular reason, I just want to know.

*spoiler alert for anyone who is catching up on "Torchwood" episodes*

I'll compare this episode to the S2 finale of "Torchwood." Two of the six main characters were killed off. It was TPTB's decision and people were angry about it. But the reason they made the decision was because these people, like the cops and CSI's in NY, have dangerous jobs and it's unrealistic to think everyone will always come out of things unscathed. It's a wakeup call to the audience that these people are human and can get hurt and die. It also keeps the audience invested in the characters and stories because they are reminded that anything, including death, can and will happen. I know I wouldn't have been as invested in the finale if it had been some random cop that was killed and the other characters wouldn't have been as invested in the case either.

13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

OMG!!! I knew I recognized that from somewhere! Its the same letter that the Admiral read in Saving Private Ryan, to convince the military it was worth it to rescue the last surviving Ryan brother!!

I'm just making all kinds of SPR references today :rolleyes:

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A

Great finale and fantastic performance by Eddie Cahill. We've never see Flack that raw before, that gutted. I thought Eddie took what he was given and ran with it, and I thought every reaction was completely in character.

Little nitpick perhaps, but I hated Danny's reaction in the hospital. He's supposed to be there for Flack--not punching walls. We've seen Danny react to death/dire circumstances for someone he cares about before--Aiden, Louie, Ruben; he always tears up and shuts down. It would have been nice to see him take in the news and then put a hand on Flack's shoulder. Manhugs are nice, too, but I don't think Flack does manhugs--at least not when he's the one hurting.

I like that Dunbrook returned and that it had nothing to do with that damn flash drive. :lol: The storyline worked for me here, perhaps because it wasn't needlessly complicated. It was believable and credible and moved at a fast pace.

Probably the best finale after "Snow Day," which is still my fav.

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I think Flack gives manhugs but doesn't like to receive................that sounds so wrong

Thats a point what happend with the flash drive? Maybe this new shooting is connected to the damn thing.