Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Miami

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

Ajbuckly said:
I haven´t really descided if another maincharacter in an onscreen committed relationship would work now or ships (E/C and X/X) would flood the show?
IMO, one ship on is already starts flood this show, we don't need another one for that.

I completely agree... another couple among main characters would just be overkill on a show like this.

I could see Ryan and Valera together though. Maybe because she's not a "main" character. I don't think it would be too much of a soap opera if they went out. As long as all the drama of it lasted like...half an episode rather than 7 years!! Or this could be the shipper bias in me. :)

I could see Ryan and Valera together though. Maybe because she's not a "main" character. I don't think it would be too much of a soap opera if they went out. As long as all the drama of it lasted like...half an episode rather than 7 years!! Or this could be the shipper bias in me. :)

Yeah, I have no problem with a main character and a lab rat together... especially (obviously) Ryan and Valera. :) I wouldn't mind Tara and Travers either (hey, their shipper name could be TNT :lol: that's cute). Sam (Beaumontos) and Natalia might have been cute together, but Sam's not on the show anymore, he's now on In Plain Sight.

I agree that another main characters couple would be too much. Since Yelina is not on the show right now it could work as can a lab rat and a CSI. Maybe Dave and Natalia??? That just entered my mind :cool:. Valera and Ryan would be cute :)

I can just see Ryan and Valera clicking for some reason. They had a few differences in season 3, but their personalities almost remind me of each other.

Dave and Natalia?? Hm...opposites attract. Or...Travers and Nat. No, can't really see that one...

I don't see Ryan and Valera as couple, i don't know why, just don't see it.

Ryan and Samanta (A\V girl from season 6) would be good together, but she has disappeared.

She seemed way too much of the wild type. Definitely not Ryan's type at all. Ryan doesn't seem like the type of guy to go out with the wild type. I didn't think they had chemistry either. I could have better seen her with Eric or Speed... definitely would have been Cooper's type. I'm fairly sure he'd like the wild girls. Ryan, not so much. Example: Ryan had a crush on Natalia. Natalia and Samantha are worlds apart in personality types. Ryan had the wilder woman before (seemingly) with Erica and it's very clear that he feels that was a mistake. So, I can't see him wanting to be with anyone that wild again. Though, Erica was more than just wild, she was ugh... not gonna say it. :lol: With Samantha, it almost felt like they were trying to make her like an Abby clone (Abby's on NCIS) and it just didn't work for me.

I'm glad Samantha's gone though because the new A/V person is a very cute guy (Dave). :lol: I'd take Dave over Samantha any day. :lol: Eye candy's always a good thing. And the more the merrier. :D

I liked Cooper too, but then they had to go and make him bad. :lol: It's too bad really cause he would have looked cute with Tara. :lol: But, personality wise I like Dave better.

Last edited:

GregNickRyanFan said:
With Samantha, it almost felt like they were trying to make her like an Abby clone (Abby's on NCIS) and it just didn't work for me.
Samanta is Abby clone :wtf: Never saw it that way :lol:

I liked Samamnta, and Dave cool too. Why we can't have two A\V tech? It would be cool if they work together and make some competitions :lol:

I really don't see the DuCaine pairing. Other than the funny coincidence in names, it's just really weird. I don't see any chemistry at all. I just can't see those two together.

I didn't like that Sam chick. I don't really know why. But Valera? Yes. She needs love, so does Ryan....

I feel like at least one other person on the show should be in a relationship that's off screen. That would be a little more realistic.

I really don't see the DuCaine pairing. Other than the funny coincidence in names, it's just really weird. I don't see any chemistry at all. I just can't see those two together.

I didn't like that Sam chick. I don't really know why. But Valera? Yes. She needs love, so does Ryan....

I feel like at least one other person on the show should be in a relationship that's off screen. That would be a little more realistic.

I have to agree with your comment about DuCaine. I definitely saw that Calleigh and Horatio had great chemistry, especially in the early seasons, but to me it was more "we work well together, and he's kind of a father figure" chemistry, not romantic chemistry. I'd like to see them get back to working together more often and being able to make witty or amusing comments to each other. I miss it.

I have to agree with your comment about DuCaine. I definitely saw that Calleigh and Horatio had great chemistry, especially in the early seasons, but to me it was more "we work well together, and he's kind of a father figure" chemistry, not romantic chemistry. I'd like to see them get back to working together more often and being able to make witty or amusing comments to each other. I miss it.

I agree with you both. I didn´t see the DuCaine as romantic. Mainly because of Yelina and Horatio in thoose early years. Too much drama there allready.

But as Hollyyo says given their age (and looks:lol:) it is very realistic that they would dating and at times be in relationships.

But we are back at :"should the show go towards more personal stuff (say 4 minutes of showtime aka the birthdayparty) or should personal stuff just be on show when needed in storyline or for drama?". Could we see a Friendsstoryline as the backdrop of the show?

I am full the over all look of the CSI MIAMI fan- such beautiful shots , but lately I have really climbed on board with the Calleigh/Eric- ship. I have been reading a lot stuff on how they took over the show with their romance.
I don't get that one- ONE kissing scene? They went to bed together and they were not even on the same frame until the end , when Calleigh was fully clothed and they were out of the bed. I mean could they be more subtle? If they were anymore on the background, you'd forget their dating. Really, I started climbing on this ship gradually after I saw the great finale scene, in season 5, where the elevator doors were closing and Eric looked really hurt, after he saw Calleigh kissing Jake. And the Aqualung song really boosted that scene well. Anyway that scene broke my heart, and I thought "Watch out , their going to start building this couple full on".

I got on board the E/C ship when Calleigh was desperately trying to hold herself together at Eric's bedside after he'd been shot in season 5. It was heartbreaking and I had a feeling that there was more to them than met the eye. She was the only one of the team that remembered how important his faith is to him and she brought him that cross, placing it in his hand. I think that's whenit hit her how much he means to her. I think the thing with Jake was a knee-jerk reaction in order to distance herself from her feelings for Eric. I really never quite got it.

The argument that many of us non-DuDe shippers is twofold

First-The show has been totally dominated by Eric and Calleigh, not entirely their romance, rather just the two of them. It seems 75% of the show is those two on camera together. This has been to the detriment of other characters on the show.
The show's title is "CSI Miami" not "The Calleigh and Eric Crime Hour".
Second- Many of us, including myself do not see the chemistry between Eric and Calleigh as that great. Something is definitely lacking there. Yes, Calleigh is a beaufiul blonde and Eric is the tall, athletic latino but two good-looking people does not always make for a believable pair. Perhaps that's why TPTB took 2+ seasons to finally bring them together. They mistakenly believed that the chemistry would just appear and in time it would become more apparant. Not so. Good chemistry is something that can't be worked on, either it's there or it isn't and in E/C's case it isn't.

There have been several moments shared between Calleigh and Eric that were anything but platonic. I know I've never looked at my brother or my "just friends" the same way that Calleigh has looked at Eric. If you don't want to call those moments "chemistry", that's fine with me.

Plus, I don't think anyone is saying "1 beautiful blonde + 1 athletic latino = believable pair every time". At least I know that I've never said such a thing.

Back