Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Re: Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

I have the Cerebus dvd too. It's not the greatest movie, but EV is really good in it.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The only thing is that I wish she'd saved the guy's ass at the end instead of the other way around. As much as I love Sebastian, I'd rather see Emmanuelle's character kick demon-hound ass. Having her in danger so he could rescue her was a bit cliche and disappointing.

This is, of course, from what I remember of the movie after seeing it once - I might not be remembering the ending exactly right.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*whines* Guuuyss! Allow me to rant on yet another thread.

Angell gets shot. :( I guess now we know who dies. And it's totally NOT good.

The only- and I mean ONLY- bright side is that Flack apparently gets a scene with Angell's dad. Still, though... how uncool is this?

4. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

I’ve thought about this & this is the most obvious one to happen.
    Yeh, I know, not gonna be a pretty sight.

So I’ve made myself an ultimatum: once i see her in a body bag, covered in the white sheet, i’ll permanently leave this forum & learn to deal with this shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, please remember to use spoiler tags when talking about an upcoming episode outside of one of the spoiler threads. Thanks.

Angell was awesome in "Communication Breakdown"! She and Flack make a great team. :D Fun to see them working together--and so obviously enjoying it. :cool:

6. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

Sorry about that. Better make a new posting.

Yup, she's awesome, as always. But, still after what i saw this morning, it made me feel uncomfortable about EV's future in the show.

Oh, and about what i said earlier, I mean that.

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

The news of Angell likely being forced off the show this way really makes me angry. :censored::mad:

Besides Stella, Jessica Angell is my favorite woman charachter on this show. The scene where she tripped the suspect by kicking the garbage can over won me over and sent my mind in the left gutter.

While certainly not wishing in on Lindsay, Angell despite being a recurring charachter has been far better developed as a likeable and not controversial charachter.

If Angell truly is the one to go, I'd rather it be a car bomb, falling 100 stories and shattering the concrete on impact, being flattened by a speeding firetruck, or is in a high-speed chase that sends the car she's in plunging into the river or hit by a train (Thinks End of the movie "Eraser"). Hell, even getting pulled down the drain by the Blob would be better to watch than being shot.

Let's hope it's pulling a Horatio moment and she recovers just like Flack but if she dies by being shot ('Yawn') then it's goodbye Angell Empire/Civilizaton, Hello Mad Mad Beyond Thunderdome meets Apocolypto at least until the Bonasera, Willows, Sidle, Grissom, army invades, and firebombs the civilization into oblivion, cleansing Angell and TPTB from my system, the Axatullux land returning to it's pristine state with no remnants of the Angell civilization.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Only a couple of posts up, Top reminded everyone to use spoiler tags when talking about upcoming episodes outside of the spoiler threads. Please use them.

9. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Aww this hasnt been active since 2nd April...

I think Angell should deserve more posts than this... Come on Emmanuelle is a brilliant actress and Jess is a brilliant character...

BTW, how exsactly do you pronouse 'Emmanuelle Vaugier'? I pronouce it E-man-wel Var-zy is that correct?

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wow, that's totally not how I pronounce it. Eh-man-you-el Vaw-gee-ay is how I pronounce it. The only thing I'm not sure about is her last name. Where the heck is karu? She's Canadian...

Woot, Jess is in this episode! We'll get more stuff to post about tomorrow. :)

11. LyzabethSay

I took French for three years and failed at it drastically so I have no clue at all... I think I am pronoucing it terribly wronge...

Its these moments in time when you'd jsut like to walk up to her and plain straight ask her... Though I think that would be rather embaressing...

This is me now raiding YouTube to find some form of interveiw with her in it so I can find out!

12. LyzabethSay

Believe it or not I actually JUST YouTubed it and from hearing her say it it sounds like E-man-u-elle Vou-jay.

I can pronouce her last name like she does but for the life of me I can't spell it =D

Here's the link. She says her own name at the end.

13. Nerazzurri_89

Nerazzurri_89 Victim

Angell has been one of my favourite characters this season she's great. I think Emanuelles done a great job with what little really she's been given.
    Does anyone know if she's working on any other projects at the moment?She could hold a lead in her own series IMO

The recurring/edge main cast characters like Angell, Sid, Adam are part of what makes NY my favourite out of all the CSI's. They did a great job with the casting there :bolian: me thinks. I find all these characters a lot more interesting and with more potential than their Vegas/Miami counterparts. Except of course my love for Brass in LV, that will always stay :p

14. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

According to IMDB she pronounces her last name Vor-zhe-aye/Vor-zhaye not sure about the first name though!

15. love_kate_walsh

love_kate_walsh Civilian

I'm with you on that one. I learned French for 3 year in School and I was told that my pronunciation was very good (I doubt that though :lol:).

I really love Angell. She's one of my favorite Characters and I fell in love with her when I first saw her. I really like her character and the stoyline with Flack.