Episode 7x20 - Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by squinn1201, Mar 26, 2009.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I totally agree. She was looking at him like trying to get into his head to understand what the heck was going on. Calleigh isn't as vocal and emotional as Eric. What I saw her doing during this scene was listening and trying to understand before jumping to conlcusions. I think she kept trying to get a grasp on what was going on. Also, I think that at the end she was so frustrated with everything (including Ryan's explanations or lack of) that when Ryan looked at her for support she just didn't want to hear anything else. Still the way she kept looking at him when he walked out makes me think that she was going to keep wondering about it and really did know that there was more to it. She was just hurt and frustrated with the whole thing.

I also agree with everyone that has said that this better have some continuity and that we should see that they work things out.

2. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I didn't say that Calleigh shouldn't be upset or hurt, he have all reasons for that. I'm saying that her reactions was different them usual in situations like this. IMO, her character change a lot in last two years and she become weaker.

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I think Ryan and H are leaving E/C and everyone else out of the loop intentionally. Not saying the kidnapping and such is a secret, I just think they're trying to lay low till it blows over.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I'm kind of torn. I like that Ryan and H have this thing between them cause I always liked their relationship... but at the same time, I kind of want Cal and Eric to know what happened cause I don't want them to be thinking badly of Ryan. :lol: I want them to know how heroic he was and how loyal he was while that guy was hurting him. No matter what the guy did to him personally, Ryan still said no. Only when the guy said that an innocent child would die did Ryan cave. I kind of want Cal and Eric to know that.

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I agree with you. Poor Ryan has been through hell, and even in the end, he's still facing consequence for doing the right thing by having his team at odds with him :( I guess the kidnapping and such will leave it's mark one way or the other. Hopefully TPTB will FINALLY clean things up between E/C and Ryan later in the season, or some time before the entire series ends...

6. me.fergie

me.fergie Hit and Run

I agree with the fact that he was not ready emotionally. After such a trauma, people usually like to forget what has happend...

But I also think that, if he had told Cal and Eric, it wouldn't fit his character. He has always been depicted as a guy who doesn't talk too much about anything in his personal life. If he suddenly had told them, it would be so different from the usual Ryan behaviour we get, I would have found that very odd.

And I agree with GNRF. I would just love the thought that Cal and Eric think so badly of him, and then they find out what exactely he had to go through, and still not caving in. It makes you wonder how much more the russians had done to him if there hadn't been any Billy around for them to blackmail him with.... :( But still I think if they ever find it out, it shouldn't been Ryan who tells them, because it wouldn't fir his character... IMHO, of course :D

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I totally agree. Ryan never would have tampered with the evidence to save his own skin. I agree with Me.Fergie; I also wonder how much more the Russian would have done to him to get Ryan to cooperate if Billy wasn't around. Although I don't hold it against Cal or Eric, it is why I felt so bad for poor Ryan when Eric told him to leave. He did something he didn't want to do at all to save someone else and he really did want them to know. I would also like Cal and Eric to know that. Not only to know what had happened to him and why he did what he did, but so they don't have to wonder everytime they work with him can they trust him and know he is a good cop and good person. It sounds as if the Russians are returning and IMHO a great way to end the season is for the Russians to go down in flames and for Ryan to be redeemed in Cal and Eric's eyes (we already know the truth). Although I would be happier if it happened, earlier.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

What exactly about Calleigh not understanding Ryan makes her weak? For what I can see the issue is about being supportive or understanding (that we all have different opinions and it's fine)not about strenght.Unless her being strong could be that he should have told Stetler about what Ryan did.That is what someone that doesn't know Ryan would do.

9. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I have a argue on Russian forum. And i wanna ask you, what do you all think.

Do you that H know what happen with Ryan? Or Ryan don't tell more then his short story (very short). I think that H as superviser should know whole story and ask Ryan about this. IAB can come after this and H should know everything. And if Ryan lie him, i think he find out, H always know when Ryan lies.

What do you think?

10. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I don't think H knew the whole story. If he did, he would have like, taken down that whole mob in a day. I think he knew Ryan was kidnapped and threatened, but judging from his reaction I'm going to say he didn't know about the torture. From the stoic character that H is, I know he would have flipped his lid if he knew that happened to one of his CSIs. He was pretty pissed when Ryan got the nail in his eye.

Orla, this is a totally weird question, but what is it like for a Russian watching a Russian mob go after the CSIs? If I was watching a show from another country and saw an...American mob, I'd be kinda...offended.

11. me.fergie

me.fergie Hit and Run

Honnestly? I think H. just knows what happened to him, without having been told. It's just because it always is like this. Horatio just knows. I don't think Ryan has told him anything more than what we have seen on the show, but the way H. treated the guy, like tying him to the chair and stuff means to me that he knows nevertheless. He's Super H. after all :rolleyes:

EDIT: just read Hollyyo's post, and I was asking myself the same question :)

12. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

But you think he knows about fake print?

When i(and many others) see in American movie Russians bad guys we was like "Ok, we bad again". It's boring, i personally not offended, cuz any country have criminals, mafia, mob, etc. So, for me it's nothing mean, we have good people here, you have good people there, just don't think about all russians bad if you (i don't say you did) see it movie and we don't think bad about all others countrys if we see them from bad side. ;)

13. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Good question. Because that puts this whole thing into a different light. I'd forgotten how Ryan set the security guard up with the fake fingerprint. Will he tell about that? Or will he omit that? And if he does tell....how is H going to react? It's one thing to compromise evidence. It's a whole different ballgame when you knowingly set up an innocent man.

14. me.fergie

me.fergie Hit and Run

Now that's one really interesting thing. Maybe the fact that this has not been mentioned will at one point come back to haunt him, even if it really lead them to the right thing: if the print hadn't been there, they wouldn't have checked his jacket for GSR, and the maybe wouldn't have checked on the girl. Ok, it was the bullet casing that finally explained everything, but I think it all added up.... But I don't think H. knows about that. Though I am sure if he ever asks ryan, Ryan will not omit it. He's an honnest guy, and he will come clear. Lying about this would not go with his character.

But we shouldn't hope too much... we know how Miami writers hate continuity :( ;)

15. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Thanks. Sorry for the long delay in response. I do think the love-hate relationship does make it interesting but I hate that somehow no matter what Ryan does or who he hurts whether Eric is there or not somehow it's always seen as Eric's fault. Ryan and Eric equally engage in petty disputes that aren't necessary. Personally, I think Calleigh needs to go off on both of them and tell them she's tired of being the mediator. :)