William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay if it hasn't been or even if it has you might try posting this in the QSF forum so that Antony can work on it. Also let them know that you checked out all the boxes and everything is set, you just can't recieve pm's from some, and yet get them from others.

2. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

Even though Lawrence Fishburne is beginning to grow on me, I think that underneath, I'm never going to accept the fact that Grissom left. There's a hole in my heart now that he's gone, and it's really, really hard to watch the old episodes. I think I miss the soothing sound of his voice most of all, and I'm starting to have Grissom withdrawels.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WELCOME GrissomLivesOn[​IMG] even though he's gone, he's not forgotten, and I know he'll return, he's still ex. producer, and CSI is in his blood, & he loves his cast members.. so until then we can still reminisce, and talk about him and post pictures of him:bolian:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  4. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

GrissomLivesOn: WELCOME to TalkCSI :)

I have the Grissom-is-missing hole in my heart too :( I wish it would go away, but unfortunately, it's still there and bigger than ever. I miss him like crazy, and I'm so proud of the amazing legacy Billy left for the show and his fans.

However, don't forget that Billy is very happy in Chicago on-stage and is at peace with his decision to leave. That is the biggest comfort I have at this point- hopefully that helped you :)

Miss you, Billy.

5. GrissomLivesOn

It did, a little, but I'm still very unhappy because of his departure. I don't know how this is possible, but Grissom is an essential for my health and well-being. It's very much like I need Grissom the way we all need food and water - or I can't survive. Anyone else feel this way?

6. Criminologist86

Thaaat's bordering on obsession, love...In fact, it probably IS obsession ;p Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that, but it can become very unhealthy when it gets to a certain point...just be careful, ok? :)

I think all hardcore Billy fans are really having a hard time with him being gone- his departure wasn't exactly smooth (it was rather rocky and & didn't really flow with much of anything), and now that they are shoving LF into our faces on a regular basis, it's even harder to make any kind of a transition whatosever without Billy/Grissom. It was litearlly Billy one week, and LF the next. That's HARD on any fan, much less hardcore Billy fans, so I think that's what a lot of us are going through. Does that sound like your problem?

The fact that everyone other than Marg Helgenberger doesn't seem to miss him very much isn't helping either....so far I have only heard Marg mention Billy at any length (quite a bit, actually ;p) thus far, and I think the fact that the other cast members don't seem to mind him being gone just makes the obvious hole a lot bigger...I'm sure people will take me to bat on this (I can see the anger boiling away now ;p) but that's my personal opinion.

Just remember that Billy is VERY happy right now, and is VERY appreciative of his fans, and IS still Executive Producer on the show, and still hangs around set- so he's not really gone.... :)

7. GrissomLivesOn

It sounds like part of my problem. There's something else that I failed to mention - the fact that no matter what I do and how much I claim to like LF, no one can ever replace my Grissom. It's something I didn't realize until just now, but I honestly wish I could turn back time and find some way to keep Grissom from leaving. But then I think about how unhappy he would be, and so maybe this is for the best. I don't know what to do - except that it might be time for me to stop watching CSI - at least until I can somewhat accept Grissom's departure.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*nod nod* I think I'm desperate, that's why I'm hunting down movies lol

9. Criminologist86

There is absolutely NO way to replace Grissom. That will NEVER EVER happen, and I don't think that was necessarily the intent...Although that is what's trying to happen, and that is certainly NOT helping LF's transition in, nor Billy's transition out, OR the fan's problems with the entire thing. Grissom is IRREPLACABLE. Period.

All I can tell you is that CSI is definitely NOT the same, nor will it ever be the same, without Billy/Grissom. It can't be...I don't know what else to tell you...I mean, I understand how you feel, and I'm really missing him too....that's about all I can say...

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

ITA, the whole departure thing still isn't sitting right with me? :scream: MY god, in the middle of a season???? :eek:
    I still don't understand that?! I honestly feel he should have left after S8 period. That's just my two-cents. :)

You're right, as long as he's very, very happy with his personal Life, then I am so happy for him. :thumbsup:

LF can never replace Grissom.

I do want BP to make guest appearances on other tv shows. I just do. I want to see him more than just Gil Grissom. :)

--------------------
    [​IMG]

11. GrissomLivesOn

I know what you mean. It's like it has all been said before, so you're at a loss for words. However, I think I share your pain when you say he is irreplacable. I have to agree with you there, and I must also point out that if it hadn't been for Grissom, CSI might not have been so successful. Grissom makes the show (in more ways than one), and I'd just like to say that his role will go on forever. Even if he isn't on there every week, I still feel his presence through other characters like Catherine and Nick, and that is somewhat comforting for me. But then I start wondering if it's enough, and that is when I pull out my DVD's for a good stroll down Memory Lane.

Grissom, we love you! :adore:

12. Desertwind

This CSI is just different now, no one can ever replace Billy/Grissom, he was the heart and soul of the show, I do like Laurence Fishburne but, he's a whole different person, not comparing him at all never.., but the show is on a different path, and will never be the same without Grissom, Sara, and Warrick that team just meshed, blended and were all connected to the hip. They [the ones that are still on the originals] seem to be all doing their thing and aren't the same as when they were all with Grissom as their beloved boss and friend as well. I will never be the CSI that started in 2000. I just hope that he and Jorja will return at some later date, so the team as it used to be, can work on a case, like they used too~

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  13. GrissomLivesOn

I know exactly what you're saying, Desertwind, and though I would be more than glad to see Billy/Gil make a return, I feel differently about Jorja/Sara. However, that is a discussion for a different thread; therefore, I won't go into it here. Furthermore, I sometimes wish things had turned out another way for Grissom - not just in terms of his departure, but also in terms of other things such as his hearing loss. It seems to me that Grissom started off happy and content, but wound up miserable and lonely.

14. Desertwind

We can still chat about his life after CSI, and hope he'll return in the near future, the always optimist fans of this fabulous guy[​IMG] and some lucky fans like our own Criminalogist gets to see him PICTURES PLEASE, and watch old SPIKE reruns or our own DVD's and the movies:bolian:and the character Grissom ended up a cheerful, happy guy, and not at all lonely, quite the opposite.. and went where he wanted to be, and that was so fullfilling, for him~

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  15. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I'm having a hard time coming to terms with Grissom's departure, even though I know this is what Billy wanted. I'm happy that Billy is back doing what he loves to do and I'm looking forward to seeing him in "Blackbird" in August!!! :adore:
    I promise that I will do my best to get pics too Des . :)

I've taken to watching my CSI DVDs and my Billy films, to help me get through my Grissomless week. I think he's amazing in The Staircase. His character Joad reminds me of Grissom in a way...he's soft-spoken, non-judgemental and talks a man intent on shooting him into giving him the gun.

I would love to see Billy come back and do an episode or 2 of CSI next year perhaps. I would be happy watching him read a phone book for that matter...:lol:
    Even though I don't watch CSI anymore, I'll still keep my ears open for news of Billy guest starring. That's the only thing that will make me watch CSI again.
    And I'm not intimating anything derogatory about those of you who are still watching. I'm just stating how Billy's departure has affected me and how I feel.

Here's a wonderful interview that Billy did while he was in Cannes. Billy Interview

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.