Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I thought it was funny and cute. To me Danny was being Danny. He has a tendency to take himself a little too seriously. Also, he has the ability to deadpan when actually he's messing around (at least that's how I see it). I very much took his possessive behaviour as coming from a serious baseline because we all know Danny is going to be very protective as a father, but that even Danny was joking around to a certain extent. It was supposed to be funny and it was! :) I didn't see anything wrong with Carmine's performance :confused:, it seemed as solid as it always is.

The baby carrier scene was unecessary and a little stupid though, as was the fact the baby was there while both parents were working.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If they named her after Louie wouldn't her name be Louise? :wtf: And I don't recall anything on or off the show that said why they chose Lucy.

I also don't think the audience is going to "forget" that a baby exists over the summer hiatus. I realize they're going to show the kid, but to tote her around the lab while they're working and have Danny get upset because some random guy is making his daughter laugh is just stupid and unrealistic. It was supposed to be cute and funny, but it just made me think Danny had gone completely mental.

3. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Carmine amuses me with his acting skills. He's definately good, but sometimes it's like he has a big sign round his neck stating "I don't like these lines". :)

4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

IMO, Danny (and Lindsay) did fine portraying newlyweds and new parents. They seemed happy with each other and with the baby. As for bringing the baby to the lab, most new parents bring the baby in to see everyone at some point. I'm not sure Lindsay meant to stay as long as she did, but I have been in situations where the mother got drawn into whatever business was at hand and the baby was fine, which is what happened here. The baby was fine. No harm was done. I don't really expect it to happen often, but I do expect the writers to give us one of each obligatory scene of new parents. Once they are done, things will probably go back to normal. If anything is talked about it will probably be by Danny.

Danny did look a little odd with the pink baby pack on, especially when Lucy had a carrier that was already being used. His reaction to Blake was a little over the top, but considering that this is Danny I can see how it would play as real for him. He's going to make a big deal of everything.

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

The difference being these people work in a lab not an office, its a totally different way of working. Bring the baby to the break room can kind of be glossed over, since they seem to be unable to show anyone outside of work. However whilst Lindsay is on maternity cover she is not covered by the lab insurance policy so should not be in the lab doing any kind of work and the baby is definately not covered so should be no where near the lab at all, not even mentioning the chemicals that coud harm the baby.

6. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Word.

7. CSI Cupcake

Poppet, I don't have a copy of the NYPD Family Leave policy or their insurance coverage for employees and family members at hand so I will leave that reading to you. However, Lindsay said that Mac was paying her to work part time so she was cleared to be back at work for at least a certain number of hours a week. She was the one that asked all the questions about lab safety back when she first found out that she was pregnant and Lucy appears to have turned out just fine.

I can't see either her or Danny unnecessarily exposing Lucy to harmful chemicals and certainly there are areas of the lab that are less toxic than others. All we can really assume is that they used good common sense and let it go as part of the show.

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I don't need to read their policy or insurance documents I work in a chemistry lab and have done for many years so I know the rules of a lab - and they are all the same. Lindsay should never have been in the lab when she was pregnant and the baby shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the lab - there is no way you would be able to tell that Lindsay working in the lab had no effect on Lucy just yet. However, I seriously doubt they would show the child with any development problems.

The point is TPTB always go on about how realistic they try to make the show and whilst there are some aspects of the show where they have to bend the truth for the sake of drama there are other areas where they could make it realistic and I feel the pregenacy storyline was one of them. There was no need for them to have the baby in the lab, it played no part in the case. It would have been easy to show Lindsay in the breakroom showing off Lucy and then going to drop her off at daycare if she is back from maternity. I find it very frustrating when they go against what would be realistic for no real reason.

9. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Of course people take the newborn into the office to meet the staff. We've all done it. But as Poppet pointed out, this isn't an office where the most harmful exposure would be to inkjet toner. It's a lab, and they were plainly toting poor Lucy around as they were working! Big no-no. Worse: Lindsay left the poor kid alone in her carrier on top of a desk. Um, unacceptable again.

Anyway, back to Danny/Carmine... I was very glad to see him react so strongly to Angell's death and be by Flack's side as a friend. It was a very moving scene and such a strong reaction from him.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think it was stupid to tote her around while doing work, but I saw nothing wrong with the break room scene. Lucy was surrounded by adults who both Danny and Lindsay know and presumably trust and they were in a room across the hall in an office that has glass windows. Lucy was never out of their sight or left alone. I don't see anything irresponsible about that part of it.

11. CSI Cupcake

^^What she said! Very good points PA. I hadn't gotten back in here until now or I would have made that one myself.

And it was actually Danny that was toting her around while doing work. But enough debate on this. It's not the thread for it unless you want to take issue with Danny for what happened.

Has anyone checked on Danny to see how many knuckles he bruised punching that wall at the hospital? That had to hurt!

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  13. Sonne

Sonne Victim

The second picture is Carmine with his mum
    and the next picture is Carmine with Vanessa Marcil,
    his former grilfriend.
    Is nice to see they all still friends.

14. CSI Cupcake

Poppet! I don't know how you find all these things but thanks so much for bringing them here. It's nice to see Carmine all dressed up in a suit with a pretty lady on his arm. That applies to both his mom and Vanessa.

15. Sonne

Sonne Victim

That´s right, He look great in this dress and he look very happy.
    Let us hope that he will find the true love, like Danny ;)
    or maybe he and Vanessa are together again !?

Last edited: May 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.