Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah after yesterdays episode I want them together too... even I know which two I would have together even more :devil:

I just hope that the writers don't start all GSR like with the two of them... I would hate to wait that long before the two get together...

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I squeed, but I didn't have much else to say. So last night instead of sleeping my brain decided to go to the in-depth of how their relationship works, and how their characters have been viewed by me since Lab Rats. This might take a while, because I need to get it out of my head before it's all I think about for the rest of the day. *laughs*

I originally had no real idea of who Wendy was. And Hodges was, to me, just some annoying suck-up. They weren't really that important of characters to me. When Lab Rats started, I was just rolling my eyes at Hodges. He was somewhat-arrogant and still being a suck-up. Then he had his first scene with Wendy, and I paused. He was a completely different character from the one I had been seeing. He was quiet, tense, and backed down quickly. It was nowhere near the impression that I had had of him up until that point. Where had this attitude come from? I figured that it was just nervousness about being caught, since Wendy was staring him down. A few scenes later, they actually confronted each other about the case, and I realized that it wasn't nervousness about being caught- it was nervousness about being around her. It wasn't subtle but it wasn't obnoxious, either. I started to ship them slightly, because it was so awesome that someone had this effect on Hodges. Even Grissom, who Hodges looked up to, had never achieved this level of victory over him. Towards the end of the episode, when I saw how upset Wendy was when she found out that Hodges had lied, I noticed that, to some extent, Wendy liked him as well. I started paying attention to both of the characters. Over the next episodes, I saw more progress in the light, flirty-yet-competitive relationship between the two of them. Then You Kill Me struck.
    Oh. My. God. If I hadn't been convinced of any kind of a mutual crush before, I certainly would've been then. Wendy seemed so hurt by Hodges' stupidity, and Hodges seemed to realize, for once, that he needs to think before he acts. She was pissed at him for the rest of the episode, but by their next interaction it was back to the normal atmosphere. When season nine struck, the interactions between the two characters came to a halt. Except for the fact that they were sitting next to each other at Warrick's funeral, which means little, they weren't in any scenes together. When Grissom left the lab, a small beacon of hope for my ship lit when Wendy was the first person an upset-Hodges turned to, although I couldn't hear anything that they said. There was no more interaction until Mascara, which held a brief, yet flirty, scene. I had read the spoilers for A Space Oddity, and assumed that it was a kind of lead-up for the episode.
    I wasn't dissapointed. While the fantasies annoyed me, I'm still not entirely sure why, everything else was great and shippy and just plain fun to watch. It became blatantly obvious that he likes her, to more than just the audience. And Wendy herself showed her cards when she confronted Hodges about the fact that he either needs to let go of his feelings or just tell them to her straight. At the end of the episode, it is revealed that he did in a sense, just in a language that she didn't speak. She doesn't get to say anything about it, because it is the end of the episode, but it will be interesting to see how their next interaction goes.
    One person that needs to be mentioned when talking about Wendy and Hodges is Henry. Sounds kind of odd, I know, but Henry is like the audience. He's viewing them from the outside, seeing their interactions but not quite sure what they mean. He's witnessed, at this point, three moments between Wendy and Hodges that play on their feelings for each other, and in A Space Oddity he finally says something when he tells Hodges to just tell Wendy how he feels. It's become obvious to him, and us, that Hodges really does love her, he's just not at all good with that sort of thing. Hodges ignores him, again, but it's clear that a lot of people have noticed the feelings. It's just a game of when anything will be acted upon.
    So, now we're left with a slightly-uncomfortable handshake and a hope that, eventually, Hodges will get his act together.

She's either going to kiss him or punch him.

Hope I didn't bore you with my rant. :)

3. Crazy4Wedges

Crazy4Wedges Victim

Wow! I'm so glad I found this place. I love Wedges and think they would make an awesome couple.

Last nights episode left me with lots of hope for them, but it also left me kind of empty. Weird I know, but I was crying during the last few minutes of the program. It's obvious to the audience how they feel about each other.

Wendy knows it, but Hodges seems to be holding back. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't feel like he's not good enough for her or what, but there's something holding him back. I'm not at all convinced that it all has to do with work. I think there's more to it than that. I believe that some part of him feels like he's never going to be enough for her.

She's pretty and very smart. He believes that she's way out of his league.

I defintely agree with Tciddaisc. She's either going to kill him or kiss him.

The look on her face at the end was one of determination though. It looked like she was thinking, "Damn you. Don't you realize how great we could be together?"

Maybe that's just the shipper in me though, but I do believe that they could be and will be great.

Thanks for reading! LOL!

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Welcome to TalkCSI, Crazy4Wedges! Don't worry about the shipper in you... there's plenty of that, especially in this thread. :)

I think that, to some extent, Hodges does believe that Wendy is out of his league. He's a bit of a jerk sometimes, which shows that he really doesn't even know how to get to a point where she could be in his league.

She is either going to kiss him or punch him, and that's a direct quote from the Lab Rats commentary, so it's not like a made it up. :lol: Maybe one of these days it'll be true. I'd take either one.

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Actually, your little rant was a perfect little summary of this ship, when it became known in Labrats that Hodges had something for her...and even then, she nearly let her feelings slip as well.

Hodges was always my fave from the moment he appeared on CSI, and it was his snarky, cynical sort of attitude and awkwardness around others that made me like him even more. And even since season 3 when he first appeared, we still don't know a great deal about the character, but because of Wendy, we now know that he is more human then he ever let on, proving that her mere presense can effect him in ways he always thought he had perfect control over.

Last nights episode was amazing and I'm so happy that the writers and the producers are interested enough in the pair to try and give them a chance, yet at the same time, didn't take them out of character...which is something one can't really say happened with Gris and Sara. Personally, they both changed and it wasn't for the better. But to each their own on that ship.

The little fantasies did irritate me a little, but at the same time, thoroughly amused me. Especially in the ways he was interrupted...such as nearly catching himself and the lab on fire. It's obvious that more then just him knew about his interest in Wendy. I didn't really see the issue that Catherine spoke of at first about switching shifts, seeing they are both just lab techs, but after the near fire accident, it made a little more sense. :lol:!

What I thought was interesting was that Wendy decided to try and make the first move, knowing the man would probably never, and I was saddened when he upped his walls of defense and backed away at the last minute. It was so a step in the right direction between the two, but now we have to wait and see if Hodges will come to his senses, take the others advice and take the risk. Sure he is committed to his work and the lab, but even he deserves a little happiness in life, in the form of one DNA tech.

But on the other hand, if this ship is suppose to eventually become somewhat canon, why have a short build up? Let it brew a while, and let the lab banter and flirtiness continue.

A look of determination? That definitely sounds like a Wendy trait and I hope she doesn't give up, especially now after she managed to find out what he had said to her earlier on in the episode. It was her that had the last little 'fantasy', so knowing they feel the same toward each other, if he's not going to make the move...she will!

Yeah, it's probably Hodges just being Hodges...the one who lives for his work, but the crazy thought just came into my head that perhaps, just maybe...he's playing her to get her to come to him instead of him lusting for her. Perhaps he's testing the waters to see if there are feelings returned, cause after all, he is a very smart man. Yes he can be very dumb around her, cause he's proven that time and time again, but we still don't know a whole lot about the character...or both characters for that matter. Who is to say that he doesn't know anything regarding the opposite sex...maybe he knows more then he's willing to admit.

I dunno....so much in one little episode...lol! But welcome all new shippers:)

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I felt bad for Hodges that he feels like this, when in fact. Wendy wants to be with him. He's a jerk but I think it's just how he was raised, I don't think he had an easy life.

I think the writers have learned from GSR and will not make the same mistakes this time, not to mention GSR involved the leading characters, so it will not be the be all and end all of the show.

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i like Hodges and Wendy together a lot. i don't watch CSI too much anymore but when i see them together i like them. i can see where some of you are coming from Hodges thinking he's not good enough for Wendy even if i don't watch the show all the time. she's hot and nobody would believe that he got a girl like that, maybe that's what he's thinking too. and that he used to be a total ass so maybe he's afraid that he'll be an ass to her at some point.

the whole ep was so funny they're both suck geeks. i was like "damn Hodges go for that" when Wendy was all hot and sexy in the fantasy scenes haha.

i can't even imagine what the outtakes for the whole ep are like let alone Wedges' scenes.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* Well, MakeTracksCowboy, he's already been a total ass, and has totally screwed up around her. But she keeps coming back and being friendly with him, which has to mean something. I think he just hasn't realized it yet.

I'm personally begging for commentary over this episode like there was for Lab Rats and You Kill Me. Both of those were hilarious, and can you imagine Liz and Wally talking about those damn fantasies?

9. DJRideout

Oh there better be another commentary for this episode, because you're right, I'd love to know what Wally and Liz thought about this episode. Have their imput...maybe even see a few outtakes. But that won't be until the fall.

That's an interesting point Tciddaisc. He has been an ass and screwed up, yet she has still come back. Some people are a little slower to realize the situation their in, and hopefully Hodges is one of them people that'll eventually clue in. If he waits to long or does nothing about their current situation, I can't see Wendy waiting around forever. Either she'd move on or take matters into her own hands. Personally I'd perfer the latter over the first!

So hopefully, Hodges will be able to get his act together and make a move. I mean, last season he moved out into his own place, to "impress a girl"...as Mandy said to him. lol! So he's obviously trying to do something about it....

I'm also looking forward to the first scene with them together after this episode. I just hope that if there is a plan of some sort of play-off from 'a space oddity', it'll be right away, cause if not, there is no real sense to even air any sort of reaction. We'd have to consider the passing time.

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

What's funny is that the other lab rats know that he has a crush on her, but he still won't admit it.

The proof of the "he pisses her off yet she comes back"? Henry's line: "She mad at you again?" It makes me wonder if other times that Hodges has screwed up are being implied. :lol:

11. Crazy4Wedges

Crazy4Wedges Victim

LOL! I loved that line from Henry too. Something about it made me start laughing hysterically. I don't know what it was, but it tickled my funny bone.

I too can't wait for the DVD's. There had soooooo better be a commentary for this one. I loved the one that they did for Lab Rats. LOL! It was almost better than watching it without.

I'm glad that they are playing it cool.

One funny thing that i couldn't help but notice. When they were arguing about him daydreaming. At the end, where they both said, "Fine." I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know if any of you have ever seen the show Moonlighting, but that was how most of their classic fights ended. They were madly in love, but neither wanted to admit it. LOL! Sorry, just had a flashback for a second there. LOL!

Anyway, I love how the powers that be are making it almost as an afterthought. Telling a story about how they will finally come together as a couple. LOL!

Okay, enough from me. LOL!

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Moonlighting. That aired before I was born. :lol:

I love that their fight ended with "Fine" and Wendy walking away. Something about that is just hilarious.

What made me laugh hysterically at "She mad at you again?" was 1) It's probably a common occurrence. 2) Once again, Henry is a witness to a Hodges/Wendy moment.

13. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

I really enjoyed reading your comments Tciddaisc and DJRideout, really interesting and this is actually what I thought too.

So, my feelings about this episode :

First, I loved it. Hodges, Wendy are on my favorite CSI character list. So I just love watching them together.
    And I was so happy that we finally had a Wedges episode after the total lack of them during the season.

Second : I'm so disappointed that a simple problem of shift is a wall between them too.
    I think this is mainly because they can't move Hodges to the day shift in the show, lol.
    I don't think that being a couple on the same shift would stop them from working correctly (this lab rule is crappy!). In the contrary. If I were them, that would be aweful to know that they're both in love and they are just there, staring at each other throught a glass window. So frustrating!
    Hodges has fantasies about Wendy, ok, but I don't think he would still have them if they actually were together, because he would be able to fulfill them in real life with Wendy, lol! ;)

Anyway, I enjoyed watching those scenes they had together (in the lab and the meeting at the convention). I think those scenes were so emotional, I've never seen them like this, really in love and staring with puppy eyes at each other, and I was like "awwww" all the time! I can't wait to see them ending up together. :adore:

And last : I really really really hope that this isn't the last Wedges scenes we will have until the season final. Because we had a total lack of them this year, and Thursday it was like 80% Wedges! :drool:
    So I really hope this is not an excuse to exclude them until the end of the season... :(

14. DJRideout

I hope not either. I mean, in the last half of last season, we got to see quite a bit of the pair in the same scenes doing their usual flirty lab banter, yet this season, hardly anything until this recent episode. Now mind you, I would have to say this episode more then made up for the lack, but I hope they don't limited the growing chemistry between them to just this one show. But I would really like to see what Wendy is going to do about her little discovery of what he said to her and the knowledge that Hodges indeed likes her and I hope tptb decide to play around with it.

Now there are still a few rumors kicking around that her character may still be interested in heading out into the field as a CSI. I don't know if this will still happen or not, but if this is indeed true, then perhaps this will open up an better opportunity for something more between the two techs. Hodges wouldn't have to decide between a shift change, her or his job, and it wouldn't interfere with his performance in the lab. Anyway, it's just something to toy over and speculate

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i like your idea DJRideout i hope that happens that would be cool to see.

i know my 15 year old brother would love to see more Wedges eps b/c then that means more Wendy. he's obsessed with Wendy every time she's on he goes nuts. i was texting him last week when the ep aired and he just kept saying "omg she's so hot" haha. i even called him after the ep and he was in his glory haha.

now like i've said i don't really watch CSI too much anymore but some of the eps i have been so far have been light. is it b/c Grissom is gone every lightened up or is it b/c TPTB know the labrat eps always get people talking? i love the light eps they're always my faves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.