"Mascara" 200th Ep Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 14, 2009.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Cool. Thanks for the link, vegaslights. It's especially nice to see Wendy getting an extra mention. It makes me wonder if maybe she'll be getting more screentime in the episode if he thinks so highly of Liz Vassey.

2. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

No mention of Lauren Lee Smith, I wonder whether he liked working with her or accidentally left her out? Probably the latter.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it was the interviewer that didn't mention her. As for the other part where he mentioned Wendy, he was talking about those he's worked with before.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's vegaslights for the TV Guide interview, I was just going to post this, so you beat me to it:bolian: and WP and Jorja returning, awesome, we all knew they would. So he's been "hanging around" HMMM> can't let go Billy?. How cool that him and Friedkin have remained friends, this should be a great riveting episode. After March Madness, finally a new ep.:bolian:

5. electra

electra Pathologist

Given what I have seen recently,everyone will be front and center eventually.Ray is the new lead ,stil.

Thank for the link.I want to see grissom back soon.:thumbsup:

6. governess

governess Victim

Hi! Normally I'm a lurker but I just had to come on here to share my feelings on this 'CSI' episode 200.

WHY did Ray's student do what she did at the beginning?
    The writers seem to keep forgetting CSI watchers ARE intelligent - so why ruin the episode before the opening credits? Especially considering the student's education - you'd think she'd know what not to do in a case like that.
    *I hope this isn't considered a spoiler - sorry if it is*

But my biggest, biggest, gigantic beef I have with this 200th episode is that it was RAY RAY RAY. WTH?!? What is up with that? Really, come on now, why could we not get a silly, upbeat, Greg centered or Archie centered episode? I don't understand how a level ONE CSI could get so much action so soon. It doesn't feel right, you know? I was looking forward to watching the team teach Ray like they did when Greg became CSI. How believable is this episode?
    I was shaking my head throughout this entire show - I have never been so TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED in a tv episode. lol

Shame on the writers - it was a great story but this was unfair to the fans.

If the show continues (anyone know?) to be Ray Ray Ray I'll be flipping the channel 'cause it just doesn't make any sense.

Insulted and peeved off,
    governess

p.s. I honestly do not mean anything mean by this. Don't take me too seriously, ok? :)

7. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

Just watched the episode at 8 o clock here in canada. It wasn't very good. WAY to much Ray and the story sucked and was boring. To much wrestling scenes, i don't know what else to say. Disapointing. Especially for a milestone episode.

8. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

So I take it <3 Billy made no appearances? :*( I refuse to watch...every single time I turn the channel to CSI I get teary eyed...Yes, I'm emotional about Billy!! Anyway, judging from what ya'll have said about the episode, I'd be highly disappointed too. Glad I'm not watching.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

UH, geez-louise, they didn't hire Laurence Fishburne to shove him in the background:rolleyes: and pay him a whooping $14 million. He's the new star,:thumbsup: and I remember when soo, many fans were so so thrilled that he was on this show, and are now complaining, that he's on too much, some fans are never happy with anything... I think it's a big bonus to have this hugh former movie star as the new star on CSI. In all areas of the planet there's always the top dog, boss/employee, manager/tenant, president/cabinet, and this is an ensemble but he's the top dog now, and doing a super job at that...I will post my thoughts on the episode after I see it~

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Halfway through this episode and wondering when it will ever end. Borrrring!!! Strange....and not interesting at all. And those freaky drums throughout are driving me insane. :rolleyes:

I'll watch it one more time to cap it, and probably never see it again. There are very few episodes that I never watch after the first time, but this will be one. Nothing to do with Ray, it's just a really lame episode.

Although...got to love Nick and Brass riding in the car yet again! :lol: And Nick speaking Spanish. :adore:

11. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

It's just wrong. Marg's paid her dues and she's the supervisor now. Simply because she's not a man, she can't be the lead. How sexist! Ray's not even on the radar in comparison to the other's qualifications. Ridiculous! Marg stayed on to finish Catherine's character and do it justice; how the hell will that ever happen if Ray is all they ever shove down our throats? Ray wasn't even a part of the majority of those 200 episodes; he should be in the background, not the focus, for this milestone.

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm totally disappointed in this episode. Way too much Ray and overall boring story. the 200th episode should have featured more of the people who have been on almost all 200 episodes. For a CSI Level 1 he gets to do way too much solo without another upper level CSI with him. Greg never got that chance and still hardly does. It's a freaking shame they wasted the 200th ep like this.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

-What the frick is this opening? Is this a reference to a movie I didn't see? *is confused*
    -Jeez, what did you drink?
    -PSA: If you see creepy people in masks, run away! Although it'd be better if it was TOWARDS A POPULATED AREA!
    -Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Die. That's what you get for not running at all fast.
    -Fancy. I'm not sure yet about all of this "200TH EPISODE!" whatnot.
    -"Hodges?" "Yeah?" "Why are you still standing there?" Hee.
    -I just noticed that the lighting's different. So much for my powers of perception.
    -Negative tox screen? Clearly you didn't watch the beginning of this episode.
    -How much is a Level One allowed to do by themselves? Really.
    -Very different feel to this episode. Even the sound is different. And kind of odd.
    -Oh, but I thought CODIS was magical and you could run anything through it.
    -WTF, scene, WTF?
    -Remember my complaints about CSI:NY and subtitles? Yeah, they apply here too.
    -Okay, enough with the music. It's getting annoying.
    -Does no one have a map? It'd be some much easier than "Blow it up. More. More. More. More."
    -Wow, I'm complaining a lot tonight.
    -We're emphasizing the "DNA is bad" stigma, aren't we?
    -Oh, so CODIS isn't magic. Wendy is. *smirk*
    -Wrestler is actually kind of smart. Nevermind. He's so doomed. Holy crap. That took like twenty minutes.
    -"Don't do anything weird." Hee.
    -Alternate version of "The devil made me do it"?
    -What the hell did he do? Slam the door so hard it broke?

Eh, it was okay. Not exactly a fantastic teamwork episode for being the 200th.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Couldn't wait for it to be over. The most disappointing and boring episode I have ever seen. I expected better from the 200th, shameful.

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

My episode summary:

I should have watched the series finale of ER.

The other sordid details can be found here