Grade 'The Past, Present and Murder'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 16, 2009.

?

How would you grade The Past, Present and Murder?

1. A+

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. B-

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. C

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  11. D

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  12. D-

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I was not impressed with this episode. What bothered me was the ending, the flash drive disappeared just like that! What was the point of the episode then? lol. They could have made it more entertaining! The incessant bickering between Mac and Dunbrook got me extremely annoyed.

Finally, I missed the Danny/Flack duo and Adam!

2. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

The power of Black Russians made this episode both amusing and confusing (that rhymes), so I'm going to give it a B- before I watch it again while sober.

(Heh... "Dear writers: Your work is driving me to alcohol abuse. For shame!")

3. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Eh. Not a particularly interesting or exciting episode. I give them props for continuity. However, the lack of Adam, the predictability of the whole thing, the lack of Adam, and the ridiculous fanciness of the crime... did I mention the lack of Adam?... brought the episode down for me. A C for effort overall. I'll be nice. ;)

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, this one was kinda boring. I dozed off a few times while it was on. :eek:

As much as I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mac Taylor his sanctimonious rants are getting old. But at least he is passionate enough to put up a fight and voice his opinion about the FBI unlike his Vegas counterpart Grissom who would rather stick his head in a vice than deal with anyone.

I do like that they kept the continuity going with the Ann Steel case and the FBI. Hawkes mention of his former girlfriend who was raped made me sad, but again the writers kept the continuity going with that.

Other than that, this episode was far from the best CSI NY. I think I only disliked one other episode this much.

There isn't much else I can say about it. I give it a D.

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Yes, Mac needs a good wake-up call. And I mean a good one. One where he is under fire for being wrong (where his wrong conclusion creates a serious situation for someone). His arrogance will certainly be his downfall one day. I don't want to see him gone, just that he gets a good attitude adjustment because he makes a big mistake. THAT will be an interesting episode!

6. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

Am I wrong, but didn't Mac get in trouble for his actions once already? Didn't he go under review for the guy who ended up jumping off the roof? :confused: I do think Mac is a great character, but I would agree that Mac needs a good shove off that high horse he was riding. :rolleyes:

Sidenote, but the polar bear was cute. I laughed when I realized it wasn't a pig. Totally neat trick. lol:guffaw:

7. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Why isn't Adam a regular? I mean, I know he's on the main cast list, but... there are just gaps in the season where he just doesn't show up (and most of the time, those episodes make me wanna sleep). :(

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

He did. And then he blackmailed his way out of it.

9. FlackFan01

was that the issue with the Commissioner and his dirty little secret? :eek:

Yumi, I am starting to wonder the same thing. He needs more air time. :scream:

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

When AJ signed a contract, it wasn't to immediately appear in every episode - they wrote it so that they have to include him in a certain number of episodes each season, and the number increases each year. Eventually he'll be in every episode (maybe next season, maybe not), but for now they aren't obligated to include him every week. (Also, we know AJ does other stuff, and that they're willing to let him do it, so that might be part of it as well.) I think it was something like 13 episodes in his first season under contract (which was last season), 16 (or something like that) the next season (aka this season) and so on - I guess they can include him in more but that's the minimum number of episodes they have to write him into.

So him not appearing in every episode is consistent with his contract. You'd think they'd use him as much as they could, but maybe I'm biased. ;)

11. FlackFan01

There is no possible reason for an Adam Fangirl to be biased. I just don't believe it! :p

12. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

I liked the epi is was an ok one... but compred to most of season 5 it lacks something... yes I know what its lacking.......Angell and Lindsay..... Stella cant be the only girl on th show its just not right. Dunbrook is an idiot.....we know that the flashdrive has not been recovered yet... it finalizes the plot in the finale' And someone mentioned that there were no previews... there werent last week either so for like the last 3 epis there havent been any previews.....are TPTB doing this on purpose????? Probably.....

13. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Wow, this is late. I have no clue WHY but I thought that there wasnt any episode on last week and I never bothered to check untill today when I FIANLLY watched it =D

So, I admit, I normally tolarate all episodes whether they are good or bad but I have to admit that this was a bit dull...

I mean intresting final tie up of the whole Anne Stelle thing but it lacked any umph... Interestingly enough so did the last episode... Anyone else feeling that each episode is taking one step lower in the overall excitment and inetrest ratings. I'm just hoping it picks up next episode... I mean over all the story seems to be good but lets hope the writing this time is too.

I normally hate Sinclaire's guts but he did come through in the end.

And yes, the episode did lack Adam and Sid and if I'm not mistaken Don too. I mean he was in it but there was no flare about his character in this. It was merily a 'I'm doing my job and nothing else' episode for him.

I did quite like the ending though with the flashdrive. I mean at least we know it aint never gunna be found now... right?

14. athens

athens Coroner

I finally had the chance to watch the episode.

I didn't actually think that it was a bad episode although it wasn't one of the best.It was mainly focused on Mac and not on the team.I f0und the case interesting and I didn't even remember those FBI agents and the lipstick flashdrive until they showed the flashbacks.

I wonder what's going to happen with the flashdrive and if they are going to bring it back in another episode.

Episodes that focus equally on an interesting case,most of the characters and not just one are undeniably better.

B-

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I've finally gotten the chance to see it. I'd already been spoiled through and through, but I wanted to see it for myself in order to discover if the episode was half as bad as I read. It was twice as bad. Everything was so conveniently wrapped with a ribbon on top. I can imagine Dunbrook plotting his revenge from his office of evil and news fabricating while laughing wickedly like a maniac. Such a megalomaniac guy, with his image everywhere *rolls eyes* His ego has nothing to envy Mac's.

Thank you, God, because you gave us SuperMac! to look after New York City. Thank you, because without him, we'd be doomed. He is our savior and nothing, nothing at all can stop him. Oh, wait, there were these other meaningless, unimportant people beside him... I think you call them a "team" or something. Anyhow, it doesn't matter.