The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I haven't been watching The Mentalist because Jane annoyed me in the first few episodes, but I've been watching tonight's episode since it'd between NCIS and Without A Trace, and I have to say that it's not that bad. I might give it a second chance.

The whole hypnotized thing is interesting. It's not the normal "you are getting sleepy" stuff. It's actually a little scary.

Rigsby kissing Grace was rather funny, though. Because it kind of looked, to me at least, like she kissed him back.

"Fix him."
    "Are you sure?"
    Hee.

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Ok I have always been a little skeptical about hypnotizim thing and can you do what they did last night because that is really scary then. THought it was a good episode and am starting to really like all the characters in there but Jane is still my favorite.

3. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Definitely loved last night's episode. The storyline itself was crazy interesting! Or at least I thought so. I guess I never saw the ending coming. Jane just cracks me up. Personally, my favorite line from his line last night was "No! There's a shark!" Very creative.

I love love love Van Pelt and Rigsby. Always have. Even before he admitted he loved her when he was drugged up from the fire. The fact that the one thing he wanted to do most in the room was kiss Grace just made everything better. And I so agree that she kissed back.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

What episode was said fire, Smiliee? I have to watch that episode.

Like I said before, I've seen, like, the first three episodes of this show and then just didn't watch it. But I liked the kiss, because it was well-done plot wise. Being someone that doesn't watch the show, I was actually put off guard by the lack of reaction by the rest of the team. And then the end scene. "It'll come to you." No one felt like telling Rigsby. :lol:

The two things that I noticed the most, ship wise, were "Don't upset him" and the look on Grace's face when Jane was trying to snap Rigsby out of it.

5. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

It's episode 1.09, and it's called Flame Red. I love it! Rigsby catches on fire (can't really remember how) and Van Pelt bandages him up. It's adorable. And it's also a pretty good episode otherwise, too. Deifferent plot twist if I remember right.

6. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Hey everyone i love watching the mentalist its very entertaining like when rigsby kissed van pelt. Then he did like he didn't remember:shifty:. That was funny but I think it either realieved grace or it hurt her:confused:
    Can someone clear things up.:)

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

It seemed in the middle of relief and annoyance to me, E/C Lover. To me Grace was almost amused that he had no idea. I know that it amuses me, because she knows something that he doesn't even know he did. If he did figure it out at the end of this episode, next week will be interesting.

It's kind of funny that the writers figured out how to make them kiss without, like, making it mean more than "he has a crush on her".

8. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I agree. I think it was definitely a cross between amuse and (I thought) hurt. At first, when Rigsby said that he didn't remember, you could kind of see her face fall in the slightest, though I don't think Grace would have said anything about it in front of her boss. After all, she's mentioned before that she doesn't want to lose her job over a relationship.

I really hope that the writers put something in there about his memory in the next episode. My guess is that they wont, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I came in at 9:30, but I still have some comments:

~Jane with the mafioso was funny. Although I've always laughed at the fact that whenever someone says "shoot them", the gunman always takes out a gun and aims it at the subject for twenty minutes...
    ~I figured that the lady marshal had something to do with it. If only because they made such a big deal out of the guy (who I believe guest-starred on one of the Best CM Episodes Evar).
    ~I loved Grace's little half-grin when Rigsby put on the sunglasses.
    ~That wasn't very fair on Jane's part. I know the woman was a murderer, but seriously? Can he do that?

10. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

When/If do you guys think Rigsby will remember the events :)drool:) which occured while he was hypnotized?

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

^Can I say the next time they kiss? Is that too shippy?

:lol:

12. Meatball42

No, that would make sense. That might trigger memory recall. Now wouldn't that be a great scene!

13. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I thought Jane made sure Rigsby remembered what happened at the end of 'Russet Potatoes'. He tapped him on the shoulder, or something like that, in the break room. The episode aired over a month ago but that's what I recall. :confused:

Only three episodes left this season. I'm enjoying this show and I'm glad it has been renewed!

14. Meatball42

It is? Yay![​IMG]I can't wait!

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am looking forward to the finale. I saw the promo last night while watching the Red John episodes of the show. Can't wait!!