The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Thanks guys for all the caps and findings!

It is true, Nick is not one to gawk over the ladies. :lol: Bite Me is a classic scene, the woman (she's a dentist right?) tries ever so much and gets no other response but disgust from Nick :guffaw:. Also the dominatrix wannabe in Leave Out all The Rest when Nick was getting a DNA sample from her she said something to imply Nick got a rise :devil: and he looks at her as if to say " girl, please..." :lol:

It has been discussed before about how Nick dosen't react when Greg is almost blown up (wrong choice of words maybe :devil:) in Play With Fire however I watched it the other day and found this (maybe someone else already has pointed this out - sorry:alienblush:!):

When walking past the destroyed lab, who takes a long look?
    [​IMG]
    Grissom and Sara seem almost oblivous about the wreckage...

And Nick keeps looking in thinking about how lucky Greg was to come out of there alive:
    [​IMG]
    And how he'll be at the hospital after shift visiting his man

It's the little things that does it!

Sorry for the pics being a bit dark - I hope y'all can get what I am trying to point out!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

Hey everyone. I haven't been by in so long (lurking, though) but last night's awful episode inspired me to come in and show support for my boys. I swear if I were doing the season 9 ep guide for Nick/Greg scenes, that episode would be a zero. Did poor Nicky even get a chance to speak during the episode? I was flipping back and forth between CSI and ER just to catch the guys, but it was too painful. I could almost imagine them going home together and saying 'We should have stayed in bed.'

I think I'll sit here and look at the pretty screencaps of our boys to make myself feel better. *stares dreamily at the loveliness of Nick and Greg*

3. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yeah, last night's ep was a wash. It was an okay ep, don't get me wrong, but there was minimal Nick and no Greg to speak of. You'd better pull through next week, PTB. :scream:

Honestly, what are the chances of me watching it again? Not very good. :shifty:

Lovely caps there. :) We may not have seen Nick in the hospital, but you're right, it's the little things, and the expression he has while walking by the destruction where Greg should be...well, it's obvious where Nick's thoughts are. :adore:

4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I love that Nick wears his heart on his sleeve. So easy for us to know what he is thinking! Whether it's recoiling from woman flirting with him, or drawing closer to Greg when they're working together, Nick's emotions are always so evident. I love that.

Nice caps Stokes4Me, Nick does give those long lingering looks when it has anything to do with Greg.

For those of you reading my fics, just published a new one tonight. Can't link to it, but you know my screen name (Seshat3) over at WMTDB, and FF.net. If not, and you want to read 'Vantage Point' (or any of my other fics), then feel free to PM me. Love fics...*sigh* can I ever get enough?! :lol:

5. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome back, CSIElisabeth and thanks for the heads up, Egeria. I'm loving your fics! :thumbsup:
    Great finding, Stokes4Me. I haven't noticed Nick's long glances at Greg's destroyed lab before. SO TELLING.....;) Gotta love George for those little moments.

Oh, well, there wasn't any Nick/Greg scene in last night's episode. Why the boys couldn't work together in that case? I'm sure both enjoy seeing sweaty men in spandex....:devil: What a waste!
    "Snakes" went through my mind every time Nick spoke in Spanish; do you remember that scene where Nick was checking out one of the cowboys at the club? ;)

And to compensate for the lack of Nick/Greg last night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Great caps of that part, Stokes4Me

I had notice him looking over into the lab when he was walking by and thought the same thing, he was really feeling bad for his Greggo. Also, I could be wrong, but a little later in the ep, Nick is talking to Grissom in the hallway. It looked like to me he was staring over into the lab again with a sad look on his face. It really showed how bad he was taking Greg being hurt.

I was just watching empty Eyes tonight, and when Greg gets to the house of the dancers, he's goes up the steps and Nick is there. Greg asks if he's been up there yet and Nick gives him this really odd look, like it's terrible and he's trying to prepare him for it. The look just made me feel gooey

7. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

Hey guys, I'm a new member to the Talk CSI boards. :)

I've been watching CSI here & there since the series has been in production, but I didn't really notice "The Love" until a few years ago. Luckily, one of the first CSI episodes that ever I stumbled across was "Random Acts of Violence;" the episode where Greg argues with Nick when he decides to take Archie out into the field instead of him; insisting that he thought they had a relationship. After I saw this episode, the only response I could conjure was "......uh, did he really just say that?"

From that instance on, I've always been a fan of "The Love." Not just because THEY'RE S0000 HAWT!!111, but because of the chemistry and content of their relationship. They're one of the only (if not only) couples I know that seem to have on-screen chemistry as well as off-screen. This is probably why the two work so well together and make every reaction/action so damn believable. I love that their characters, as well as their relationship, develops and unravels throughout the show. It's quite endearing. & the countless (and almost frivolous in accordance with the show's objective) accounts of flirting, the longing/loving stares/glares, the subtle (and not so subtle) touches, the conversations, the storylines, the subtext...it's perfect. I mean, here comes youthful wildchild Greg who starts off as a Manson-praising lab tech, flirts with straight-edged Southern gentlemen Nick until he ends up falling for him; and now they're both CSIs who share an office (and probably much, much more.) Nick is the only CSI member to actively flirt back with Greg and take part in his jokes. He is also the main person that has always believed in Greg (in becoming a CSI & life in general) and encouraged him from the get-go. Not only that but Nick always comes to Greg's lab SPECIFICALLY for test results/answers even when he could go to someone else. And in earlier seasons, Greg willingly did any project for Nick first & foremost, before anyone else's. And there was always this genuine smile that Nick always showed the minute Greg came into the picture.

At first I thought they were "bro's 4 lyf" like Chandler/Joey (FRIENDS) but after careful examination you can't help but see right through the flirting and sensual innuendo. UGH. So much subtext there. I personally don't see it as just a "friendship." The way they care/look at each other screams "true love." It's so obvious that they're together, but CBS doesn't come right out and say it. (Which is a good thing since it leaves much to the imagination.) [: However it was semi-upsetting to watch Greg barely bat an eyelash in "Grave Danger," but I think the writers were confused on how to mingle him in as a main character/occasional (recurring) character. Like perhaps his character wasn't developed enough at that time for him to play such a serious role. It's quite apparent that the writers are often confused on what to do with Greg. He started out as comic relief and now he plays a [main character] serious CSI. Either way, it's all good.

And here's a simple cap to demonstrate what I was saying. I know I could have pulled a cap with more N/G-ness going on, but I wanted to point out the subtle fact that Nick always stares at Greg; no matter what he's doing. And he always seems so interested/concentrated when he's staring at Greg. :x

[​IMG]

^ Isn't that sweet (like sugar)? Aw. Nick's look is so nostalgic/genuine. Btw, this is from a cap series from my livejournal.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  8. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I agree with your whole post, there is clearly more between them, it's palpable pretty much anytime they are in the same room together.

And Nick gives it away WAY more than Greg does. He's always touching, staring, smiling, defending Greg to everyone, thinking about Greg. (aka, the 'At least Greg will be happy' scene with Sara in 'All Bets are Off.') Nick can't keep his mind/hand/eyes off Greg, can he?

Ironically enough, I think I read some of your fanfic today. :p I've worked my way through all of wmtdb, so I've moved on to lj. ;)

Excellent post, great cap, and welcome to the thread. More Love shippers are always welcome. :p

9. all falls down

Haha, thank you kindly for your warm welcome. :]

& I agree with you wholeheartedly as well! Even though Greg seems like the kind of person that would start things off, Nick is surprisingly the one who [usually] shows his emotions first! :D (Wearing your heart on your sleeve, anyone?) I absolutely love the teasing & the flirting. And how Nick always gives in no matter what. Additionally, the few stares that Greg has given Nick (in the show) more than enough make up for the lack thereof in the whole series. I mean seriously, in "Felonious Monk," Greg gives Nick this...this sultry "I told you so" stare that does NOT equate to bros/bros in any way. I would NEVER give that kind of look to even my closest of kin. And in "Face Lift," while Greg is trying his best to give Nick an excuse (as to why he wasn't doing his job lol), he throws in so much adorkable flirting (in the form of facial expressions) that Nick can't help but smile. :D

The best parts are when Grissom shuns Greg for being annoying/unprofessional, and Nick just smiles and lets him be. When Grissom shuts off Greg's radio in the lab, Nick ends up turning it back on for him towards the end of the scene. How sweet. It's so apparent that even though Nick has his own insecurities/judgements, he sees past all of Greg's and completely accepts him for the way he is. Even if no one else does. That's probably why Greg is always trying to get Nick's approval (even slyly) and once he gets it--it's like instant gratification for him. Of course there's Grissom's approval as well (that everyone wants) but then again that's because he's Grissom.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  10. egeria

Welcome to the board all falls down! Lovely cap, and yes, I'm fond of those looks Nick is always giving Greg. For me, the Love is so obvious and it's heartwarming too. Anytime I'm feeling a bit low or depressed, I just watch a Love episode, or the top 10 Love moments and I'm instantly uplifted.

I particularly love how Nick and Greg can talk without talking, you know? They communicate in all the wordless ways that couples communicate in.

For those of you reading my Love fics, I just posted another one. Seshat3 at both WMTDB and FF. Although come to think of it, I should probably change my screen name there. :lol:

11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome to The Fort, all_falls_down! And I agree with everyone, excellent post :thumbsup:: "here comes youthful wildchild Greg who starts off as a Manson-praising lab tech, flirts with straight-edged Southern gentleman Nick until he ends up falling for him"

You have just described the nine years of The Love perfectly.

Guys, I was watching "Forever" (season three) and there's one more of those moments that scream that Nick is SO not interested in the ladies....:lol: Nick and Brass are questioning the suspect and she's trying to flirt with Nick while all he wants is gettting a DNA sample from her mouth with a swab. Nick is all 'sorry lady, don't waste your time on me' :guffaw: Nick seemed more interested when he and Greg talked about anal swabs in "Pilot"...:devil:

This is for you, Egeria and for all The Love fans. Nick never looks at other people the way he always stares at Greg.

Now and Then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*off to read Wojo and Egeria's new Love fics* ;)

12. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Hi!

I don't know if this counts as a Paperclip!Greg moment, but in Spellbound, when Greg talks to Henry he says something and then says something like, "and I bet you a stripper", and Henry's answer is "u-huh, yeah sure" in such an unamused tone! right after the scene when he tells Warick it's good that he gets to see the ladies, and then proceds not to see the ladies, and to be all business with the stripper who cals him harmless. Even snarkyBrass and celibate Grisom have shown their apreciation for the woman's body!

I wonder if N&G have always been aware of their feelings for each other, or if they have been oblivious. I feel it's more about them coming out of the closet to themselves, rather than coming out of the closet to their families and friends. I can imagine Nick crashing at Greg's place (or viceversa) to watch a baseball or football game, them having a few beers too many, then waking up the next morning (or noon, or whatever) hung over, naked and in each other's arms and wondering what did theydo and why are they liking it. Maybe that could explain the lack of NG moments at the time of Grave Danger... I don't know.

13. egeria

*melt*

Thanks for the caps...that'll get me through the rest of the week. I wonder if I could get away with making a Love wallpaper for my desktop at work?

Over Easter break I think I'll have a Love fest.

I know I've posted this before but even evidence has no appeal for Nick when Greg is around.

14. all falls down

First, thank you seabird & egeria for welcoming me to the forum! Your kidnness is much appreciated. :)

And secondly, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    If a stripper calls you harmless........................................there isn't much more I can say.

Oh yeah, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

However, I have a friend that I call "harmless." He's not gay, but he's a huge dork xD That's probably the reason why the stripper called Greg harmless. Not (only) because he's gay (and in <3 with Nick), but because he's always perceived as a dorky, attention-deprived "kid." When he first started out at CSI, he was this wild, humorous, dorky kid that no one really respected/took seriously; regardless of his superior intelligence. & Even though he's gone through major character development and is now a CSI, I still think he personifies that vibe. You can be whatever you want on the outside, but it still doesn't change who you are on the inside. Anyways, he played the same type of role/character in the movie "100 Girls" and the T.V. show (similar to CSI in concept) "The Net." I think that's just the persona Greg/Eric Szmanda has; and I think he's been unfairly (though humorously) stamped with that type of role in Hollywood. Aw, he still rocks though<3

And I totally agree that Grissom & Brass ("men's men") showcase their appreciation for the female body. xD Especially Lady Heather....oh Griz. I think the last time Nick REALLY had a connection with a female (and that waitress doesn't count), is in the episode "Boom" where he hooked up with a hooker. Yes, Kristy Hopkins & him had chemistry, but just the way the writers threw their relationship together...just seemed a bit awkward/off to me. Nick was just being the hero again, trying to protect Kristy, and she ended up getting kilt. Yikes. And then when Nick stayed behind to ask for that waitress's phone number..........yeah. So anyways, Nick + Women = FATALITY apparently. lol!

And to answer you question in my own opinion, I think "The Love" just kind of happened.

I think in the first instance they met, they both felt the shock, the spark, the energy, the chemistry--something that to this day they probably can't explain. Since Greg is the more friendly/social of the two, he definitely prompted the flirting first. Nick eventually caught on and developed his own style of rebuttal/flirting to accompany Greg's. Simply put, Greg (who is from CA) is more open-minded, youthful, & experimental & Nick (who is from TX) is more traditional, close-minded, & by-the-book. That said, Nick is still the only CSI member to actively flirt back with Greg & encourage him from start to finish in all of his ventures. And in my perspective, I believe that Greg doesn't stare at/touch Nick (unless they're alone) so that he can appear "available" to the rest of the lab. Not because he's ashamed of Nick, but because he still wants to be the "lab PIMP." (Oh come on, you know when he first started out he was probably labeled the "new young cute lab tech," or as Eric put it in an interview, the "spiky haired kid". He probably lurved it.) He craves that attention (from opposite/same sex), that acceptance, that approval (which I think is the basis of his complex character) and if there's still a chance he can get that--he'll strive to do whatever it takes. Hot girl (or even guy!) flirting with Greg = instant gratification = self esteem boost. His back story in CSI is that he used to be a huge nerd with thick braces, in the chess club, yadda yadda yadda so you can see why he's this way. I'm assuming he changed his entire look when he moved to Vegas.) And I'm pretty sure they WANT to come out but can't due to the nature of their work. ): Plus, it would complicate everything such as sharing an office, reporting to their superiors, changing shifts, etc etc.

And just because I absolutely adore this picture, I wanted to share: (Like they say, couples start to look alike after awhile... :x)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  15. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Egeria, I'm glad you liked the caps :)

They're mirroring each other more and more and also, some of their scenes together start to mirror Jack/Ianto scenes in "Torchwood" and since Janto is a canon gay couple...... well, that's a good sign for our ship. ;)

I also adore that pic of Nicky because...... it just screams that this man is so NOT STRAIGHT! :guffaw:

Here are some promo pics of the boys. What I love the most about this first photo is that it's a promo pic from season one! It's the only promo pic of one of the regulars (Nick) with someone of the recurring cast (Greg). Were they trying tell us something from the start :lol:?

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if this promo is from season three or four but Nick and Greg are standing SO close...

[​IMG]

And in season nine, they've released a so telling group pic where Warrick was almost out of the picture and Sara was next to Grissom. And we all know what happened, right? Nick and Greg appear together in the center of the image.....;)

And also this season in "For Warrick", they gave us this photo with the three ships on CSI:GSR, YoBling.....and The Love :adore:

[​IMG]

*points to her signature* Here are the 'small hints' David Rambo was talking about in his interview. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.