CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Snowkitty

Snowkitty Victim

I had to chime in - I agree. No one whined about it here... and no one said you had to go to the other website. I can't imagine why you would.

Now I know why very few GSR fans feel comfortable here. I know I don't.

As for the movie I'd hope it would be a team effort - both the original team and the new members. I'd love to see them all together.

(And I apologize in advance, Destiny, I just didn't want jtd94 to feel like a lone voice in the wilderness... I am going back to lurking now.)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I want to be excited but I can't because I know how its gonna go. The focus will be on GSR (I am sure Jorja Will return for the movie, if not I'd be shocked). And Greg will get to be on screen for about 10 mins. I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best. And you know if LF is in it there goes half the movie to Ray.

I would love to see Gary make an appearance as well although I'm not sure how they would do it since Warrick is dead.

Sorry its hard to be optimistic with the way CSI has been going lately.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The ones who whine, do it about everything, not just GSR, too much Langston not enough Nick, not enough Greg, not enough Cath, yada-yada-yada. Instead of finding something positive to say just, gripe and say downer comments WHY? Lets say we know a couple, we'll call them Bob and Linda, and you say "Gee Bob I really like you, but can't stand that your with Linda" Bob, replys 'Oh really, then I'll dump her to please you, although I love her with all my heart" "Gee thank's dude now I'M happy, but your not--oh well" It seems the ones who admire and like this character Grissom, would want him to be happy, and he is. NO one will ever be satisfied with everything on CSI, or in the movie, if one doesn't like it, don't watch, it pretty simple solution~I feel that the movie will feature the whole original cast & maybe some newbies as well, and be a blockbuster plot, so I can't wait!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  4. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

I read this news the other day and my first reaction was a SQUEEEE that Grissom would be back on our screens. After thinking about it for a bit, I'm now just really trepidatious...

I think after the ups and downs of the series over the past season, this film, if it is made, should be a love letter to the show and to the fans. 90 to 120 minutes filled with the CSI that gave you that squelchy feeling inside like at the end of Grave Danger where Grissom says "I want my guys back." and suddenly we felt everything was going to be okay. It shouldn't be about money, or publicity, it should be about the people who have kept this show on the air over the past 9 seasons. It should be just an excellent piece of CSI, only on the big screen. No gimmicks, no guest director, no Taylor Swift or Pete Wentz, just a great script, great chemistry, and a great plot.

The old 42 minute episodes managed to fit around an ensemble cast, so I don't see how a 120 minute film could fail.

With all the doubts and all the second guessing, the truth is the moment Billy P walks back on screen, into the lab, as Gilbert Grissom, I will smile. And that's the main thing. And to see it on a big screen? Even better. I saw Grave Danger on the big screen at the BFI in London and that was brilliant. I felt like a kid watching Star Wars for the first time.

My love affair with this programme has lasted longer than most of my real life relationships - I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't mean to overstep, but how about we try to move the comments toward the movie itself and away from judging other fans.

What possible plotlines do you think could work for the movie? Do you think it should be one case or have different members working on multiple cases? Do you guys think there's any way that they can include Warrick, maybe through flashbacks or such?

One thing that I thought would be interesting (and that I thought was foreshadowed at least a little) was some type of plot involving Warrick's son, Eli. I think it'd make for an interesting movie if they managed to make the crime close to home without putting any of the members of the team into direct danger (a la Living/Dead Doll, Grave Danger, et al). Perhaps something happens to Eli or Tina. I think that would be a way to bring the team together. Some other interesting semi-recurring characters they could center it around might be Ellie Brass, Lady Heather (though I think that one's a bit unrealistic)... maybe even one of the lab rats (hello Bobby Dawson) that seems for all practical purposes to be dead.

As for Sara re-emerging, I can see the movie giving space for her ambivalence about the job. I think it might be a nice touch to have her helping the team move forward without actually being a CSI. She did a great job of mentoring Greg, so maybe she could help teach Wendy the ropes without intruding too much on other series' regulars' screentime. Another more realistic opportunity for Sara showing up could include something to do with one of her foster parents or her mother or some other person in her life, so that she could be a witness or other person of interest. I think it would create some interesting drama for the team to find themselves at odds over how much they can tell, interact with or trust a former colleague.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think it can include Warrick in either flashbacks or if the timeline is such that it is before his death.

I apologize for my negativity, I really want to get excited about this movie. Maybe if and when Details on the plot come out.

7. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I'm sure the mods will step in but I just have to say this. I thought this was a CSI board and therefore everyone who likes CSI should be welcomed even if you happen to like Sara or Grissom or GSR or whatever. But it seems like this is a "Nick rulz, Sara sucks" board and in that case should be named as such so people will know to stay away from it. Sorry but crap like this is happening all over the different CSI boards lately and it's getting old.

Back to topic, I'm not sure what plot points would be good for a movie. I would steer clear of a serial killer only because it's kinda be done a bit too much. I don't know, would fans want a case based movie solely or one that might develop the characters(yes ALL of them)a bit more. That way you really could bring back Warrick in flashback mode as a backdrop to Nick's or Catherine's story. But the case would have to be strong enough to warrant Grissom to come back(and by association Sara). I mean I'm sure they're not gonna call him up for a routine bug timeline and him just popping by the Lab would be weird. I guess we'll have to wait and see what else comes out of it...

Sorry Wojo, I was typing as you were replying I guess.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I completely agree. The fact of the matter is that everyone (and I do mean everyone) has had their complaints aobut aspects of the show. You might say every viewer has a love/hate relationship with the show's writers. Sometimes they do something we like/love and we love them for it. Other times they do things that we don't like and we get mad at them for it. It's the same way a lot of people do with family members. :lol:

As for GSR, I'll say what I said about E/C (another ship of which I am not a fan), I am happy for the characters getting their happy ending and for the fans of GSR that they got that happy ending for their ship. :) Just because I don't ship them doesn't mean I can't be happy for those who do. It's nice when your favorite ship becomes canon. And if they want to put a few GSR scenes in the movie, so be it. I just want the other characters to get plenty of screen time as well, that is all. :)

Moving on...

I really hope it does. I don't think it's that difficult to balance out screen time. I've seen it done on tv shows (Bones does this very well for example) and I've seen it done in movies with ensemble casts... tons of movies. So, there's no reason that the CSI movie can't accomplish this as well. I really hope they do feature all of the characters and that the current cast as well as Grissom (and Sara if she's in it) will all get nice screentime. As I said, I'd like for Sara to meet the new members of the team. I'd like to see her interact with them. And I've always enjoyed the Sara/Greg friendship, so I hope that is featured as well if Sara is in the movie. :)

Exactly! :D

As for a plot, I can't really think of anything at the moment. But, I agree about the serial killer thing. I don't want that kind of storyline in the movie.

It could revolve around Eli. Maybe him getting kidnapped and the team trying to find him or something. I dunno.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION AND READ ALL OF THIS

What this thread is about!

You aren't and Great idea as shown from the quote and my comment above.

While I get your point, this is a board that deals with CSI LV the show, and its characters. No character or actor is more important than another.

My Words
    Alright this whole GSR argument is getting old on both sides, if you don't like them that is fine, if you do like them that is fine, but this isn't the place for that old argument, there is a debate thread in SC take it there, In the first quote of this post it tells you what this thread is about, IF indeed it will happen to contain GSR or not then DEAL WITH IT! Do not rub your hatred or love for it [GSR] in others faces. There are ways to talk about these things rationally, without insults from either side.

The next thing I want to add, what happens on other boards, leave it there do not bring it over here, and we ask that it not be taken from here to there. If you can't do that, then whoever has the problem. We deal and with what happens on THIS board only. - This is about a movie, of which we really don't know half about, who is in it, who isn't in it, story plot, etc. There are no stupid ideas from the fans. Everything is speculation. But if everyone continues to attack each other over anything and everything I will not hesitate with the reminders or further. Now I suggest that this move back on topic. There are some good idea's, discussion even debate lets just keep it respectful.

Thank you. ;)

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I had a funny thought about Billy's quote near the end, about Grissom being 90 something if they waited. It could be him solving a crime in the nursing home ROFL!

I wish they'd go three way and finally cross all three shows in the movie. (I can understand the negativity toward Miami myself but New York is good.) If they won't do it the show anyway. (why didn't Billy ever like the spinoff idea anyway?)

Although I'm a GSR fan I do hope they give all the team their due in the movie.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, you are quoting me as saying that and I didn't. I would appreciate if people would quote appropriately and being new isn't an excuse. I've seen people who have been on this board for awhile misquoting people.

Sorry, Destiny, but the misplace quoting around here is driving me nuts. I'm not the only one misquoted.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe if the Farrely Brothers (Something About Mary, Me, Myself and Irene) directed it, that would be the case.:guffaw: A total CSI comedy, I'd love that.

13. Snowkitty

Snowkitty Victim

speedystokesgirl, You're right, I apologize. I was trying to cut the quotes to be more specific about what I was responding to, and I made an error.

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

We don't know if Jorja will be in the movie and I can't remember if she said it or not. I want to see CSI: Movie. I'm sure the cast will be in the movie. I can't wait to see Billy again, I wish he dye his hair mix black and gray and I do not like his whole gray hair.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw:I had that same thought, Mel. :lol: That would be classic!