The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Beta Max! :lol: Who'd have thought that we'd go from that being the 'next best thing' to BlueRay? When I was in DC and went thorugh the one of the museums I saw a ton of stuff there that I had as a kid. :)

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Was going to edit but...past 24 hours.

Yesterday was a good 30 and over movie day. Did anyone besides me watch "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" ? Or how about "The Sound of Music"? They were both on yesterday.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I haven't seen either of them in years. CCBB is based on a novel by Ian Fleming, the author of books about Bond, James Bond. The film was produced by Albert Broccoli, the producer of many bond films. And two of the actors in CCBB have appeared in Bond Films: Gert Frobe (Goldfinger) and Desmond Llewelyn (Q),

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh no, I think you're Jedi Mind Tricked me... now I can't get the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang song out of my head.... "Oh, eee, pretty Chitty Bang Bang, Pretty Chitty Bang Bang we love you!" :lol:

I seem to watch The Sound of Music every year at some point- same with The Wizard of Oz.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

CCBB the live touring broadway show is here in town right now. It is too expensive for me to go to though.

I love the Sound of Music. Mary Poppins more. The Wizard of Oz, I have never been a fan of.

6. BabaOReilly

I was never huge on Mary Poppins, but I think it may have had something to do with Dick Van Dyke's horrible English accent: "Ullo Marrry Pobbins." :lol:

I did like Bedknobs and Broomsticks though. :)

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't think I've ever seen CCBB. It was a movie that didn't and doesn't appeal to me. I will occasionally watch Wizard of Oz but it's not a must see movie either. The Sound of Music I've seen once and even though it's a good movie I find it difficult to watch.

I love Mary Poppins :) I remember my mom taking me to see the movie for my birthday. I have the 40th anniversary dvd of the movie and I'm sure is Disney brings it out for the 50th I'll get that as well :) I remember having 2 puzzles of the movie. One was of Let's go Fly a Kite scene and the other was of Mary first arriving on the scene. I don't know what happened to them though. Like every puzzle they probably ended up with missing pieces and were thrown out. Baba I'll agree that Dick Van Dyke's accent is horrorable but as my Brother-in-law recently said Brits are much better at American accents than Americans at British accents.

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I've seen The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins although they arent really must see movies. I'm more into action and always have been. I was always more into things like the original Escape to Witch Mountain as a kid than musicals.

I've seen bits and pieces of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and I've read the book. We bought the book for my nephew a couple of years ago and when he finished reading it we let him watch the movie. He gave us the movie back when it was finished and told us that he liked the book better. :lol: It means something when a 9 year old (at the time) tells you he liked the book better than the movie. :)

Susan

9. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

Does something ever happen to you and you think, "I'm too old for this" ?

Maybe its just me but that thought has been running through my mind all day cause I have pink eye :borg: (see cause he's got a red eye!)

Pink eye! It's such a elementary school illness. I work with kids so that's probably how i got it but still. I feel like my mom needs to call me off school. :rolleyes:

10. BabaOReilly

Just refer to it as "conjunctivitis"- that sounds more mature. ;)

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:guffaw: I know how you feel. Like when I get ear infections and my doctor has to tell me that I get too many (I'm not a kid anymore) and that ear canal is too small. :wtf: I mean, seriously, I can't control how small my ear canal is. :lol:

The funny thing is, I never got ear infections when I was kid. :lol: Just as an adult. :wtf:

Eye infections, yup, get those too! I hate them! Well, who doesn't!

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I feel like that about drama!:rolleyes::lol:

But some childhood illnesses can stay in your system like the chicken pox virus. When I was 29 (a very short time ago;)), I got shingles. The doctor explained that the chicken pox virus stays in your system forever which is why when you get it once, you can't get it again, however, given enough stress, you can get shingles which is very painful.:(

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I feel like that a lot:). Sometimes I still get some acne and paired with the (small .....hmmmm... minor:)) lines I am like:"What! Both?".

I also feel like that at parties sometimes. When the younger members of our family starts on certain topics or drinks to much just to show off.

I wonder why I never feel like in the morning after staying up too late anymore. I was younger I could go to work straight after clubbing. Now I have to sleep and nap sometimes:guffaw:.

Lately I also feel like that when wacthing TV. I feel like: -" I have seen that before..." or " This storyline reminds me of..."

Am I the only one who thought: High school musical is the Grease of this generation? ( Boy meeting girl on summerholiday, lots of singing and a happy end?)

What is pink eye btw?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  14. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

High School Musical is completely the Grease of this generation. But when I make mention of Greast to the kids I work with they have no idea what I'm talking about. "What's that?" Oh shut up!

Pink eye is pretty much that your eye is irritated and pink (hence the name :borg:) but your eye is itchy, gritty, slightly swollen, and teary. My doctor told me its pretty much just the symptoms of having an irritated eye, but there are bacterial, viral and allergic causes for it. The bacterial and viral are very contagious so I'm not supposed to return to work until I have 24 hours of using the eye drops they gave me.
    That's my interpretation since I'm not a doctor :p

15. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I still get zits too. I should really be long over that stage but whatever!

Yep. HSM is this generations Grease. Never thought about it like that but you're right. :)