Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Hey everyone! I have a question but it can probably be answered rather quickly.

With all the talk about Eric & Calleigh and the trouble with IAB, I have to wonder why this rule is so important now? I mean, wasn't it in effect with Eric and Natalia? Or even when Ryan asked Natalia out? How is the E/C relationship any different?

Eric & Natalia didn't work out and they're friends. Ryan and Natalia didn't work out and they're friends. Right there you have two examples of inter-work relationships that defied the IAB fraternization rule and reason for it. So can Stetler really make that big of a deal?

(I'm honestly curious...not sarcastic...for once lol)

2. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

No, the rule wasn't in effect. As far as I know. Because when Stetler mentioned to Eric in Deep Freeze he said the rule was new or something along the lines of that. Not quite sure, I need to go back and watch that episode but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a rule back in season 4 or before that.

Stetler and Yelina were together for a bit. Then there was Calleigh and Hagen. Eric and Natalia. And Natalia and Ryan, if you even want to count that.. They went on one date that Eric paid for.:rolleyes: And didn't Horatio date that one woman?.. she was like a DA or something. I think her name is Rebbeca Nevins. I really don't know.

Stetler most likely will make a big deal out of it. He's has it out for Horatio's team. I just think Calleigh and Erics relationship being foud out will carry bigger repercussions then say.. Calleigh and Jakes relationship. I think it's completely different. Calleigh might have been making a lame excuse to Eric in Born to Kill when she said that they work together, in the lab day and night and Jake's in homocide, so its different.. But she really had a point. It is different. They work in such a close vicinity to each other, especially now, since it seems like they've been working all the same cases with one another. They may be professionals, but the fact that they have been.. intimate rules into all of this.

I think it'd even be good if one of them didn't have to switch shifts.. they just simply couldn't work together on the same cases or out in the field. It'd give more time to see other pairings in the field. Like Eric/Natalia, Eric/Ryan, Calleigh/Natalia, Calleigh and Ryan. As opposed to the usual Ryan/Natalia and E/C we always see..:rolleyes:

But no shift switching for Eric or Calleigh would make for less excitement..

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright, it took me a while to formulate an answer, so hopefully I make some kind of sense.

Because of the rule imposed by the county (not by Stetler, even though he will be quick to enforce it) it is forbidden to date and work together.

In season 6 when Eric asked Stetler if it had anything to do with he (Stetler) and Yelina dating he said that it was because the county was tired of paying out for sexual harrassement suits (or something like that)

Of course they are going to make a big deal out of Eric & Calleigh dating and I wouldn't be surprised that if they were made an example out of. Maybe they got into a fight the night before and brought those problems to work (though I seriously doubt that). Or maybe they are so distracted at a crime scene that one inadvertanly places the other in danger (though again, I don't see that happening, I am just trying to come up with possibilities in my head)

4. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Just a few thoughts. I'm not sure why speculation needs to be in spoiler tags, but everyone else is doing it so here it is.

I'm wondering if Yelina might be the person who finds out about Eric and Calleigh. She has been doing recon and working as a double-agent for the Russians at the request of Horatio. I can see her finding out about EC and notifying Horatio, out of concern for their safety. I don't see Horatio taking the info anywhere other than the source (E/C), and I honestly dont see them getting outed to the higher ranks this season. It just seems like there's too much story-line with the Russian mob and including all the characters to do justice to such a significant side-story.

I anticipate any major "outing" to the higher ups/Stetler will happen next season....or perhaps that's just my wishful thinking :)

As for speculation of the cute moment in 7.22, I'm thinking it's still going to be a moment at work...maybe a prank they plan together, or discussion of something that happened off camera or during time off, but I suspect the moment will be work-related. That's just my gut feeling based on the spoilers we've seen.

:cool:

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm just watching Dead Zone and there's this scene with EC that I just love and had completely forgotten of. Horatio, Cal, and Eric are on a boat and Eric went diving and when he came up he said he thought he saw a mermaid. The cute part is that Cal calls him "diver man" and kind of makes fun of him for saying he saw a mermaid, then Horatio (looking through some kind of camera or something) says that he did may have seen a mermaid. At this statement Eric looks at Cal and makes a face like ha told you so! So cute and funny. :lol:

I also watched The Best Defense and the scene with Cal, Eric, and Duke is so different for me now that Eric and Cal are together. All I kept thinking was Duke this is the guy who's going to be dating your daughter in the near future. And of course there's when Eric tells Cal "we're CSI's, if we don't notice something going on between two people we work with..." Oh Eric that'll come back to bite you in the butt...:lol:

Also saw Death Grip (yep Miami marathon for me tonight ;)) and what can I say, I just love that episode EC-wise. Their moments are so amazingly cute and wonderful. Made my shippy heart all happy :)

bogglesthemind, what you said about Yelina makes a lot of sense. The fact that she's "working" for the russians and is in some way keeping an eye on Eric makes it pretty possible for her to find out about EC and tell Horatio. I would actually prefer it to be this way. In some way it could also drag out the process of them being outed and we wouldn't get it to happen so fast. First Horatio finds out and then somewhere in season 8 Stetler finds out.

6. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

haven't been here for over a week now! okay, very good question.. i think there would be a conflict..and eventually the relationship would be boring because you don't see them together anymore.. and the team wouldn't be complete if one of them goes away :( but if that is what's gonna keep them together then I think I'm fine with it :)

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Hey guys, just I would drop in real quick and post this. I also posted this in the spoiler thread....it is from Corey himself:

I'm gonna miss him. :(

On a side note, I just wanted to thank everyone who pm'ed me with their condolences...they meant a lot so thank you again.

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Hmmmmmmmm we were doing the same thing last night. :) Lots of E/C fun last night.

Yelina outing them? Hadn't thought about that one but it makes sense to me. She has been hired to kill him (or is that done with ?) so she has to keep track of him. She has probably already seen something so....But who whould she out them to? Horatio? Stetler?

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Count me in as doing the same thing last night. I love my weekend mini-marathons :lol: I'm doing it again tonight, anyone wanna come over :lol:

I loved the part in Death Grip when Jeff Corwin looks at Calleigh and says my pleasure (or something like that) and Eric says easy. Even then he was so in love with her.

Then of course the scene in The Best Defense when they are talking about the evidence. The whole time I was thinking...everybody is going to find out about them. But like someone else mentioned,
    it never dawned on me that Yelina would be the one to find out first, I guess I always assumed it would be someone on the team.

delkolover: That really stinks about Corey. :( Please let him know that we appreciate all he did for the show and for hiphuggers. I wish him the best.

10. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

That really sucks! He was such a good writer; I am going to miss him too. He was one of our E/C supporters!
    Well, so it looks like we won't be able to send our letter to Corey, but we can still send it to CBS, so guys don't forget to PM your name and why you love E/C. I have gotten some so far, so keep sending them!!

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Oh man, that sucks... I'm so gonna miss him.

I bet that lighthearted scene in 7.22 is his goodbye to hiphuggers. I'm sure it's gonna be something really cute that will show both how much they love each other and how Corey has always been a great hiphugger...

Delkolover, if you write him again, send him my best wishes for future and all the success in life.

Yeah, I thought about it, too, and it looks like a logical thing to do. However, we could still send a letter to Corey to thank him for every single cute scene he wrote for EC (of course, not just for EC, the entire show, too, but we should emphasize the importance of our favorite couple).

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I guess you are right. Yelina might be the one who tells Horatio about them. If she's still observing Eric I suppose she knows already what's going on between them. And beacuse she's co-operating with him probably he'll be the first person she goes to tell it. And because he's super H maybe he figure out a way how to solve it without the necessity of one of them transfering to the another shift.:thumbsup:

First of all I hope you are feeling a little better.

What a shame, he supported E/C, so yeah I'm gonna miss him too. I just hope that now when he's gone they don't spoil this relationship. :(

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I totally agree with you. Stetler will definately make a big deal out of it, I can see him telling Eric and Calleigh now you knew the rules and you broke them. I would love to see more interaction with Calleigh and Ryan, because I love their friendship or with her and Natalia they haven't had much scenes together this season. It would be nice to see more scenes between Ryan and Eric as well.

Btw, I was watching a rerun 'Death Grip' that showed on A&E last night. It's an episode I really like because it was one of the episodes which made me want Calleigh and Eric to become a couple.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That's so sad :( He is such a great hiphugger. But don't worry guys we still have some great hiphuggers left among the writers. Tamara Jaron gave us And how does that make you kill and Head Case, Krystal Houghton gave us All In and Smoke Gets in Your CSI's and Marc Dube gave us Sink or Swim. So we still have those who gave us those great EC scenes :). However, Corey will be immensely missed :(. Thanks for the info delkolover :).

15. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Delkolover, thanks for the news on Corey leaving Miami. I'm going to miss him too, but I wish him luck. I just hope that him leaving doesn't effect anything EC wise since he was a huge contributer to that storyline. I doubt it will, though. If you do speak to him again, send him my best wishes.:)

Anyway- I was also watching the re-runs on A&E lastnight. And I have to say, when I was watching Death Grip. I kept thinking that it's no wonder that Eric and Calleigh are together now. Each scene they have together in that particular episode really speaks volumes. The scene with Jeff Corwin, when Eric acts somewhat protective of her. When she goes after him when he's upset. And then the part at the end of the episode when she shows up next to Eric at the memorial for the girl that they had found. No wonder Eric loves Calleigh.

So.. I have a question, that is probably way easy to answer..but I'm going to ask anyway:

We obviously know that Calleigh and Eric's relationship is going to be outed. With Natalia and Eric's past relationship, do you think she's going to care that they're together?

I don't. The writers seemed to have forgotten they used to be together and they weren't really in a serious relationship anyway. I think for her to care or be upset by it would be out of place. I think Ryan cares more than Natalia does.:lol: He's the one making a huge deal out of it.

Now, if Jake were to come back.. I think he might be a little upset to see that Calleigh is taken now. Since he did want her to wait for him.

Also, how do you think each member (Ryan, Tripp, Horatio.. Hell even, Valera.) is going to react when they find out about EC.. if it's even going to be shown in the show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.