Grade "Grounds for Deception"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2009.

?

How would you grade Grounds for Deception?

1. A+

28 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. A

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. B

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. B-

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. C+

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. C

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  11. D

10 vote(s)
    9.7%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

10 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I really hope Danny didn't have his daughter "help" him lift fingerprints - I get bringing her in for a visit, that happens a lot after the baby is born - the mother brings the baby in to work to meet everyone (which appeared to be going on in the other room) but when both parents are working... really not a great idea. Although, I've got to be honest, I don't think it bothered me as much as it seems to bother some of y'all.

As for the actual case it wasn't bad - I was glad to see the storyline wrap up and whatnot but I think Stella should have handed over the artifacts, not buried them. I'm not sure if Prof. P was her father or not, but I would have thought that in the lab Danny or Hawkes would have found a familial match to Stella - it's possible he just knew her mother. It should have been clear. I hated how the Greek Police just went right along with them, they should have been running the case and then Stella steals a glove? They should have just offered their incites and perhaps the shootout in the peach tree orchard would have had the local police involved.

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Tciddaisc, we hear you too! :lol:

Okay, I loved the episode, but only 'cause I'm a major SMACked fan.

I agree that the baby in the lab was totally stupid. But I'm pretty sure Melina didn't write that in. The other writers probably did.

I also agree that the lab wouldn't "fall apart" without Lindsay. I mean, they were a lab before she was around and Aiden was far less annoying than Lindsay.

I really think Angell should've been in this episode but oh well. At least they mentioned her.

I can see where you'd get the Melina writing fan fiction thing. In all reality, this would be the perfect one but yeah...talking as a SMACked fan here.

I loved the makeshift lab on the street. Totally neat idea. I know on CSI:Miami, Calleigh did some makeshift covering up of a body when she was kidnapped but yeah...cool idea.

Oh and the ground reading? Awesome!

So I loved it, but because I'm a SMACked fan. If I was unbiased in anyway, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much.

Axel

3. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I don't mind her being brought in for visits. I though the first scene with her in the breakroom was totally cute.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The laptop was set up near the TV, so I did the Fay thing this time around.

--Overly dramatic opening is overly dramatic. :wtf:

--Um, Stella? Last time I checked Mac was still your boss. Oh, not any more evidently. I don’t see Mac taking this well.

--Is Hawkes working solo? I suppose Danny and Lindsay both got the same time off to be with the spawnling.:rolleyes:

--Mac is not happy with you Stella.

--Stella is a liar who lies!! :shifty:

--Sid!

--“That’s what I call him.” Gag. :rolleyes:

--Aww, Danny is jealous of some Blake dude fawning over his daughter. Gag. :rolleyes:

--“I’m the only man in her life.” Gag. :rolleyes:

--Don’t these two have daycare? Or is it bring your daughter to work day? I thought the kid had to be school age to participate in that? :wtf:

--Angell is out of town. Of course why would Angell be around for the wrap up of the story line of which she was a big part. :wtf:

--I don’t think Flack is overly pleased with you, Stella.

--Flack “cares for” Jess. Great time to have him say that. :rolleyes:

--Suspicious professor is suspicious. :shifty:

--Figure it out Stella. The professor is the one person who knows the bad dudes and knows you were investigating the bad dudes. :wtf:

--"The lab would fall apart without me." STFU, you self-important twit. :scream:

--She’s not supposed to be in the lab, but she’s getting paid overtime? Once again Lindsay gets all the special treatment. :rolleyes: :scream:

--Seriously, why the hell is the kid in the lab and why the hell is Mac perfectly fine with it? :wtf:

--Oh, so now the professor got her out of foster care? I thought the family sent her back after the incident with her foster sister. :scream:

--Stella, you saw the dude with a passport and a suitcase. Melina wrote this script so why the hell is Stella so stupid? :confused:

--Of course finding out what the painting said would be that easy. :rolleyes:

--Of course finding the DNA would be that easy. :rolleyes:

--Wow. Stella made it to Greece pretty damn fast

--Stella speaks Greek so why would she ask the dude to speak English? :wtf:

--Wow. There’s quite the age gap between those brothers.

--At least Stella is wearing sensible clothing to go running around Greece looking for the professor. :rolleyes:

--Wow. Mac made it to Greece pretty damn fast

--See. I knew Mac wasn’t that mad at Stella. Why would he be?? :wtf: :rolleyes:

--Mac is taking clothing tips from H.

--The lost tomb of Alexander the Great. Really?? :wtf: :wtf:

--You think it might be her mother, Mac?? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

--Yeah. Fortune telling proves that it wasn’t the professor. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

--If the door was ajar wouldn’t you be able to hear them struggle from the hallway? :confused:

--Of course Mac wouldn’t want the Greek authorities to handle it when he can. :scream:

--Is this little test the chemistry we were told would happen between Stella and Mac? :p

--Melina really needs to stick to her day job. This episode is really bad. :shifty:

--Why do I get the feeling the professor is Stella’s father?

--Oh, the death bed almost confession.

--Wow. The brother got from NY to Greece pretty damn fast.

--And of course the Greek authorities would be thanking Mac and Stella for going rogue. :rolleyes:

--Yeah, Mac. Just give her back her badge like nothing happened because you understand why it was so personal for her. :wtf: :rolleyes: :scream:

And the one hour fanfiction comes to an end in the most cheesy way possible.

F

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  5. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Okay....so twenty minutes in to the episode, I was already sick of the DL stuff. I figured they would bring in the baby, maybe for a couple scenes when Lindsay brought her into the lab, but to have her chilling in the lab like its a daycare center was just too much. Its interesting that she was named Lucy...it seems like once again they are playing more to Danny's side of the pregnancy rather than Lindsay. But yeah. Not a good start to the episode.

Overall I wasn't too interested in the plot. The whole Greek storyline thing was never really all that compelling for me, and it was even more annoying that Angell wasn't in it, even though she'd played a big part beforehand. The whole storyline was kind of confusing-was the Professor Stella's father?? :confused: His death scene was cheesy and kind of over done...fine and talking one second, then *snap* he's dead. Alrighty then....

And Stella in a sundress. Really? If she knows she is going into Greece to possibly track down a killer and at least a known theif, why would she dress like that? Maybe i'm nitpicking, but I just don't think it make sense. I also thought it was kind of ridiculous that (again) Stella is getting beat up by a guy (Professors brother) while wearing a tiny little dress, and eventually get saved by the man. *sigh*

I did like the Mac/Stella moment at the end, but I thought the whole part when Stella was reading Mac's leaves was the heaviest flirting I've seen between them in forever...and it kinda seemed out of character, or at least out of place with that scene.

C. Really not very impressive.

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Ah yes, Professor Trelawny. I think she made all of two accurate predictions in her life, one to Dumbledore about Harry/Voldermort and one to Harry about how Voldermort was going to rise. Other than that she was quite bad at her craft.

7. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I liked where this story was going. I like the potential it showed. I just found that this didnt seem to follow the "normal" episodes...it wasn't very CSI-ish. Which was good, but when it's a CSI show... maybe not? I would have liked a little more CSI type investigation and lab work (although, the impromtu stuff in Greece, with the water Stella's earring was cool).
    Having Lucy in the lab was ridiculous, I agree. I thought Danny being all protective of her was cute though. ...though, he did bring her into a LAB full of CHEMICALS and God knows what other dangerous stuff... doesnt make sense...ANYWAY. That little story line had it's moments.

...looks real good. As if I didnt already think so... I too, hope it doesny disappoint. I'm mad that this weeks episode didnt have a lil' bit of Angell in it. The Greece story line involved her, she finally had a story line and I liked her in it, and they cant even have her do SOMETHING! Flack mentioning that he cared about her, wasnt good enough for me. She's about to die, supposedly, and that's all we get? Not even a little something for the ...road? For the goodbye? I hope we get some good Angell before she peaces out tomorrow. I know she'll only have less than 10 minutes apparently, but still. I'll miss her, but the could have done a better job at making me REALLY miss her, ya know? Either way, it's going to be sad. :(

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright...as a SMACKED fan...I loved tonight's episode.

~Stella and Mac in Greece...well that just made me all kinds of happy.
    ~I was hoping that Jess was going to be in tonight's episode, it makes my heart happy to hear that Flack cares about her....still going to be so sad tomorrow
    ~The baby was cute...Danny being overprotective...adorable
    ~No Lindsay, the lab will not fall apart without you...it'll fall apart without Danny... :lol:
    ~How did Flack & Danny lose Stella? :confused:
    ~I was upset when I realized that the professor had something to do with it
    ~Stella crying makes me sad
    ~Mac & Stella at the end....adorable, but hey I am a sucker for those two...

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Ah! I didn't say anything! I swear! *hides* :)lol:)

:)wtf: TalkCSI just crashed for, like, ten minutes. I got the FireFox TanScreenOfDeath, but only for this page...)

Okay, this episode would've gotten a B-/C+ if I hadn't said that the scene between Flack and Stella had saved it. I'm still annoyed as heck that Angell wasn't in this episode. Even if she had had a five second "Whoa, Kolovos is dead" scene, it would've been better. I might have even given it a B+. Maybe.

I knew the Professor was involved the second Stella said that Kolovos needed to have connections in the government, and that the Professor had connections. That was not subtle at all.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought Melina penned this one by herself? Or did I just make that up now? :p

:guffaw:That is the funniest thing I've read all day. I'd actually like to see that scene on the show. :guffaw:

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

^If Melina penned that D/L BS with the baby, I'll have to write her a letter about annoying plot points...

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

OMG!!! Is this the friggen crap we all have to look forward to in Season 6??? Somebody needs to get a nanny.

It's bad enough they just had to add Anna's pregnancy to the show and totally screw up what would have been a great season 5. I'm assuming it was mostly so they could say (which they have non-stop) that it's the first CSI baby. So what? People pop out babies all the damn time. But now...they're bringing her ??? I can't believe they brought the damn kid to work with them. Not just to show Lucy, (Thank God it wasn't Montana or Aiden.) off while they're off work with her but they're actually BOTH back to work? WTF is wrong with this picture?? :wtf: Who would bring a newborn to the lab while they worked?? But then again, Lindsay kept working with all those damn chemicals while she was pregnant so I guess she doesn't care if the kid's around them either.

Yeah, killing Angell off and keeping this crap makes much more sense. :rolleyes:

Ok..I missed the first ten minutes the first time around and apparently I didn't miss a thing worth watching. The DL stuff was nauseating. I do not need to hear the word 'fertility' from Lindsay or care to know anything about their sex life.

WTF is up with Danny? His kid is a newborn and he's already jealous of some random lab tech who we'll never see again and who was obviously added in just to piss Danny off. Well, if you're so worried about your kid, don't leave her in the break room with a bunch of strangers. :scream:

As for the rest of the episode. Big yawnfest. Melina, you're a wonderful actress but as a writer for the show you suck. I still haven't figured out if the professor is Stella's father or not. And why did Stella get rid of all of those artifacts (bury them)?

So, Mac is allowed to play cop no matter where he goes? It's a bit ridiculous and I hope they don't expect us to believe those tests Mac and Stella did would ever hold up in court. I'm sure her earring was perfectly clean. Yep.

Long story short....that was a pretty boring episode. Danny and Don both looked great and there was one Danny and Don scene but that in no way made up for the crapiness of the rest.

I rate this episode a D.

As for the finale tomorrow - It looks to be awesome. I hope it lives up to the promos. And I'll go ahead and say it right here just to get it down in writing. I think the CSI who's life will be hanging in the balance will be Danny. I think he's the one who gets shot in the diner at the end of the show. Poor Flack....loses his girlfriend and possibly his best friend. Of course, I doubt they'd let Danny die.

ETA: WTF is this about Stella being 34?? They're getting ridiculous with these ages. We're supposed to believe she's 34, Mac's 45, and Lindsay is somewhere around 26 or 28?? The only ages I find believable is Danny at 34 and Flack at 35.

13. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I graded this episode a C. I was just very bored as the episode was way too tedious. I love Stella, and Melina conveyed her acting skills amazingly. However, the plot just dragged on. I am a Mac/Stella shipper but that still did nothing to please me. I wish I saw more of the other cast. They did a great job with the landscape though.

14. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I believe it was "fertility" actually.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

:p My hands betray my brain tonight.