Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Laurence/Raymond: The New Guy

Don't forget, Petersen is also an executive producer, so he might have been making some of that money on that part of the business.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Of course, your correct, I forgot that [how could I]:eek:that would bring it up alot~

3. Desertwind

Ray was so good in this "If I Had A Hammer" the shoe toe thingy, a total Grissom scientific part, he would have done that. He and Cath finding the hammer and the binoclulars, so great, they have a good working camraderie, he's really doing a superb job, and seems to be a bit more comfortable now that he knows the ropes more:)

4. Desertwind

This little snippet about Laurence Fishburne was in the new TV Guide May 11-14, on how the show is going according to Matt Roush~ poll was 1-10

A Risk Assessment for Longtime faves
    Season 9 season finale for CSI..Biggest Risk Replacing William Petersen's beloved Gil Grissom with a new marquee star, Laurence Fishburne, as a novice CSI from the world of academia. Did it pay off? Creatively, not yet, though the transition was smooth and did Gil justice. Just as Ray Langston is learning as he goes, so are we adjusting to a new team dynamic. If only Fishburne himself were more dynamic OUCH Sill waters run a bit too deep in this stubbornly stolid character, The upside is a broadened focus on characters like Nick, or in the witty Star Trek parody episode, lab techs Hodges and Wendy~ season average:6

5. Desertwind

I thought LF was exceedingly great in this episode "Hog Heaven" he's still calm, cool, and collected. and loved him riding the "Harley" TPTB made a good choice selecting him as the lead on the great show.:bolian:

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't think that LF lacks anything in terms of being dynamic. IMO, he's just as strong of an actor as WP, if not more so. But the show was made around Grissom and TPTB have clearly struggled to create a niche for Ray. Nonetheless, I think Fishburne is doing a great job with the material he's given, and that TPTB are probably doing about as good of a job as they can. It's a tough situation for all involved, and they probably made some poor choices in terms of how to craft his character early on. But c'est la vie.

7. Desertwind

I just recieved my new TV Guide May 18-31, [which wll be on the stands on Friday] and a couple of letters from fans on LF~

CSI VIEWERS GO MISSING
    Laurence Fishburne is not the problem on CSI, it's the stupid scripts. Fishburne has proved his acting chops and he's proven himself as Grissom's replacement, but no one can overcome the awful scripts. SO, look to the weriters, not the actors who play out their words~
    namewitheld
    Santa Clarita, CA.

Don't blame Laurence Fishburne for the CSI ratings slide. In the past couple of months, the episodes have been pretty far out there, to the point of ridiculuous. If I want to watch sci-fi, there are other channel choices for that~
    namewitheld
    Port Aransas, TX.

8. Jarmitz

Jarmitz Civilian

I can't stand Fishburne in this role and I'm getting tired of watching the Lawrence Fishburne show. I have loved CSI from the beginning and loved the entire cast. I even like the new characters on there ... except for Fishburne. Enough already .... the rest of crew is strong and needs to be seen more. I feel like I'm lucky if I even see any of the old cast. I feel like we have Fishburne being shoved down our throats as Grissom's replacement. I didn't even finish last night's show and probably won't be tuning in any longer. I sick of Fish! :brickwall:

I hope they DO send him to Miami!

9. Desertwind

I like him, and think he's doing a marvelous job, he even said "filling Billy Petersen's shoes is a tough gig" in the new CSI Magazine it's got everyone and I mean everyone, the old cast members serial killers, even scum bag Eddie, and of course Laurence Fishburne a long interview, with and including his comments. too long to post. Every CSI fan should by this issue, it's in the high end book stores. I purchased mine at Waldens. some highlights on him~
    When William Petersen announced he was leaving CSI to return to the stage, fans feared the worse. But CBS had an ace up it's sleeve in the form of Hollywood A-lister LAURENCE FISHBURNE In an exclusive interview with the official CSI MAGAZINE, "The Matrix" star reveals why he and CSI were the perfect fit~

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Anyone in the US see him on the National Memorial Day concert tonight? He was one of the actors doing a dramatic reading thing. It was a CSI two shot if you're an NY fan.

11. Desertwind

I saw it listed, in the paper MacsGirlMel but I couldn't find it in the TV Guide, what channel was it on?

[​IMG]

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

It was on PBS.

13. Desertwind

He'll be back and hope his role is still on top, and he meets Sara Sidle,:thumbsup: he's really great addition on CSI~

HOG HEAVEN

14. EOcean214

EOcean214 Dead on Arrival

I completely agree with you DesertWind. It will be nice to see how he grows and meshes with Sara there now.

15. Desertwind

Welcome EOcean, I agree Dr. Langston and Sara will be great together. They have similar personalities. Can't wait. Here'a a site with 5 pages of him, and his wife who was in a couple of CSI's "XX", and I'm not sure of the other one. Maybe she said "It sure was fun to work on CSI, maybe some day you can be on too":eek:

http://www.atpictures.com/laurence/