CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Exactly. While I do see the chemistry between them, it would also make no sense to pair up Mac and Stella. It's not a soap. It seriously isn't. Nor is it a fanfiction... (if it was, Don/Danny would totally happen... :D)

Watch TPTB do it all wrong... and turn them into a needy, DL-like couple. I would die. That would ruin two perfectly good characters. :(

2. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I see your point when you say we barely ever see friendship between members of the opposite sex and that the special trust Mac and Stella have in each other could get ruined. Also, it could turn into a soapy relationship. Yes, all that is a scary possibility and I understand it when people say they don't want them to be a couple because of all this.

However, I don't think that "but... but we've already got FA and DL!" is a valid argument. Yes, we have those, so what? I never knew there was a pairing quota of any kind, but I must certainly be mistaken. Otherwise, if we have so much luuuurve already, then let Sheldon and Adam single forever, because giving them a significant other would be too much.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Yes, thanks for the word, PA. progression is what i see.

I guess you can ask what Catherine-Gil think about it. They were friends too as far i understand (i don't watch Vegas) for advice.

Why cannot Mac and Stella be the first main characters in having a healthy relationship???? Because, beyond the fact some of you have said "Because i don't like it" i couldn't read yet a plausible reason based ON FACTS they cannot be together.

Especially when they ALWAYS have been closed to each other and they have shared an intimacy (in emotional terms i mean) not many couples have shared

Debbs :)

ps: Alex, i highly recommend you get S1 DVDs. It was brillant! And no, Angell's death (something i still DO NOT BELIEVE) is not related to this storyline

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I totally agree with the assessment that it would be unrealistic to have *SIX* members of the team involved in romantic entanglements. It's just far too much. And, for my money, Mac can be going half way around the world to be with a friend without any romantic entanglement. This is becoming far too messy and should be avoided at all costs. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a fan.

5. Plenilunio

Well, apparently, that "six" with capital letters will soon cease to be a problem... someone, presumably Angell, is gonna kick the bucket.

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Again: Smacked was first than anyone else in this show. Why cannot they happen just because producers deccided to pair other people first?

Give me just ONE PLAUSIBLE reason at least

Debbs

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's not that there are too many relationships on the show. It's that all of the relationships are within the nine core characters. That is absoultely ridiculous and I think even if Angell bites it and FA are no more having six of nine people be in relationships with each other is overkill.

There are no "factual" reasons they couldn't be together. They're not blood related and neither of them is married so in the technical sense they obviously could be together. That doesn't automatically mean it's right for the show for them to get together. I like their dynamic as friends and co-workers and think it would kill that special chemistry to have them become romantically involved. It's commonly known that in TV the two leads getting together means the show is winding down it's run. Happy, functional relationships are boring to watch especially when it's the two main characters in the relationship. Also, there's no separation of personal and professional lives. We already see that with DL and FA. I don't need that from MS as well.

8. Plenilunio

^ If Angell bites it, unless Flack is paired with her ghost -at which point, I will stop watching the show-, we won't have six people, but four. Oh, okay, five if you count Montana Jr. Another turn-off? Soapy Smacked! I am perfectly aware that it could become a cheesy thing full of unicorns and butterflies, but Mac and Stella are well defined characters supported by two actors with great acting skills. Writing I wuvs you's and kisses all around the lab would be OOC and puke-worthy. I want to believe it would be too much even for the writers who penned down DL. Nonetheless, I perfectly understand your reasons.

9. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Pardon my use of caps for emphasis. :rolleyes: Regardless of the outcome of the season finale, having that many characters entangled with each other just smacks of dysfunctional and lazy writing. This is not Grey's Anatomy, a show whose opening episode featured coworkers sleeping together, but rather a crime show whose emphasis lies elsewhere.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What I meant was that we would have six of nine people who would have gotten together in romantic relationships. Obviously if Angell dies FA won't be together any more, but that doesn't change the fact that they were together and were a part of the nine core characters. People who work together do get together in RL, but the percentage of team members CSI: NY has being involved with each other is ridiculous.

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Absolutely! My current department has nine: three men and six women. Forgetting the fact that most of the women are married, if those three guys were to hook up with three of us, obnoxious and unrealistic wouldn't even begin to cover it.

12. Cath

Cath Dead on Arrival

Okay, a few things:

1) Although they say that Mac & Stella will have some 'sparks' in the episode, that doesn't automatically mean that they will get together;

2) And even if it did mean that the writers were considering that option, how would that be necessarily bad? The foundations for that relationship have been there since season 1 and this is a work environment where lifestyles and schedules are screwed up, much like politics, so it's not 'soapish' to have multiple people hooking up;

3) It also wouldn't do any harm to the characters' storylines because they are both mains, which means that they're able to have their own individual storylines outside of this.

13. Plenilunio

Don't forget about Mac and Peyton... oh, and Adam's something with Kendall (what happened to her, by the way?). If we had so many couples together, they'd become the most important part of the show and we could kiss the cases bye-bye because corpse or no corpse, NY or Alburquerque, it wouldn't matter. However, the actual amount of past, present and future couples between characters don't make a show better or worse. In my opinion, it's not a question of how much, but simply how and when.

Resorting to personal experience arguments too -which are terribly weak because we all have seen/lived something or know someone who has seen/lived something-, at my workplace we're only females, no lesbians, so no colleague couples. But then again, I used to work at this other place with both males and females and you could describe the working environment as similar to that of "Grey's Anatomy". It was virtually impossible to keep it with the who-slept-with-who list and the who-is-dating-who list because they changed by the minute! What am I trying to say with this? Nothing. Except that RL has an example or a thousand for every situation portrayed in a tv show.

14. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I think that if they put together Mac and Stella then its just becoming a dating show not a crime show. Dont get me wrong they have a great relationship but as friends and co-workers.

15. Plenilunio

You could also say that about Danny and Lindsay. They are no longer cops or scientists, but simply a couple oh so in love who underwent a shotgun wedding and incidentally work for New York's crime lab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.