CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, considering that I seriously started to :drool: hearing Greg saying "hell" in the 200th ep, I can't imagine what would happen if I heard him say other things. :lol: Of course I wouldn't want it to be like Jay and Silent Bob movies where they use the F-bomb for every other word. That's just irritating. :lol:

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hey I just got this article off someone and I'm sorry to say, this will be the Grissom and Sara show..

..count me out..I aint' watchin' it.

I had hopes too.

I wish Billy would just go and do his plays and leave well enough alone. With all due respect, he quit the show! He left. Move on Billy! We have.

3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I wasn't going to see the movie, anyway...as much as I want to support/show my support for the cast & everyone in every & any way possible, I'm just not thinking I can handle my Billy leaving the show, the show taking a head dive off of a cliff, and now a movie....I just can't deal with seeing a movie about my favorite show....it seems (please nobody be upset!) desperate.

However, there's an article on Margamania where Billy confirms the CSI movie and talks about why they/he are/is doing it....It's a lot of good insight, and Billy is doing it for the right reasons, so in that, I totally support him, but other than that, I just can't do it...it's like making a HOUSE or SCRUBS or FRIENDS movie....it's just not right.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Were you reading the same article that I read in your link? There is NOTHING in it that says it will be a Grissom and Sara show. There was one question in the caption that asks "Will Sara Sidle and Gil turn up in Paris?" And even if she does, it might not be a big part of the episode. And that might not have anything to do with the movie.

If you don't want to watch the movie or the episode in Europe, you don't have to. But I will wait until I have more details about the scripts.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I got the impression that he was talking about two separate things there. The possibility of a CSI movie and the possibility of a two-part story to play on TV. It sounded to me like the two-part story is what he was referring to being about Griss/Sara... not the CSI movie.

6. Criminologist86

I just read it, and I agree...there's nothing in there to suggest huge GSR themes... (although I hope to God it won't be) I'm sure more information will be released in the near future and people can decide whether they want to see it or not.

I believe they're doing it for the right reasons, as I said, but I still just can't bring myself to see it...but let's not judge it entirely before all the info is out.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, I think the Europe story is a two-part CSI show. Which I won't watch. :rolleyes: I don't really care to watch 2-hours of GSR. He said with him and Jorja gone from the show, it wouldn't interfere with the filming of other episodes. So I take that as it is just Grissom and Sara and not the rest of the team. I mean if Sara can't 'do this anymore' (as she said) than don't and stay in the background.

I mean I'm all for Grissom coming back to do an episode, but it should be with the people that have been there since the beginning. Let's see, Petersen and Fox get to go to Europe and film two-episodes, of the show they both left, and the rest of the cast doesn't? If this is true, than if I was the rest of the cast, I'd strike!

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The reason I speculated it would be the Grissom and Sara show is Billy's line about a movie not interfering with the show:

To me it sounds as if they are planning to shoot two movies, a television movie featuring himself and Jorja and the other a feature film.

9. Criminologist86

I see where you are coming from now.... I highly doubt that is the case, but I understand now where your speculation is coming from....hopefully they don't do a GSR thing....I think I'd have to :wtf:

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree as well, that would be one of the worst ways to tie up a storyline ever. Not that I'd run and out and see a GSR movie but to do two would just waste so much time, money, and labor.

11. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I sense the "Grissom and Sara in Paris" two-parter and the motion picture are two separate items.

I don't see how Grissom and Sara being in the CSI movie would interfere with the rest of the cast. CSI has done ensemble episodes before where everyone gets their moment to shine, why can't they do it in a 2 hour+ movie? Yes, they're not CSIs anymore, but they could be old friends coming back, hostages, witnesess, consultors... they could even be the victims who validate the CSI rule: you have sex, you die. They could have a raunchy sex scene and then be killed ("Who killed The Grissoms?" would be a topic big enough to make a movie about it, huh?). Or they could cross to the dark side and become serial killers (hey! one never knows!). But seriously, they can totally have Grissom and Sara there and have them as a couple (because that's how they will be) without the movie being "the GSR show".

Given WP's words, I expect the movie to be very gory and/or creepy, full of politically incorrect stuff and packed with action, and a big intelectuall puzzle with some kick-ass villain. I really, really hope the "everybody needs to be included" includes the labrats, specially Bobby and Archie, and I really, really hope the director of the movie is one of the home directors of CSI.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I love that idea! Don't get me wrong -- I do genuinely like both Griss and Sara as characters, but I think it would really make for an intriguing movie if they killed them (or at least one of them) off and left the team to solve their murder(s). Homicide: Life on the Streets did a great job with a similar line in its movie, where the boss, Giardello, was shot and the entire team, including past members, spent the movie figuring out who shot him. I think that would be a decent way to include GSR without sacrificing screentime for the rest of the characters or allowing people who aren't actually CSIs any more to just come back and suddenly start working scenes.

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ LMAO. A friend just told me yesterday that Grissom could be framed for murdering Sara and his old colleagues could help prove his innocence. :lol:

14. Criminologist86

Erica: That just made my entire night (ok, officially morning now here, it's 12:04am)!!!! That is hysterical.....I'd watch that ;p Oooh that is just priceless. *runs to write it down*

I honestly hope it all goes well for everyone involved with CSI...even though there's an almost non-existent chance I will see it, I hope it makes them all a ton of money, gets amazing reviews, and makes everyone happy. And if Erica's idea ends up being a reality, heck I'll give them my $100,000,000,000 it is for a bloody movie ticket now to see it. :p

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Lol Amb, only thing is, that's not my idea. It's someone else's. And she's on this board as well. :D