Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I think it was a great episode! And trust me vickyhiphuggers your not the last person to see it, I have to wait the day after to see it too,I also live in Spain, it sucks but y'know. :)

Looooved the scene with Frank and Calleigh in the interrogation room, it was just hilarious :guffaw:could he have made it any more obvious!! and I loved the way Calleigh looked at him when he couldnt even remember her name :lol: I love Frank I think hes so funny sometimes.

There were no Hiphugger scenes, kinda disappointing but Im guessing we're getting some in "Dead on Arrival" right? Oooh and that episode airs a day after my birthday, yay! I hope Corey gives us some good scenes, it would be the best birthday present :hugegrin: And im kinda glad they're giving us a little break, because I dont want the season to end :( I cant stand the summer wait. But thanks to delkolover and FanFics, I might just get through...might :rolleyes:

2. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Ok, so I finally got to see the beginning of the episode and yes, it was the same clip, same back :klingon:. Wished it was a scene of what to come. ET really knows how to mess with my emotions :rolleyes:, I was so excited at the thought...but I'll keep my hopes up for next season.

I thought the same thing :confused: I kept looking for some comment, but nothing. I guess in their time, its a week later, so they must have resolved it or maybe Horatio spoke to them. I don't know, but they should've shown something.

I think this is a fantastic idea! If we all write in with positivity for our favorite couple and ideas of how this should pan out, maybe they will take it into consideration. They have to serve the viewers and if they get a great amount of messages from us here, maybe they will be convinced not to ruin such a good thing.

I thought so too, and I honestly feel it has to do with Eric. She was always hard on interrogations and rarely became emotional. I think Eric is rubbing off on her and softened her a bit. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and she never did. She's happy, in love even, and maybe just more sympathetic. She may also be thankful that she hasn't been through what this lady has been through. To want to change a person to look like your late wife is just sick!!

I'll tell you who else is sick - Saris! He just creeped me out the whole episode. Rick Stetler :)klingon:) looked a little creepy too in this episode, but maybe that was just me and my "love" for him.

Frank – so out of character, yet so hilarious! I couldn't believe of all people, Frank reacted that way. There have been tons of beautiful girls there, and he always remained professional, but was shocked when he couldn't even remember Calleigh's name. The looks she gave him were priceless! Pure disbelief! :lol::guffaw::lol:

Another person who got caught by the viewers who wasn't all that professional was Ryan. Did you see him turn and look at the girl the doctor was examining when she left the room? That smirk on his face said he was checking her out.

I think that with all these changes of character, new found relationships, etc. only proves that CSI:M is definitely taking a different approach. They are getting sexier, there are more looks, more eye sex, and not all business only. I like this approach, keep it coming!

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Alright, so I just got my TV Guide in the mail and I'm not going to put this in a spoiler box because it's just a viewers opinion in the Cheers & Jeers section of the magazine.

As the jeer of the week, a person stated that now that Calleigh and Eric have been paired that he and others have been left asking "Is this it?" And that the two ''don't have a single iota of romantic chemistry. The relationship has as much sizzle as the frozen foods section at the supermarket."

I know we all disagree with that but I thought I would share anyway. At least TV Guide acknowledged the relationship. (Even if it was in a negative way) I mean, they even put a picture of Eric and Calleigh from 7.16 in the magazine.

Anyway, I sort of think it is an insult to both Adam and Emily as actors saying that they, and their characters, lack chemistry with one another.

bulletgirl, I agree.. the wait during the summer for the new season is definitely going to be hell. I really like this season and can't believe that it is almost over. I'm sure we'll get plenty of EC moments before the end of the season and hopefully something to hold us over until next season.

About the episode.. I have to say, it really surprised me. I thought it was going to be stupid but I actually really liked it. No non-work related EC stuff but all their scenes together were still really good. I enjoyed seeing a more emotional Calleigh, when they were with Mrs. Corbett (was that her name??) even if it was just for a short moment. The best scene, though, was the one with Calleigh and Frank. Hilarious.:)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. IMissGriss

IMissGriss Victim

It kind of bums me out because I think the writers are trying to please everyone. It's like you give little tidbits for the people who like the relationship, and then you go back to business as usual for the people who don't. And because you aren't showing them being all gooey together, they get accused of no chemistry. The anti-hiphuggers need to make up their mind...do they want the romantic scenes or not? Because I have no doubt if Adam and Emily were given a really hot scene, they would steam up your tv set. I mean they did it on the first few seasons with just a little bit of flirting...

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

OH goodness, gracious. People are never happy. We like them together and that makes me a very happy hiphugger.

The writers are trying to make everyone happy. The same thing happened in the CSI: NY thread during last week's episode, but I digress.

If Eric and Calleigh were given a hot makeout scene or even a scene like Flack & Angell on CSI: NY, it would make us a hell of a lot happier. Those two do sizzle when they are together, like IMissGriss said, they steamed up the TV during the first few seasons and even during the end of season 5 and during season 6. Those two have a natural chemistry, IMO, and it shows in every interaction be it romantic or not.

Eric and Calleigh are too adorable together. I have to agree with others that have said that Calleigh has softened up a lot. I guess Eric is rubbing off on her :devil: , (oopss...I done did it again...:lol:, please excuse my gutter mind). I know that I said that I wish that Eric would have compared Mrs. Corbett's hair to hers, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the look he had on his face when he touched Mrs. Corbett's hair was wow, this isn't as soft as Calleigh's hair, but then again, I could just be imagining things. :lol:

6. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Yeah I got my TV Guide today too and saw that Jeer! I was like OH NO YOU DIDN'T! But I realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion, ya know?
    I've said this before - love the E/C relationship, but it's called CSI:Miami not CSI: Eric and Calleigh.

7. JoannaRose897

Oh yeah, they're definitely entitled to their own opinion. It's not really that, that bugs me.

It's that the dislikers and others say there's either too much EC or they say that there's too little and that they suddenly have absolutely no chemistry. But if we were given like a full blown love scene or something, where chemistry is VERY evident they'd still be unhappy and complain that a scene like that is inappropriate for any of the CSIs. So it's really impossible to please no matter what as long as Eric and Calleigh are still together.:rolleyes:

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I totally agree with you. I saw the way Calleigh started softening towards Mrs. Corbette's character as did Eric. I can't say I blame them, I too felt for her character. I'm glad CSI Miami did an episode like this showcasing what can go wrong with plastic surgery.

I also noticed the way Eric and Calleigh were with Brooke's character. I felt bad when she started pulling her hair, trying to get the mites out. The total disgust. It was a good scene!

The scene with Frank and Calleigh had me cracking up, Frank could barely speak this is uhhh... CSI Duquense :guffaw:The look on Calliegh's face was priceless!

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Oh, oops I didn't know.

And for the other matter, I might just head over to CBS right now. Well, no offense to any EC haters that might read this and not comment, but I hope the EC haters DO NOT see that, cause you know what'll happen...but then again they have to voice their opinion too, but we all know what it's gonna be.

Oh darn, I just keep worrying they're gonna screw everything up for EC and if there was a crying smiley I'd put on now.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

If they have a scene together were they are just professional and going about the case....there's no chemistry.
    If they have the same scene with an added gaze and flirty smile...there's too much EC and in every scene it is thrown in everyone's faces.

hhmmm...ummm.well...yeesh...there's...no words...I..I...just...don't..know :wtf: gives up

But since this is EC land and we are happy here and in love with them being in love with each other I will just say....keep the scenes coming, keep the smiles and the gazing and the hotness and the kisses and the worrying and the everything we LOVE about Eric and Calleigh!!!!! :D:D Hiphuggers, write to them producers and writers all that we enjoy and love about EC and ask them, no BEG them, to keep them together and in love and with all the greatness that the two are!!!! Ok I will stop now...:alienblush: :lol:

Seriously though, I'm happy that we have this thread and that there are a lot of us who do enjoy EC and the way it's been written and so we can come share, laugh, and enjoy a great show that CSI:Miami is even with all it's faults and weirdness ;).

11. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

*Applauding you* :lol:

I couldnt agree with you more, the people who bitch about EC really annoy me, I mean come on...grow up! Im sorry but there is just no pleasing them at all, y'know I just think its all out of jealousy, eveyone has there own opinion about it but theres just no pleasing everybody on a TV show, everybody wants something different and you dont always get it...deal with it. It is only a TV show :lol:

But I would hate for them to break up b/c of what people have been saying about them. I love this pairing, a lot of people (including me) have been waiting a long time for them to get together and I am so glad that they are so like Hiphugger17 said, keep the EC scenes coming!!:lol: I sure as hell aint gonna get tired of them. :);)

12. JoannaRose897

Question(s):

Us, as viewers, obviously got what we wanted by EC finally being put together. Do you think writers will split them up just for the sole purpose to make the non-fans happy? Do you think all the complaints and/or compliments from the viewers have any effect on what the writers do for EC?

And while on the subject of an Eric/Calleigh break-up..

If they break up without the intention of getting back together (at least for a while), how do you think they'd behave around each other? Would it be awkward? Who would it affect more, Eric or Calleigh?

I'm not going to answer the questions right now, but I thought I'd ask.. just to speed things up in this thread.

13. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Oooooo I like questions.

I often wonder if TPTB do read boards like this. They probably think we're the fringe crazies who spend way too much time thinking about the show (and, at least in my case, they're correct) so I'm not sure how much importance they assign to what we say (assuming, of course, that they read it at all). I think the writers will split them up because it makes for good TV. If they get together, then break up, then have their awkward phase, their civil phase, their friends-again phase, then they can get the sexual tension back into the show and start the whole will-they-or-won't-they drama all over again.

If they break up... they'll still be professionals. Definitely. That's just who they are. Specifically, I think Eric will still have his angsty moments when he looks at her and a thousand emotions play across his face all at once, but he will, for the vast majority of the time, keep his head in the game. Calleigh, well... she's become noticeably less cheerful as the series has progressed. If she loses this relationship, she'll become ULTRA-professional. I don't think we'll see her smile for an entire season.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

thank you, thank you :lol:

Sometimes you just gotta blow off some steam and laugh about it because if you don't it just drives you crazy!!! :lol:

I think that the fans do influence to some extent but the decisions that TPTB make are not solely based on what makes the most noise. I think that they played with the idea of EC for a long time and somewhere along the road they realized that a big part of the audience agreed with them being together. They took their sweet time, which makes me think that they really wanted to be sure about their decision before fully committing to it. So something made them be sure and they finally decided to go ahead with it. I'm fairly positive that they anticipated that there would be fans that were not going to be happy about it (cause there's no way to please everybody) and so negative comments and letters I don't think come as a big surprise. I really don't imagine them saying "OMG we received 20 dislike letters, let's kill the storyline". Like I said, I'm sure they anticipated it. If they split them up I think it will be because that's just the usual TV thing they do and ultimately they'll just put them back together. I can say that I do think they'll end up together because the way it's been written has been carefully and deep, so it has that end game feel to it.

If they do break up I do think it'll be kind of weird at first but eventually (sooner rather than later) I think they'll just focus on the job and be professional about it. That's just who they both are like Ginnna said. I also agree that Eric will be the most affected cause the guy is all about emotions and we'll see that puppy-sad-I-still-love-her-so-much look on his face and suffer with him. Makes me sad just to think about it :(. As for Calleigh...her smile will definitely be gone and robotic Cal will appear in full mode again. It'll be season 4 all over again plus Eric's painstricken expression to accompany it. Not a pretty picture...

15. JoannaRose897

Wow.

Your speculation or whatever about Calleigh just really bummed me out. After Speedle's death and then after Hagen's suicide.. that just started her whole down spiral to being like less cheerful and way unlike the Calleigh we saw in the first two seasons of Miami.

She finally seems happy (despite having all these bad things being thrown at her), and Eric definitely does have a lot to do with it. She just seems more human again.

Anyway- I think I just decided that I don't want them to break up, ever. Just for the sake of Calleigh.

I happen to like this happy, more human side of Calleigh that has made some fans (mostly the 'dislike' crowd) lose respect for her. I really don't want to see it end anytime soon.

But yeah- I guess I''ll answer my own questions now.

I also think that if they break up, they will no doubt keep professional about it at work. But I think that it will effect Eric in a more obvious way, however, because he wears his heart on his sleeve and Calleigh doesn't. So while he'll stay professional.. I'm sure we will see him look sad and heart-broken. (like in Born to Kill :()

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.