Nick Song Fic Ch #8 - "Angel"- Now up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I've been bouncing this idea around with a few of you for a while, so here we go! :)

The challenge is, we take the lyrics to one song and everyone writes a fic based on that song. From past discussions, I think it will be really cool to see the different interpretations that people come up with.

These will be one shots...word limit will be 2,000...other than that there will be no restrictions except that the main character must be Nick and you must incorporate the song lyrics somehow (either directly or just using them as inspiration).

Although there are no restrictions, if you currently write fics, I would challenge you to try something different for this one...something you don't normally write about...see what you can come up with outside of your comfort zone. :)

We will get into specifics later, including collecting song suggestions, so be thinking of one that you would like to submit. Please don't post it yet tho. Thanks!

For now, just leave a post letting me know you're interested in participating and we'll go from there! Everyone is welcome to play, even if you've never written anything before! It's not so much about writing a great fic as it is about sharing ideas and seeing what people come up with. So please join!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Re: Nick Fic Song Fic Challenge

I'm so in!! :D Do I get a prize for being first out of the gate? :lol: Seriously this is an awesome idea and I can't wait to get started!

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm in...

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Already part of it Smokey :lol:

I really can't wait to start writing :D

This thread is a great idea and I hope we all will get enough great new stories about our Nick :)

Everybody who's interested should try it, it'll be a great experience.

So let's play :thumbsup:

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

*whines* Do I have to? Why are you making me do this? *sighs*

:lol: I'm in, this could be really cool seeing how everyone interprets the song.

Oh, I just thought of something. If these are going to posted here, on TalkCSI, they will have to PG-13 friendly. So there would have to be a restriction that no smut is allowed.

Because I am sooooooooooo not getting in trouble. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. Smokey

No, there will be no restrictions. Smut is allowed, as are curse words, etc. Whatever you feel you need to do. :) We won't be posting them directly here.

And yes...yes, you *have* to. :lol:

7. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

Super excited about this idea! Can't wait to see some of the ideas everyone comes up with, and the different spins on the same song. Oh I've got some ideas for songs too! But keepign them to myself for now as instructed! :)

I'll probably even try my hand at a fic... until everyone pleads for me to stop polluting the web :D

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I've got so many song ideas, my head is bursting..

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As long as the chosen song isn't by someone I can't stand, I'll try to write something. :lol: Always up for a challenge. :D

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So I guess Engelbert Humpledinker wouldn't be a good idea..or Yanni or Weird Al--scratches out White And Nerdy.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Isn't Yanni instrumental?

So who is picking the song/lyrics. Hmmmmmmm?

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LMAO. I like Weird Al. :D

I'm trying to think of songs that would fit Nicky. He's been through a lot and survived it all...so I'm thinking something with a Survivor like theme... but the only one I can think of at the moment is a couple song, so that wouldn't work. :lol:

I'm looking through all the lyrics I have bookmarked. :lol: I am so gonna write a fic eventually based on "The Eleventh Commandment" by Colin Raye. Not necessarily a Nick fic, but a CSI fic nonetheless. That song is so sad and could really fit in with cases.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  13. Smokey

Once we get a confirmation on the participants, we're going to take song suggestions from each of you and then pick one. So everyone will be working off of the same song and coming up with their own interpretation. :)

So start thinking of suggestions, but keep an open mind. You never know what someone might get out of it. :)

14. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I'm in! As for songs, I have no idea, but I'm in!

How long will we have to write? Other challenges I've done have been about a week, which I think was a good amount of time.

15. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I have waaaaay too many song ideas for this! Will there be a limit as to how many we can suggest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.