Grade 'Yahrzeit'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 29, 2009.

?

How would you grade Yahrzeit?

1. A+

52 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. A

32 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

This episode was a welcome change of pace. It moved kinda slow, but that worked for the episode. The episode (especially the end) was very moving. I teared up at the end. I have to say, I hope we haven't seen the last of Elgers. He makes such a good bad guy. It's so easy to dislike him :p There were also lot's of little personal moments in this episode, which I loved. And of course, I'll always think of Pluto as a planet to :lol:

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Funny though, that he needs to be suspended to excuse spending some time with montana. XD

Why is it you folks below the 49th always get these previews that showcase the personal dramas going on in the ep while, up here our previews hardly ever include the personal stuff? They're all about the case. My previews didn't even mention the newborn-to-be, or even Lindsay. :p Not a complaint I guess. Just a curiosity. ^_^

3. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

That's what I was waiting for, too. :(

I'm glad that it was his father, though. After the episode, it kind of had to be :) I wish we would have been able to learn more about their relationship though before this episode. We knew that his father never liked to talk about Buchenwald or liberating the camps, so maybe there was other stuff he never let Mac in on? It would have been nice to see that maybe Mac never fully understood his father or had an issue with him; then him honoring at the end of this episode would have been even more resonant.

But, it was still an emotional and sweet moment either way. ;)

4. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

I'm double posting only because i finally found the kleenex box.

Nothing says congrats on your marriage like a two week suspension. She's got to be so proud. I'm a D/L fan too (hense the icon) but there are some things that just ruin it.

:lol:

I'm totally looking forward to the scene with Lindsay and Adam. I hope they give us classic adam who panics.

Lindsay: ... my water broke

*Adam falls to the floor and passes out*

Lindsay: Crap.

5. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

This is by far one of the best episodes of CSI: New York. Ever. I was in tears by the end of it. I felt so bad for Sheldon when he found out his uncle died. I loved how Danny was there for him and how much they care about each other. I cried a little when Hawkes started reprimanding Danny for slamming the Nazi guy's head into the ground and talking about how it might have been a sign from his uncle. I felt like slamming the Nazi guy's head into the ground too when he started using all of that unnecessary language in front of Mac. I thought the ending was very touching and heartfelt.

6. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I didn't see it coming either. I thought maybe Braun had found out Xander was selling artifacts and was made, but I never would have guessed he was a member of the Hitler youth.

7. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

Great episode.
    Loved Danny beating up Elgers and Flack's one-liners, always great.

The ending with Mac learning about his father was so sweet. Loved it.

I have to give a shout out to the performance by Matt McTighe (Michael Elgers). It cannot be easy to play a role like that but a truly pernicious villian makes these stories so much more fun and that Elgers guy is a real :censored:!!

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I thought about that as well.

Yeah, in other episodes it's been a bit too much, but I didn't mind it this week (even though, like you said, there were some moments where it felt that way a little bit).

The slow-motion was cheesy, but it was a very Adam thing to do. :p

Exactly, that was my thought as well. A slow-paced episode is a good thing every once in a while - it's when it's slow and boring that I don't like it. But this one was interesting and emotional, which worked with the slow pacing.

I know, right?! I'm with Sid, it's still a planet.

You mean your preview for the end of the season wasn't just quick flashes of Craig T Nelson and someone else and then a slightly-corny scene where Lindsay is at work for some reason when her water breaks and Adam is the comedy relief standing by to react? Lucky duck. :shifty:

(I love Adam, but I anticipate having a love/hate relationship with episode 5.23. I guess we'll see next week.)

Yeah, the character is despicable, but the actor did a great job making him that way. I hope we see him again - if for no other reason than that the team needs to be able to nail him for good.

9. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

The BEST episode of the season!!!!!
    It was really good I thought it was not over the top its was done very well!!!
    I give Props to the writers of this episode it was really really good!!!

~ Danny whoo way to go:) He kick his ass
    ~ Aww 2 weeks thats cold He should not have suspended:(
    the way he said "new wife" was cute:):)

~Awww poor Hawks:(:(
    ~ Hawks Can you ware that suit everyday (haha) He looked GOOD:drool:
    ~ I loved Mac in this episode Well done Gary 2 thumbs up:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    ~ I loved the video at the end about his father that was a nice touch!
    ~ the ending was really good:thumbsup:

Over All Best episode of the season by FAR!!!

Adams Face lol I cant wait to see more his face was so cute!! Cant wait till next weeks episode:):)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This was a good ep. Flack's one-liners are awesome. I couldn't help but crack up at the closet comment. Loved the hug between Danny and Hawkes... glad someone was there for him. Poor Hawkesy.

Man, Danny beat the snot out of that creepo.

I agree with Sid about Pluto!

the Mac/Adam fist bump... too cute.

loved Mac's reaction to finding out his father saved that boy at the concentration camp.

Does anyone know if the preview for next week's ep is up online anywhere? I didn't get to see it because the local news cut in right after Gary said "stay stuned for scenes to our next episode". :(

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I thought it was a really good, strong episode. I did like that Sid (like myself) still thinks Pluto should be considered a planet. It was nice to get some more background on Hawkes, although sad that his uncle died from some heart condition - but he hugged Danny so that was nice. I think Hawkes may have a point when he talked to Danny about not lashing out at the racist - not the best idea to go overboard and smash the guy's head into the floor a couple of times. Not surprised he got suspended for that (though I personally was okay with it). I guess Mac is about as old as my mother though - because her father fought in WWII and when he got back he got married and then had three kids. Although I think it was twisted that he would bring Jews to their death and then after the war pretend to be a survivor and take off to America and then raise his son Jewish - and then still think that they should have killed them all. Overall, I think it was a very moving episode and they used some unAmericanized German names - my last name is German but my ancestor who had it and came to America from Kassel in 1847 - so they may have written it down wrong or changed the spelling at that time.

I loved Adam's expression when Lindsay told him to meet her at the car in five minutes with the keys because her water broke.

It's up at SpoilerTV

12. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Speaking of German roots here's a fun fact. The surname Messer happens to have German-Jewish origins amongst others.

13. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

damn, that was a great episode. i was texting non-stop then i dropped my phone for the last half of the episode. wow.

- elgers. i hate you. love the actor though. i mean, it does take a lot to be this racist guy, and it seems like all this anger is real. he did an awesome job.

- ed asner did a great job too. i felt sympathy for him when he was this survivor who lost his wife blah blah. then they showed klaus' pic in the military, and it did register in my mind that he and abraham might be just one person, just because of their similar weight. sorry :p but yeah. but what didn't was how evil he was. when he said "i wish we killed them all" or something like that, damn. powerful.

- the reenactment of esther and her family being shot, that was, woah. and it's just for TV. really sad to think it actually happened, and it didn't just happen to 4 people. :|

- loved danny and hawkes together. and speaking of hawkes, there wasn't much of him and stella this week.

- loved elgers' comment on his and zander green's "bromance". i laughed at that part. and also, flack's "sorry pal, i don't speak ignorant." haha.

this is one of the, if not, THE, best episode of the whole season. tptb didn't fail to impress this week. lol. A+.

as for the promo, adam and lindsay. haha. they actually had nice moments before, like the one with the devil's ring or something in "the triangle". can't wait. haha.

14. jedediah

jedediah Civilian

That episode was impressive. It was slowpaced, but I liked that a lot, it fit the subject. When Mac is watching the testimony of the Auschwitz survivor talking about his (Mac's) father, it made me cry. The scene with the son of Braun just walking out was very well done, can you imagine what it must be like to discover that you have lived a lie all your life.

Two things annoyed me, though. The lampshade thing - must that be dragged out every time? There are many atrocities that are well confirmed (including the collection of tattooed skin), so why always use that story that is very dubious at best? I feel that it would be more respectful to the victims to use facts, it was horrible enough without making stuff up. I hope you get what I'm trying to say, I think I'm not expressing it very well.

And the spoken German. There must be native speakers out there, at least for dubbing the scenes. The accents were really strong and it took away much of the realism of the scene for me. Klaus Braun spoke his line very well and chillingly, though.

All in all an awesome episode. Made me finally register here to talk about it :D

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

One of the best episodes of season 5, way to go! :thumbsup: