Nick Song Fic Ch #8 - "Angel"- Now up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

2. KFK

KFK Witness

Re: Nick Fic Song Fic Challenge

Hey Nicksfriend if I remember correctly didn't they use "Mad World" in an episode in season six? I'd have to go back and look it up. Oh what a horrible task...going back and watching episodes with Nick in them.;) It will be a chore, but if it must be done, well then...if you don't hear from me for a few days don't worry, I'll be doing research. Yeah that's it research, that's my story and i'm sticking with it.:lol:

3 other songs with possibility are "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol; "Drowning Man" by U2; and "When the Body Speaks" by Depeche Mode. These are just random thoughts for a few songs. I'm off to do some research.....

Take care all,
    Kell

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

We're supposed to all posts our fics in this thread, right?

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, Mad World was used in episode two of Season 6.

Where Nick and Warrick handle the stars death and Grissom 'intrudes' :lol: on Catherine's case.

Wait....wait....going to look....got it! 'Room Service'

I have a couple of songs in mind too. Do we post them now, or do we wait?

Hmmm, two weeks, huh? I might be able to do that, but I don't know if my beta would have time to, well, beta my story as she'll be writing one too. :D

5. Nicksfriend

You know how I am.

6. Nicksfriend

Okay,my brain cells just kicked in and it was used with the popular guy who they thought killed himself,the woman in the red dress. Warrick and Nick working a case...Doc Robbins took his picture for his album of celebrites, something about him looking as if he were posing for a cover of a magazine....just can't remember the name of the episode.

Speedy we must have been posting at the same time...great job!!!

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Check my post above, I have the episode name there. Can I help we post at the same time? :lol:

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Wow! :eek: I'm glad to see so much excitement and interest in this! Couple of points....

Yes, any song will do! It can be a serious song that someone writes something humorous about or a funny song that someone turns serious. Anything goes!

Rather than post all the lyrics here and have to wade through them, I was thinking you could all PM me your choices. If you can't PM yet, you could email me at my address in my profile. Feel free to start sending them now! :)

I'm also thinking that the song choice will be random, like picking it out of a hat. I think that would be easier than voting or anything because then everyone is surprised by the choice rather than having time to think about it. The more spontaneous the better!

If this is successful and everyone wants to keep going, we could do another one after...just keep picking a random song from the suggestions.

So far it looks like we have:

Egeria
    Speedy
    MyFutureCSI
    Bookgirl
    NickyFan
    GNRFan
    Nicksfriend
    KFK
    Smokey

Am I missing anyone?

Kell, glad you could join us here! Thanks for your kind comments on my "Lazarus" fic. :)

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Deeeeeep thoughts... driving me crazy... should I, could I write a fic??? Damn this is even harder then having an oral exam and no clue about the topic...

Now I know what I'll do during my weekend... thinking...

Sorry, I know I'm paranoid but is it normal to have the feeling that you're really into something and then want to stay away from it because you think you can't do it right???

That will be a weekend... when I get lucky I still want to play the game at the end of it... Don't worry I'll play but the usefullness of my work is another story... :lol:

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I wrote a song fic based on the song back in 2005 called Mad, Mad World (rated T mods).

It was my first fan fic ever written.:hugegrin:

For me, my Nick songs depends on what kind of mood I want to write Nick in-which is usually angsty, but then I like to write some dark humour with Nick which in results in me writing evil Nick..cause ever since the days of The Rage Diary over TWOP, I'm convinced the man has a very sinister side to him just ready to burst forth and commit hideous acts against former bosses, and under sheriffs..:devil::klingon:

Right now I'm listening to Lily Allen's Smile and it makes me think of evil Nick:devil::evil:

At first when I see you cry,
    yeah it makes me smile, yeah it makes me smile
    At worst I feel bad for a while,
    but then I just smile I go ahead and smile

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  11. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Hey, just wanted to add some encouraging two cents.

There is no right or wrong way to write a fic!! If you're inspired, just go ahead and write it down!!

We're all here because we have this thing in common, our love for this show and our respect and appreciation for this character. If you have a story in you about Nick, don't be afraid to let it out. Go on, push some boundaries, you never know what could happen by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new!

:D

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I second that, Egeria!

I'm not writer, but I've written four fanfics and have three in the works.

No matter how much people tell me they liked the story, I still think I'm a bad writer. :p You are your own worse critic. One thing I've noticed is the story you write won't have the same impact on you as it does the reader.

I'll give you an example of what I mean. Yup, I'm going to have to with smut for this example. :lol: When you read smut in fanfics it might get you hot and bothered and in need of a cold shower :thumbsup:, but when you write your own smut and read it, it doesn't have the same effect. However, other people who read it just might need that cold shower.

So don't be shy, try to write something. It's just for fun!

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree with the above. Don't get caught up in language and punctuation and all that. For this challenge...and it really should be called an "exercise", I guess...the story is what is important. What do YOU see in these lyrics that inspires you to write something? And then we see how each person was inspired in different ways.

And along with encouraging you to step outside your normal boundaries if you're a regular fiction writer, I would suggest trying to think outside the box when you do this and not go with what may seem like the obvious choice when you read the lyrics. Have fun with it and surprise us! :)

Okay...I've gotten some song suggestions from a few people, but I would welcome some more if anyone has any ideas! Go ahead and PM them or email them to me. :)

Anyone else want to join??

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I feel the same way, sometimes I read other people's fic and think, 'Gees why can't I write like that?"

By the way Speedy, I like your stories. You're much braver than me when it comes to smut..;) You know I still struggle with the one word that describe's Nick's anatomy:p

15. Nicksfriend

Well, I think you both are excellent writers and I for one enjoy your fics wholeheartedly. I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with,this is very exciting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.