Grade 'Greater Good'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 6, 2009.

?

How would you grade Greater Good?

1. A+

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. B+

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. C

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

In regard to the "Ghostriders" thing...

They're real, but called Ghost Bikes:

http://www.ghostbikes.org/

eta: roximonoxide beat me to it. The link I posted is the official website, though, so I'll just keep it up.

2. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

I have a felling that they are going to name the baby after a fallen officer.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I didn't think about it during the episode, but thinking about it now I think you're right. All of Ghost Bikes they showed were people who had been killed by vehicles and Ruben was shot.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Let's keep the commentary on the episodes and not tell people what they can and can't post, okay? If you're going to post here, you're going to encounter a variety of opinions--including some you don't agree with. Please keep that in mind.

Back on topic...interesting about the Ghost Bikes! I kind of thought that was probably a real thing when I was watching. It's a nice tribute.

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Thanks for the link. It was a good article and I enjoyed clicking through the slides.

Rather than try to repeat it here, if you want to go to Grissom's office and read my response to Kristen's review, it goes into some detail about the episode and Mac. It's not much...just a thought or two.

6. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^^ Thanks. Will do. ^_^

7. Star4CatESPChick

Star4CatESPChick Police Officer

I gave this episode an A-. Overall, the episode was excellent. However, I don't understand why a man had to serve time in prison for an accident that was not his fault.

I was glad that Mac was chosen to be Baby Girl Messer's godfather, but what about Stella as her godmother. Flack's comment about godfather being the code word for diaper duty was cute and hilarious. I hope that in the future both Danny and Lindsay consider giving their daughter a sibling.

8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Count me in with you! I assumed maternal grandmother since we don't really know very much about Lindsay and I always got the impression that she was an only child?

9. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I found the ghostrider tribute more than a little creepy to be honest, though I guessed it was true to life. I'd also have a hard time convincing my Callum that they weren't toys and I'd be having to drag him off them. Wonder if that happens to the real ones.

It was nice to see that Mare Winningham looks as worn out as I do and was not perpetually nipped and tucked to look like a demented dollbird.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

gave the ep a B+. i have been finding the cases to be so freakin boring this year and this was one of them. every time Mare Winningham came on i wanted to watch the eps of "Grey's Anatomy" she was in lol.

the D/L scenes were so great. i was happy to see they weren't the entire focus of the ep they were in it in the beginning and in the last 5 mintues. the end with the whole team was adorable. Mac looked so uncomfortable holding the baby. i was laughing a bit when Stella said to Danny that she was sorry to say that the baby looked like him haha. this kid is gonna be spoiled to no end.

i was so mad they didn't say what the baby's name was!!! i have a bet going on with my friend over the name and i need some money back i've already lost two bets with her.

the ending of the case was like the case with Katharine McPhee: they didn't have enough evidence or a confession to put the woman away. i can understand KP's character b/c she was being stalked but Mare Winngham's character was so guilty of conspiracy to murder the guy and his daughter. and what the heck the daughter gets away with killing the girl?! i know the dad served time but come on!

the team moments were really well done as they have been all season. it's just the cases have been so blah and forgettable.

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have to say I found the whole episode dull.

The case was so preditable - haven't vegas already done an episode where a father tries to take the blame for his child kill someone in a car accident, if I remember correctly they did it much better.

The only thing about the D/L is what is Lindsay doing at work so close to giving birth? She had her hospital suitcase thing with her so she was obviously expecting to go into labour soon. I guess, another example of how everything has to happen in the lab.

One of the worst episodes of the season in my opinion.

12. CSIDuckie

CSIDuckie Civilian

I gave it a B+. I got really confused with all the flashbacks, but then again, I'm very easily confused, so that may have just been me. The episode WAS rather predictable. I never set out to watch a CSI:NY episode to solve the show as it goes along, I prefer to just watch and let it be revealed, but I knew where it was going 15 minutes into the show.

It would've been a regular B but it earned the + because when they named Mac the godfather, I teared up a little bit.

13. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

As sort of a fan of Lindsay myself I should warn you to avoid the hate(yes it is a hate thread guys) thread "Why Lindsay Must Go" xD

It might annoy you like it did with me. It boundaries on the corruption of this site and what things are allowed here that might sneak by on the things that are not allowed here.

Seriously though there are plenty of people who dislike Danny, Mac, Hawkes ectr. but there are no hate threads on them. Weird huh?

But don't worry about it. All that matters is you have your own opinion and you are free to express it! :thumbsup:
    Go for it!

On that note it's getting kind of silly that the first 4 pages are always filled with bandwagon jumping of "Lindsay hate". Since when is that allowed exactly? Where are the Administrators and Mods?

Technically I'm not a super Lindsay fan but I don't entirely hate her to the point of creating a thread of it all calling it "criticisms" just virtually disgusted and shocked me in some way.

I thought you guys were a lot better than that and were more intelligent about something you didn't like. You'd used to say what you didn't like, some people may mention it again and that was it. Go further to the extreme about something that was not liked and turned into a whining and complaining thread that insulted those who spoke out about what you were doing.

You never used to go on and on about it while sneakily getting your own jibes in about the hatred you have for the actress herself when using her character as a cover.

What's going on here exactly? I'm not writing this to insult anyone or make anyone feel bad or have anyone insult me but something needed to be said about this.

This has been going on for a while now, and it's disrupting a lot of the fun that was had here, and the clean discussions.Sure I didn't post much but I sure enjoy reading everyone's point of view! When you lurk you notice a lot of things :shifty:

ALso it's okay to disagree and not like something and feel the need to discuss it. That goes without saying. It's that people are stretching things too far with that. Now when someone voices their opinion about the obvious bashing everyone just jumps in to put them down. You are wrong in what you did and know that you were wrong in doing so. Your acting worse than children when you react that way.

I apologize to anyone whom I offended at all or otherwise. It just seems like something is going on here that isn't right in the slightest and everyone knows it. :confused:
    You know the type of corruption somewhere, and you realize its there with a;; the evidence and everyone chooses to condemn instead of listen to?

If anyone has something to say about what I posted feel free to pm me or something. I really don't want ot make anyone feel bad at all...but I want you guys to realize something about what most people are exactly doing in the CSI NY forums.
    Sigh...I don't think I'll be back here for awhile...xD

Anyway;
    I give this episode a A =D At the beginning I don't think that Lindsay was that bad sheesh. Although the comment she made to Adam was a bit tart.xD
    I'm sure it wads suppose to come off as funny...but who knows what Anna did was probably her intention or not. -shrugs-

But its okay, I enjoyed the episode nonetheless and I'm glad to write my own review.
    What I loved;
    -The case was very interesting! Charles S Dutton is my favorite actor!!! i grew up watching Roc and I still watch the reruns!!

-Loved Mac's efforts in trying to help. Although the way he appeared in that alley made me laugh. it was kinda scary and cool. Also his persistence to get Dutton's (I can't believe I just forgot the name if hos character!!! :eek:)
    to see see and eventually speak the truth about what really happened with the case.

-The actress who played the mother did a good job! She was wonderful at playing the really torn mother's out there whose children die before they do. Based on experience that's something that most parents fear the most..but it happens. :(

-Loved Hawkes' driving skillz(Well Hill Harper's anyway). xD and the look he gave Adam when Adam mentioned the bids on Lindsay's dilations was hilarious

-Danny's comment about Lindsay being "huge" was funny. Also Carmine did really good acting(as did Anna) during the actual labor scene. I didn't expect they'd do that far either. I'm not bothered by it since I grew up watching A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby with my mom for as long as I could remeber and they show a lot more with blurs to cover things up xD

-The flashbacks between the case 18 months ago and the current time were put together well. Although one part I got confused a bit. I asked myself;
    Wait was that part of the flashback or current time? I think the graining used confused me.

What could have been done better
    -The Hitman I think should have had a more significant role. It seemed like he did initially start as having one but towards the end I don't know.

-The final scene with everyone gathered around seemed kinda stressed to me.Like the atmosphere of it was strained somewhat. But the thought of it seemed sweet.
    Also; Why wasn't Don made the godfather??!! What happened between him and Danny?
    -No Angell. D=

Oh man the season finale is getting closer and closer!! :)
    Again I meant no harm in what I said. I wanted to inform. Please, if you have anything to say or in response to what I said please tell me. I don't mind at all.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:rolleyes: Don't like it here? Take a hike. But "corruption"? Come on.

Anyone is free to start such a thread at any time. There was an "Anti-Danny" thread a while back.

You know, if I hadn't posted a page back to someone about keeping the discussion to the show and not the posters in the forum, I'd probably let this go with a friendly to knock it off. But your comments are rude and incendiary. Warning for trolling for the above post (the parts that earned you a warning are bolded).

Back on topic folks. Thanks. :)

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the info OldGuise and roximonoxide :thumbsup: I just thought since Ruben was killed on his bike, not nessecarily buy a car that he should be there too. But now I see Ghost Riders is for victims hit by cars. Again thanks for pointing that out for me. :D

Oh and since we are on episode thread..... did anyone notice Danny pitting out in the hospital?? Thought it was a cute 'soon to be father' moment. I'm not a D/L shipper but that moment was very cute indeed.