Why Lindsay Must Go, Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 22, 2009.

1. privatename

privatename Rookie

I think it is mind boggling they want to have Lindsay on the show at all. That said, she really hasn't been shown to have good interactions with children and I don't want to see any scenes with her being insecure and/or whining about how hard it is to be a mom and work. Seriously, I resent that TPTB wrote this pregnancy into the show. It would have been so much better had they not.

Plus, isn't finding out the sex of the baby something the father would want to be there for and, as the mother, wouldn't you want to share that moment with the father? Also, why would she be having a sonogram in Montana rather than in NY where her doctor is?? That makes no sense. Of course, I would have hated to have had to watch a scene with D/L at the doctor's because I think it would have been an awful scene to have to watch since I think Lindsay would have done a poor job of it and I don't really need to see her scrunch her face in pretend excitement/happiness.

2. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Weeeeelll, to be totally fair, the only reason my husband was at the doctor's with me on the day we found out the sex of the baby is because it happened to be a holiday. :lol: But, vagaries of prenatal care aside, it would have been infinitely painful to watch them interacting at the doctor's. If I were Danny, I would constantly be flashing back to *how* I found out about the pregnancy in the first place -- and be annoyed every single time.

Why did he marry her again?

3. privatename

privatename Rookie

I guess I could see that it might be hard for the father to be at the appointment, but I still think it is odd that she sent him a text instead of finding out in NY - where her doctor presumably is - and then telling him in person. At minimum it should have been voice-to-voice if not face-to-face.

It would have been painful to watch so I guess I should be grateful it was handled the way it was :)

Because they have a deep and abiding connection -- no, that's isn't it.
    Because they are each other's best friends and can talk about anything -- no, that's not it.
    Because Lindsay is kind and charming and makes him feel good about himself -- no, that's not it.
    Because they enjoy each other's company -- no, that isn't it.
    Because he knocked her up -- yea, that might be it.

Of course the next question is why he would want to have sex with someone like her, but that it is for better minds than mine to figure out. :)

4. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

5. missmeghan

missmeghan Victim

Doesn't finding out the sex usually happen earlier in the pregnancy? Assuming the baby is in the right position? Why wait so far into the pregnancy, while you're in another state to boot?

6. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^The only reason I can come up with is that they may have decided to wait until the baby was born, but Lindsay's evil mom persuaded her to pay the gynecologist a visit. However, if that was the case, Danny would have said something about it, wouldn't he? But then again, if this was normal in any way, she wouldn't have texted him. Maybe she had no credit left? :lol:

7. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

The first time they had sex, they were plastered on tequila. Maybe she's having the longest gestation period known to (wo)man. Or maybe Danny has a lot of paper bags on hand.

8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I remember reading somewhere-not sure where- that the DL pairing won't exactly be having a very happy journey and/or ending. I hope that's true. It's obvious that they aren't really meant for each other. Maybe, maybe, Lindsay's past ties into her weird actions (like spurning Danny so many times and texting him instead of calling him, among other things), but her character still makes no sense, and Anna's acting makes it no better. The whole pairing makes no sense. And neither does the pool table.

Maybe Lindsay will quit and be a stay-at-home mom? Maybe they'll divorce? -shrug-

9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I'd hate it to be a source of "dramatic drama is dramatic!". No on screen quarrels, please, or I'll need to get a bigger bucket to puke in. DL sudden happiness is horrible enough.

10. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ There shouldn't be DL emotional scenes period. I shudder to think about how Anna would carry that out.

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

As some of you already know, this was posted on CBS.com recently.

If TPTB can't even tell the difference between Anna and Lindsay something is horrible f$%&ing wrong.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

You'll notice that they don't make that mistake with the other characters...?

13. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I re-watched "Silent Night" today, and had a flashback to the advice of a couple of my high school teachers. (Avoid doing this in a story, it's sloppy; never do this on stage, it detracts from your performance; blah, blah.)

So yeah. After seeing it again, I have some trepidations about... uh... the rest of the season. Which is a pretty bad thing.

I just wish Lindsay would get out of the show somehow. Even if it happened in a nauseatingly cheesy way, I could stomach it, just because it would mean never having to see that creepy scrunch face again.

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

This is just a random thought I had when I was watching Friends the other day, the episode where Ross is having his wedding in London...in it, Phoebe isn't allowed to fly to London because she's pregnant....wouldn't that be the same for Lindsay with flying to Montana when she is about to pop out a kid?

If so....it's kind of sad that a sitcom has a better grasp of what actually happens in reality than a crime drama :rolleyes:

15. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

It's safe to fly during your first and second trimesters, but I don't know how far along Lindsay was supposed to be when she left.

I just hope she was less than 28 weeks pregnant. Anything past 27, and airlines usually won't let you on. Besides, I would expect two scientists to be smart enough not to think putting a heavily pregnant woman on a plane is a great idea....