CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

They should hire some big director to direct the movie. Maybe if we're lucky, Quentin Tarentino will direct it. In my opinion, he could have made Grave Danger a big motion picture and it would bring millions of dollars to the show.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I disagree. I think they should have one of the series' signature directors do it. Either Danny Cannon, Richard J. Lewis, or Kenneth Fink. They truly know the style of the show, even though Danny hasn't directed a episode for quite a few seasons.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with vegaslights on having one of the series current directors direct the show. They truly do know the style of the show. I was not fond of the William Friedkin episodes. Tarentino was a little closer to the CSI style, but still I think Richard J. Lewis has done some great episodes.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

A CSI Movie would be great, though it concerns me. Not all movies based on TV shows end up being that good.

Having said that, it still would be awesome. However, since it will focus around Grissom and if Jorja comes back, probably GSR too, I don't know if it would be worth.

This would be another opportunity to put those that are STILL WITH THE SHOW in the background, once again. :rolleyes: You know, like they still are.

Personally, I hope Sara isn't in it. I would hope Grissom would be, I always like his character.

My guess, the story would be a Grissom and Langston centered story.

But please, please, please, don't do a crossover where Miami and NY are in it too. Sorry Miami and NY fans.

Well, I'm not going to get my hopes up that this movie will take place, but, hey, if it does, than I will definitely be interested in seeing how they do it.

Now as much as it would be nice to have one of the regular directors, direct it, I think having Tarantino would be a great idea. Especially, if he wrote it too. He knows CSI just as much as everyone else and it would be great to see him unleashed for a CSI movie.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

At this point, the idea doesn't really interest me much. I don't know what kind of a story would be so big that it could carry a feature film.

And would the film be totally disconnected from the series? Or would there be continuity (there's that word again!) from before/after the movie?

Questions...questions....

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, I really do get tired of hearing this. The majority of the fans do not like GSR. There has been no definitive proof of this.

And even if all the fans hated it, it still would've happened because the tptb loved GSR. Tptb have shown, they do what they want, whether the fans like it or not. :rolleyes:

As for Petersen still being Executive Producer, I believe is pretty much 'in name' only. He hasn't been in LA that much and pretty much lives in Chicago and he hasn't been on the set (except for a couple of days for the 200th episode), so I don't think he has as much a hand in it as you think.

He would have to actually be on the set for that.

As for the movie, why is Petersen telling everyone? Wouldn't this be a secret until something more definitive was there. Also, when Petersen said this is why his character was killed off, I didn't think they would actually kill Grissom off, with or without the movie.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Taratino would be my first choice. He knows CSI, he knows the mythology.

However, if Friedkin does this movie, I will not go see it. I liked Exorcist, but his CSI stinks.

Here! Here! If this movie is nothing more than the Grissom/Sara movie, I will not go see it.

Same if it turns into the Langston/Grissom movie. I will not go see it.

Either everyone gets their fair share of scenes in this movie, or count me out.

Gee, I'm starting to lose interest in the idea already, partly because I can just see it

Presenting...the Langston/Grissom show...with Sara Sidle..

Forget it...I'm not interested...

But then again, I wonder if any of the cast will appear sans clothes..:thumbsup::lol: And maybe we will get to hear them say curse words..there was one line in Leave Out All The Rest that Nick was supposed to say that included the F-bomb, but obviously it was never shown. Maybe we'll get to see them use those words..

Okay, Destiny I'll shut the thought up right now!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I've waited long enough for a CSI movie. I can handle some GSR scenes (I know, even coming from me) to go see this film.

I guess I'm just that loyal. :lol:

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As for director, I wouldn't mind Tarrantino, but I really wouldn't mind if Sam Raimi directed it either. :)

If it's gonna be a CSI movie then it needs to include ALL characters (especially current characters) EQUALLY. None of this shoving certain characters into the background stuff like the show tends to do.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oh you know what's probably going to happen, and I hope I'm wrong, but with Friedkin being such a close friend to Petersen, that is who probably would direct.

You know Petersen will want him and he'll get what he wants.

Now tptb should think of this, if they are thinking of going with a movie director. Tarantino was nominated for an Emmy for best director for "Grave Danger", Friedkin was not nominated for "Cockroaches" and I doubt he will be for the train wreck that was the 200th episode.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm not really interested in a CSI movie. If it was a few years ago, then I would have been excited. I think this show has passed the point of making a movie.

But it all depends on who's in it and what the plotline is, I guess.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if they make a CSI movie, I hope it's not as slow paced as that forensics movie with Sandra Bullock (something about numbers was the title, but I can't remember the exact title lol). :lol:

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Amen, thank you for saying this. There has been nothing proven that there is a huge percentage that wanted or liked this....there is a big difference to be vocal and bullying about a topic and the proof of numbers.

As for the movie...I'm on the fence. I fear it will turn into the GSR fest that was season 8. Really enough already there are others that have put the same amount of blood, sweat, and tears into the show that they need their day in the sun. Team focus is the only thing that would draw me to see the movie in the theatre and pay those rates. Otherwise I'd wait to rent it...then the option of turning it off and only spending a little on it wouldn't make me feel guilty.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not to get into a GSR debate, but some fans need to research their facts before stating some comments, it was never TPTB that wanted this, when Holly was shot, they brought in Jorja Fox to be Grissom's love interest, On Sara, I'd like to kiss her before the season ends..William Petersen, Galaxie Magazine..2005..it was always Billy Petersen who wanted this. He stated this time and time again I get tired of defending this as well, and on 'proof' if it wasn't popular [& he's a brilliant man], he and the writers would have ditched it a long time ago. Bottom line, it did happen, and if they make a movie they would and should be an intergral part of it~

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I really hate to get into shipper talk, but I think Billy didn't want to get into the GSR romance the last couple seasons. In this TV Guide from last year:

[​IMG]

William saw chemistry between Catherine and Gil. Not so sure on Grissom and Sara.