"A Space Oddity" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 12, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

B- (would have given it a solid A if they'd let Greg be in the last scene). I'm sorry, but I can't buy that Greg doesn't like a Star Trek-like show. I just can't. Are they trying to tell us that Greg has grown out of ALL of his geekiness? Come on! Geeks are cool! And Greg was one of the coolest! :sigh: Stupid writers! :(

Astro Quest haha.

Hodges got duped on that thing he bought. :lol:

H: It's Hodges.
    Brass: Who? How'd you get this number?
    H: I cloned Grissom's cell phone. :lol:

H: He's dead, Jim. :lol:

N: Beam yourselves back to the lab. :lol:

:lol: at Wendy asking ARchie to send her the video.

N: I got a whole lot of Geek love on this chair. :lol:

Riley: I gotta start watching this show.

:lol: at Nick's expression after seeing that video. Someone has to cap that! It was priceless!

Why would they have to report anything to Ecklie? I thought he wasn't lab director anymore and is now under sheriff?

:lol: at SuperDave talking like the show. Loved Doc grabbing him and then superdave saying it hurt and Doc saying good. :lol:

Mandy and Wendy in the same scene? Coolness!

:lol: at Mandy saying Mr. Ed was sci-fi and then telling Hodges that Einstein would have slapped him. Mandy's funny. :lol:

The blue thing Wendy's wearing in the second fantasy looks like a swimsuit.

Brass: Red alert. :lol:

Hey look, it's Paris from Gilmore Girls. :lol:

Wendy: yeah, that's where I keep my tv. :lol:

I didn't realize that was Wendy at first in the third fantasy (dancing). :lol:

She wanted him to have fantasies about her?

Did that ex-army guy just check out Nick's rear or was that my imagination? I swear it looked like he looked at Nick's backside as Nick was walking away. :wtf: :lol:

Cath: It's good to be the commander. :lol:

Aww, Henry looks adorable in that costume. hehe.

Oh, so that's what Hodges said to Wendy. Aww...

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with you, GNRF. Greg ended up being the most serious of all the crew in this ep and that is just not like him. I swear they forgot who he was when he first came on the show.

3. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, they did forget. They should have let Cath and Ray be the serious ones. I think SuperDave should have been in the end scene too as well as Archie since they both seemed to like the show too. :)

4. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I really enjoyed this episode tonight. I guess I'm a bit of a science fiction fan so it was fun trying to catch all the easter eggs.

I loved Nick's little smile after he told Wendy, "Nice outfit" and loved the slight shake of his head at all the "geek love" on the commander's chair.

All the fantasies were great. Loved seeing Archie and Henry in them as well.

A couple of the guest cast have sci fi show connections. The actress playing Melinda was on Stargate:Atlantis as Lt. Cadman. And the actor playing one of the three geeks also appeared on Stargate:SG-1 as a young Col. O'Neill.

Really enjoyable episode to watch.

5. violetsareblue

violetsareblue Dead on Arrival

Oh. One thing. We had an Amber alert in the middle of the "fight" scene. The last thing I heard was Wendy saying that she had just asked him to watch a dvd. Can someone tell me what happened after that in the scene to make them angry (and sad)? I'm assuming that Hodges must have said something! :)

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, I suppose we can't assume that David, Cath, Archie, and Greg weren't included. Nick, Langston, and Riley were walking down the hall and grabbing random people, so there's a possibility that the others were farther down in the lab.

There's a possibility that Wendy/Hodges could work. It's obvious that he has a crush on her, and at times I'm pretty sure she likes him at least a little bit. Of course, he needs to stop screwing up every five seconds. :lol:

7. GregNickRyanFan

Woah! That's weird. They ran one across the bottom of the screen during the last scene of the episode or the previews for next week here. They didn't make any noise or anything, so I didn't miss anything.

She told him if he was having fantasies about her then good. He said what and she said but if he couldn't deal with how those fantasies made him feel then not to blame it on her when he messed up. Then they did the typical fight thing, pretending they didn't feel anything for each other or something (can't remember the exact words) and then she stormed out and he looked like he was thinking "you idiot!" about himself. :lol:

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah but look, Hodges almost started the lab on fire thinking about her and she was around. :lol: Maybe he just needs to be on a different shift anyway or be with her and he will be okay.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* I think he thinks that a lot. In most scenes around Wendy.

They really do love that dance, don't they? Even Henry (hee) noticed it. It's hard to miss most of the time, to be quite honest. I think Hodges believes that his feelings about her are hidden. News for you, buddy: they aren't. :lol:

About the fire thing- he's usually not that distracted, even around her. It's kind of weird.

10. violetsareblue

violetsareblue Dead on Arrival

Thanks for the recap, now it makes more sense.

I love the "dance" of Hodges and Wendy, too. It's funny, because on paper you wouldn't think they would work...but together they are adorable. Chemistry is a funny thing.

Oh, and I prefer to think that everyone else was in the breakroom waiting to watch the show at the end. It may not be true...but I'm sticking with it. :)

11. GregNickRyanFan

I think it's because he started to like her even more when he realized she too was a Quester. It's the equivalent of a sports-minded guy finding out his crush girl likes football. :lol:

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, that's probably it, GNRFan. He'd better shapen up, though, or the "days since a work accident" sign will have to be reset to zero again.

Oh, Hodges. You just can't win, can you?

It kind of reminds me of what Wallace Langham said in the commentary for Lab Rats. "She's either going to kiss me or punch me."

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Overall, a pretty good episode :) I loved, loved, loved all the Star Trek/Trekkie references/shout outs. I grew up with a family full of Trekkies, so I could really appreciate this one :lol:

As for Hodges' fantasies, the first one was amusing, but they got annoying quickly. At least, to me. I guess the whole Hodges/Wendy thing just isn't my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I love the way they interact, but I'd rather see it stay that way.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Who knows? She may do both. :lol:

15. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

At Last! I KNEW Wendy was hiding something pretty amazing under that lab coat. Damn! Okay, I'm calmer now that I got that out. Loved the episode because I love the lab rats and I love the humor. It's nice to go to sleep laughing once a season on Thursday night.

Wendy and Hodges were great and I love the Sci-Fi references. "He's Dead Jim" has got to be my favorite teaser tagline ever.

Thank you CBS for letting the writers go a little nuts this time. It was worth it.