Episode 7x20 - Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by squinn1201, Mar 26, 2009.

1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

From what I heard, he doesn't really "work" with him, he just confronts Tara with him.

3. csi_justine

csi_justine Witness

That what I heard to probably he has no choice but to tell Rick about Tara's problem.

4. nwolfson22

oh good. That makes me feel much better. FewH!

5. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

Wow luvcsimiami that was some post!!! But I am glad to hear someone really stick up for Delko. Your right, Ryan and Delko definitely have a love-hate relationship and they are each guilty of taking malicious jabs at one another. But, personally I think it makes the two characters fun to watch. It can't be all harmony all the time, how boring would that be!

6. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

The episode was great. I loved it.

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree. Me too.

8. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

No offense to Tara but Ryan confronting her and possibly leading to her getting in trouble kinda makes me happy.

9. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I just wonder if any of the CSI team realized that Eric was wearing the same clothes as he did the day before?? That leads me to believe that Eric is not yet actually living with Calleigh or spending the night is a new thing. If he was, he'd probably have clothes there! I bet that the make-up sex was great! LOL! ;)

10. nwolfson22

luvcsimiami-i first have to say, welcome to the board. That was one of the most well backed up and detailed posts I've seen on this and the cbs miami board combined. I am in shear amazement at all the info and have a huge smile on my face because its so awesome how big of a fan you are (you should join the adam rod yahoo fansite if you aren't already a member its a real blast). I look forward to your next posts!

I am going to blame the costume department on his clothes...but then again maybe I am wrong.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  11. electra

electra Pathologist

In all honesty,luvcsimiami,had I been in the same situation as E/C ,I would have gone to Horatio or to a superior.Compromising evidence is something serious so Eric was even mild as to what I would do in real life.But given that I saw why Ryan did it(to save Billy's life),I can see his side as well.This is one of those situations where nothing is all black or all white.

In respect to Eric clothes,was it intentional( to let us know how E/C would get outed)or was just a failure of the costume departament?

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I kept expecting Calleigh to go to Horatio and say, "Horatio, I think something is really wrong with Ryan; he's been acting really strange. He says he's not gambling, but he's got a missing tooth and a cut on his lip and he seems kind of distracted." But of course they can't do that because they don't put these two in those kinds of scenes together anymore. When they do they're usually across the room from each other or one of them on either side of the lab table. :(

The situation definitely has a bunch of different shades of grey, that's for sure.

:lol: about the clothes. You knwo what? I didn't even notice. haha. But, I'm assuming since he took a shower, that he washed the clothes as well. It wouldn't do much good to take a shower and then put dirty clothes back on.... especially the underwear. :lol: Of course he could do that thing they did on one sitcom and turn his underwear inside out and wear the other side. :lol: I wish I could remember what show that was on. :lol:

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I loved your post too. I'm a huge Eric fan and one of the reasons I like him is because he is so passionate about things. His emotions are always right on the surface. At the same time sometimes it drives me crazy cause he doesn't stop to think at times :lol:. But I think that his reaction, in this episode, though intense, was justified. I read somewhere that he was screaming at Ryan, but when I went and watched the episode again I realized he didn't scream. He was mad, yes, but there was no screaming. I also saw that he did give Ryan the chance to explain in that scene but Ryan answered other things.

-First Eric asked "why" and Ryan said "I had to"
    -Then Eric asked "you had spinning our wheels all day while you were
    holding on to a key piece of evidence?" and Ryan answered "I'm sorry"
    -Then "what the hell's wrong with you, Wolfe?" no answer
    -Then again "huh?" and Ryan said "take a look at it"
    -After Eric said there was ridge detail and Calleigh asked "and you've had it the whole time?" then Ryan said there were "extenuating circumstances". At this point Eric and Cal were already so pissed and frustrated that they didn't want to listen to anything else.

When Ryan looks at Calleigh for support after Eric said "get out" Cal just shakes her head and looks away like I can't believe this and when she points out that he had had the casing all along she sounded really pissed. I love that their reactions talk so much about who they are. Eric is the emotional one that lets everything out and is so vocal about everything and Cal is the controlled one that listens and analyzes and tries to understand what is going on. At the same time she is hurt and angry cause she did try to help him before and now he comes waltzing in with a key piece of evidence and she doesn't get it.

We the audience know all that Ryan went through and can sympathize and understand him. We know that what he had been through had been brutal. Eric and Cal were just frustrated and angry and hurt cause they didn't know what the heck was going and had been asking him about it throughout the whole day.

I agree with GRNF and electra that the situation definitely has a bunch of different shades of grey and is definitely not black and white. So kudos to the writers for that cause they were able to create a situation were both sides can be sympathized with and makes the viewer kind of torn in what to think.

Also like I said in an earlier post if they had left everything peachy between them Ryan's line of "they are trying to break us" wouldn't have had the same effect.

About Eric's clothes... I really thought they were going to explain that somehow. It was so evident :lol:! Maybe the moment was edited, IDK. But I think it makes it clear that they were in Calleigh's place so at least we know who's house we were seeing.

14. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

hi luvcsimiami that little vent off you had had me thinking alot because i too admit that in this episode it is the only time i have said i didnt like delko in the end.
    I openly admit i too was on the bashing wagon but after your little note it made me think twice and as for the ryan and natalia and eric triangle i never even thought about it as ryan manipulated the conversation peices in order to get the result he wanted.
    THAT Peice you said has me thinking ALOT now and i too am not a huge fan of jonathan togo i do like his character to a point but i will give him a pat on the back for his acting in this ep i was totally into his charcter and actually forgot about eric in the shower.

Dont kill me adam fans that picture i could never forget lol but he really did draw you into the episode. great eye opener on eric and ryan rivalry luvcsimiami!!

15. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Finally i'm here to write my opinion about this ep.

It was AWESOME!!! Jon, you know i love you, but now i love you even more! (i didn't know it's possible).

Ryan's wake up was kinda funny, but still sad, he was in pain from torture, poor baby :( I like how he seats on the ground and check his badge, gun and phone, he looks like tramp when he stands and going home.

I was so annoying that they mix Ryan and Eric scenes, Calleigh was ok, but i really don't like Eric and i don't like look at him (i never understand what he saying, so why should watch him?), but here i have to see him, cuz i didn't wanna miss any Ryan scene. Please TPTB don't do thing like that ever again!!!

I can't look on Ryan torture, when he starts scream i wanna cry and kick that bad guys ass. I like scene in bathroom, there was weird design :lol: Ryan need woman in his life, some sweet girl with good taste (in clothes and design, but if it was me he always go naked :p joking :lol: he can wear boxers :D).

Love Ryan in every scene, Jon amazing actor, he can play only his eyes, IMO, not every actor can do this, even more, actors who can play only their eyes is not that much. We lucky, on this show we have two actors who plays by their eye - Jon and David. IMO, of course. I know, my post pretty rambling, that because i have so many thoughts about this ep and many of them i can't put in English words :( So i just say, that i see and believe in all pain in his eyes, despair and how he hate do what he have to, everytime when he messing with evidense, i saw how he hate do this. And when he saw vid with Billy, awwww, it's broke his heart (and mine too).

I like his scenes with Calleigh, except last one, but i write about it later. When she ask him about tooth and cut on lip i almost screaming on screen "i can't believe it, you really notice!" and thought everyone was don't care. But i was surprise that no one didn't ask him why he don't answer on phone calls yesterday night. Come on, guys! He don't pick up phone all evening, on next day he came on work with cut on lip and missing tooth and you believe in his lame explanation about dentist? You investigators or what? Ok, Calleigh i forgive you at that moment, cuz you give him soooo flirty smile, that i forgot about EC romance, my CaRWash heart is melt. It's so obvious that he more comfortable with her, i just love it (at that moment).

I was so glad that H listen him. But i still can't catch moment when he said "they underestimate you, Mr. Wolfe", when exactly he said that? Please, write quote before this and quote after, it would be easier for me catch this phrase.

And i almost cry when Ryan thought that Billy was dead, like Stanislavsky said "I believe it!", and then H said him that Billy is ok... God, it's looks like he wear trouble of whole world on his shoulders and at that moment it was gone. BRAVO JON!!!

Now i start get angry. Scene with Cal and Eric was awful. I can understand why they was pissed of, but they should give him chance explain this. hiphugger17, i don't agree with you, they don't give him chance to explain. All quotes you wrote was too fast, he really don't say anything, just wanna show them that evidence is key to solve this crime. And when he starts explain with words "extenuating circumstances...", Eric shook his head and don't give him chance say more. He interrupted him and at this moment i wanna hit Eric hard! Sorry Eric fans, but i'm soooooo angry in his character! And Calleigh? When Ryan screw up, when she mad at him and hurt she always give him chance to explain. She was hurt by his mistakes in past and she was strong in same time. But i should say bye-bye good old Calleigh, new one looks like little girl who acting hurt in silence, yeah bullet girl is disappear. And i blame EC romance in it, but it for another thread ;)

Ok, i almost done :) I love the end of this ep, Billy is cutest boy ever! And Ryan give him so sweet smile -awwww- my heart melted.

I'm sorry for long post and i know it was rambling a bit, like i wrote before - i have so many thoughts about this ep and many of them i can't put in English words.