House #3: Everybody Lies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Sep 26, 2008.

?

New thread title?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2008.
  1. House #3: Humorous Outrageous Unkind Sarcastic Ego...but we love him.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. House #3: A lowly infectious diseases guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. House #3: They Call Me "The Cane"

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. House #3: No more mister Nice Guy

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. House #3: Finally lupus

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. House #3: Read less, more tv

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. House #3: There's no "I" in "team"

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. House #3: Patients always lie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. House #3: Everybody Lies

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Hey everyone!

I know a lot of people loved Amber but I felt really happy for House when she finally disappeared because he was putting himself in harm's way. I am a great huddy shipper so I loved the final scene! :)

I love Wilson, he is such a great friend and wasn't extremely perturbed when he found out House was hallucinating Amber. I just love House and Wilson's relationship.

I know this was weird, but isn't it a bit unrealistic it only took a day for House to detox? Haha! No complaints though (because of him and cuddy).

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yay Amber is gone! That was annoying! There's no way he's going to stay off the vicodin!

3. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Amber!House singing with that evil look on her face was really creepy. At first I thought it was strange House didn't flee from that bar, because I would have done that for sure! But maybe House was too freaked out and froze up (as a rabbit caught in the headlights) or he just knew that doing so wouldn't make her go away.

Maybe the thought of Amber will keep him off of the vicodin? :shifty:

4. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

The Amber!House singing moment was beyond skin-crawling. *shudders* No more of that!

And I hate to be a party pooper, but... I can't accept that Amber!House is gone already. She's got to be coming back. That vicodin detox was too easy. Well, it wasn't easy for House, of course, but I mean it was too easy a solution.

After all, I've read several spoilers which say...

...that House is gonna end up in a mental institution next season, at least for the first episode. Then again, this could be way off base, but it'd be veeeeeery interesting!

5. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Yes, the House production obtained use of this really nice, old, run-down mental institue. Sounds like the perfect place for our favorite detoxed, hallucinating, subconsciously-colleage-killing (did they ever really explain that?) doctor!

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Wow. That was...freaky. It was such a normal episode and then the last ten minutes were like BAM!

I knew something was up when House was twirling the supposed lipstick and Thirteen gave him this WTF look. I knew that there was going to be some big revalation at the end.

But this is more than I expected. I can't believe that the Huddy sex never happened! Poor House really is a nutter. That end scene with House committing himself was so sad. House is clearly really scared.

I wonder what next season will bring. Assumedly we will see House dealing with life in the loony bin. One question, though. Was his hallucination caused by the vicodin? If so, why not go to a rehab center? I think they were trying to imply that it was not the drugs but rather House having physcological issues that caused his hallucinations. Very scary.

A for the episode. It would have gotten an A+ but this is the second finale where the whole half-the-episode-was-in-House's-mind thing has been used, so I had to deduct points for recycling storylines.

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I'm new to this thread, be gentle.....

I found the finale very interesting, even with only seeing this season sporadically.

I knew something was going on in this episode, I just couldn't tell what. The whole twirling the lipstick, the way Cuddy was looking at him any time she was in the room with him, etc told me something strange was going on.

I knew he was having issues with psychosis, just because of the way he was seeing Amber.....I didn't expect the twist at the end.

I hope they don't just sweep this under the rug like other things. I hope that House gets to spend some quality time with himself (and Wilson) and resolve some of these issues. I don't think they will, because from what I've seen of the show, they do tend to be good at continuity.

8. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

All in all, I enjoyed the episode. I thought the case was pretty interesting, and I liked when Thirteen said something along the lines of "I guess we're all two people then." She does have a point.

As for the House/Cuddy sex being in his head, that was a good thing, in my opinion, since I don't ship House & Cuddy. My joy, however, was shortlived, because I ship House & Cameron, and Cameron married Chase. Phooey!

My favorite part had to be when House announced to everyone that he "slept with Cuddy." Him banging his cane on the railing, I just about fell over laughing. How House of him to do that! :)

Personally, I really really love the whole Amber being House's thoughts story. I think Anne Dudek does a wonderful job bringing the character to life, and also she plays off of Hugh Laurie extremely well. (Get that girl her own show!)

I smiled a bit when we saw Kutner - I miss him so much.

I do, however, agree with another poster who mentioned recycling storylines. I know it was a bit different, because in the season 2 finale, the whole episode was in House's head, but it was still basically the same premise.

Grade: B- (would've been a B+ but they just had to get married. I thought TPTB said they weren't getting married...)

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

By the end I wasn't quite sure what was in his head and what was not, to be honest. We'll see what they do next season with it all.

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yea, it was quite irritating. I hate when they do that kind of stuff. I wasn't happy with the finale at all besides the wedding.

11. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I need to stop crying at TV shows. House is brilliant, effective, and one of the worst people in the world, but all through his "epiphany" I was so choked up. The only thing he has is his mind, and apparently that's gone too, and now... he has nothing left. I actually felt bad for him.

It was an interesting finale. I was kind of surprised that the Huddy sex ended up being "all in his head", but... it kind of makes sense since he's CRAZY.

He actually wanted to be in a relationship with Cuddy, though. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

12. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

God, that was confusing. I can't really speculate any further than that because I don't know if the ground I'd be stepping on would be earth or water. Does that make sense to anyone?
    Also, does anybody have an actual idea of what was real and what was not? Was the patient even real? I'm so lost at this point.

13. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Yeah, about the patient... did they sum up the case?? I don't recall whether or not they finally got the diagnosis right. I remember that the "alien hand" suddenly started to treat the girlfriend gently, and that was good, but I don't recall an actual conclusion to the case.

And hey, maybe it really WAS all in House's head. The case basically mirrored House's problem, anyway. House's mind is working fine for the most part, and then there's that one bit that goes off and does whatever it wants and House is at a total loss to stop it. Hey, WOW... reminds me of their patient! :rolleyes:

Though, actually, I think there may be more than one bit of his brain that's doing what it likes without permission. Amber!House said something like "So this is the kind of man you want to be? Interesting." Maybe a part of him is crazy and homicidal (re: trying to kill Chase with strawberry body creme) and another part is crazy and pining away for a normal human existence (re: wanting to settle down with Cuddy).

Does that make sense to anyone?

I think I got a good idea of what was real and what wasn't. We were basically shown a progression of events, and we were given "House's hallucinated perspective" and then given "what REALLY happened". That's so FREAKY to think that he could concoct a whole different chain of events that never actually happened.

14. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I believe that, in order to make sense of the episode, we should make one thing clear. House was not overdosing on drugs. While what he was experiencing was technically a hallucination, it stemmed (I believe) from Psycosis.

This is the definition of psycosis as provided by reference.com.

People experiencing psychosis may report hallucinations or delusional beliefs, and may exhibit personality changes and disorganized thinking. This may be accompanied by unusual or bizarre behavior, as well as difficulty with social interaction and impairment in carrying out the activities of daily living.

This seems to fit House's symptoms exactly. He hallucinated sex with Cuddy. The next day, he was not hallucinating the patient, but was having delusional beliefs about the lipstick. His care of the old man with the tumor is a pretty good example of disorganized thinking. He admits he thought of pancreatic cancer, but assigned it to the wrong patient.

So, my conclusion is that House hallucinated his detox of vicodin and his sex with Cuddy. The next day he was not hallucinating, but was very mixed up about a lot of things.

Hope that makes some sense. :confused:

15. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Yep like MaddyAnn said the patients were real
    (sorry don't know the right diagnose for the younger guy anymore , was something along the lines that the deo ingredients could cause seizures and that was never diagnosed so he got the previous unnecessary brain op ??? hope I'm not totally wrong ^^ ) the older guy had cancer...

What really got to me was that while seeing Amber House knew that something was wrong even if she/his subconciousnes tried to manipulate his decisions - but now he didn't realise what was real and what not ,and was treating patients in this state (and nearly getting it wrong).
    So House maybe really has to face his biggest fear that he is loosing his genius mind...
    It'll be interesting to see if he's really psycotic or if it's long time drug use or something like that - and how they'll get him back as doctor if he's now in a mental institution ?

Was glad that Camerons odd behavior from the previous ep was at least rationalised as (relatively) normal fear of loosing the last memory of a loved one ...but I'm still not a fan of the pairing (the marriage) and hope Chase will get his own story/character time ,not only as the too understanding boyfriend/husband...

I don't want to offend any shipper ;) (I'm more a shipper for the offscreen pairings *g*) but for me Huddy or Chameron don't really do it ...
    Cuddy sometimes gets really childish because of all the circus and even Cameron had something to say about that. For me there's not such a great chemistry at times in both pairings (at least found the makig up last ep more believeable than the wedding scene). And Chameron ,well Chase as doormat and now husband ,we'll see...
    But I definetly don't mean to offend the actors with that ,I think they're doing the best with what they get :)

And now another Tv show got into summer break , ahhh *needs to get a life without her tv drugs* ^^°

(just ignore my bad english plz ,not awake enough to really care ...)